Author Topic: i still think 'in da club'.....  (Read 619 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
i still think 'in da club'.....
« on: January 30, 2004, 12:47:41 PM »
was the best song of the new millenium. ya'll can talk about how stupid i am and how retarded i am, but that is one of the hardest beats i've ever heard. and 50 rode it perfectly (even though i believe that em wrote the hook). i'd have to say it's one of the most solid tracks i've heard since pac passed away....anyone else agree?

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:i still think 'in da club'.....
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 12:50:46 PM »
eh...

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 01:02:02 PM »
I think you are a homo  8)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 01:04:03 PM »
don't try to say that you haven't heard 99 other rappers tryin to rock over that beat. i've heard so many people tryin to rap over this beat it's ridiculous. and still, no matter how much i hate him, 50 rocked it the best....

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 01:06:44 PM »
I think you are a homo  8)

original...

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 01:22:27 PM »
best song of the new millenium as in anything after 2000(or was it 2001 or 1999, i forgot how they do the start of the century thing), then you're probably right. i dont recall a single song making as big of an impact as it did it recent years.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 01:43:54 PM »
Just becouse it makes a huge impact doesnt mean its good music . Mc Hammer also made a huge hit , but does it mean its good ? Hell no ! I think you proved yourself to not be checking out enough good hip hop music . In da club is a good song...when youre partying , but I can name a million songs that came after the year 2000 that is much better
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 01:45:09 PM by NeAp »

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 01:57:51 PM »
Just becouse it makes a huge impact doesnt mean its good music . Mc Hammer also made a huge hit , but does it mean its good ? Hell no ! I think you proved yourself to not be checking out enough good hip hop music . In da club is a good song...when youre partying , but I can name a million songs that came after the year 2000 that is much better

just because it makes a huge impact doesn't mean it's NOT good music. look at any dre album. any pac album. any album that made a huge impact probably made a huge impact because it was good at one time. i'm from the old school, and i remember when hammer came out, hammer was THA SHIZNIT. don't front, anyone in here born before 82' probably listened to hammer and thought it was dope for the time. that's why DEATH ROW signed hammer when DEATH ROW was on top of the world. yeah, lookin back on it now, we see it as whack. but don't deny that it wasn't dope for it's time.

like i said, i'm from the old school, and i can't recall anything as good as when pac was alive. i'm sure that there ARE a million songs that are dope in your eyes, but being a fan of the earlier days of rap, 'in da club' ranks up there FOR ME with many of the west coast classics.

tell me, what kind of lyrical content did the chronic have? it made a huge impact for it's time. yet the lyrics on a classic like 'the chronic' pale in comparison to a release by even an average rapper nowadays. you can't take albums out of context and compare them to albums from other time periods.

i'm sayin, to me, 'in da club' reminds me of some classic westcoast bangers, and it's probably the latest one to remind me of a westcoast banger since anything pac has done (or maybe bad azz's personal business album). i think 'in da club' brings back exactly what west coast rap was lacking - hard basslines and dope hooks.

by the way, do we consider 'in da club' a westcoast song? i do. i don't know why but i do.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 02:46:46 PM »
are you guys kidding...it's obviously that the biggest hit of the new millenium is "The Real Slim Shady"...because of that single the MMLP went on to sell 1.7 mil in it's first week and about 9.4 to date..."In Da Club" was probably in the top 5 biggests hits of the new millenium thus far, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 02:48:05 PM »
alright i just noticed that you posted that it was the hardest song of the new millenium and not the biggest selling...by saying it was the hardest you are way off...don't make me name about 100 other songs that were harder, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 02:57:36 PM »
ahh c'mon. Daz murdered the "in da club" beat with his amazing flow on "we don't give a fuck". Royce da 5'9'' also murdered the beat. 50 ain't got shit on either daz or royce. Fuck 50
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 03:19:46 PM »
"In The Club" is probably the biggest hip-hop single ever.  It was more popular than "The Real Slim Shady".
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 04:48:21 PM »
I dunno, I never really liked the song that much, I don't hate 50, but I never considered the beat one of Dre's best and 50's verses & flow are ok, but not even his best either. It's a club banger, definitely, but since 2000 (or 2001 actually) there's been many club bangers I feel alot more

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004, 05:39:33 PM »
I'm not gonna say your a homo or anything jus that I disagree, it was 1 of the most popular 1 of the best club bangersbut to me that was the only time it was good.  I don't really like 50 and I don't hate himI'll be happy if he does something else like thatbut I won't say its the best song of the millenium or anything along those lines.

-KIDRENEGADE-

bez

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »
DOPE SONG.

Any1 who disagrees is a dickhead.