Author Topic: i still think 'in da club'.....  (Read 644 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re:i still think 'in da club'.....
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2004, 09:01:17 AM »
wow. isn't it funny that we all feel we must tell each other what is better music? goddam no one seems to agree on anything! i think i should keep my song opinons to myself....

Bomb-A®

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2004, 11:03:39 AM »
don't try to say that you haven't heard 99 other rappers tryin to rock over that beat. i've heard so many people tryin to rap over this beat it's ridiculous. and still, no matter how much i hate him, 50 rocked it the best....

i liked young buc's fresstyle over this beat. i listen to it more than the og

peace

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2004, 11:19:08 AM »
don't try to say that you haven't heard 99 other rappers tryin to rock over that beat. i've heard so many people tryin to rap over this beat it's ridiculous. and still, no matter how much i hate him, 50 rocked it the best....

i liked young buc's fresstyle over this beat. i listen to it more than the og

peace

honestly i haven't heard that many, but the fact that so many people have rapped over it must mean that it is a damn good beat...i mean, i've only heard 1 person rap over most critically acclaimend beats. the fact that most of us have heard more than TEN different versions of high profile artists rappin over the same beat should mean something. i've only heard quik and suga free rappin over 'trouble'

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2004, 11:35:30 AM »
Trouble beat, is far better than in da club.  Lots of quik beats are better than dre beats, and it doesn't take quik 2 years to make 4 beats.

i don't think the trouble beat is even close to in da club. trouble is a dope beat, no doubt, but the only people who ever cared to rock it were quik and suga free - EVERYBODY loved that dre beat so much that EVERYBODY felt the need to rap over it. even mary j. blige rocked it. beyonce. bubba sparxxx. young buc. daz. rahzel. i heard arrested development rock over it at a concert this summer. royce. biggie on that rap phenomenon mixtape. even andre nickatina rocked it. even HARRISON FORD had that song poppin in his movie trailer for hollywood homicide.

regardless of how you feel about it, it's had a FAR bigger effect than 'trouble'......

and as for dre releasing 4 beats in 2 years, that's besides the point of this post. honestly, i could care less about at least half of dre beats. i just happen to think that 'in da club' is one of his better beats and probably his best beat of the millenium...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 11:45:35 AM by JTPlatnum »

PLANT

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2004, 11:40:52 AM »
Yes I agree...."In da Club" was fuckin huge, and will be for years to come.  I cant remember the last song that got this big since 2001's "Next Episode".

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2004, 11:44:55 AM »
alright i just noticed that you posted that it was the hardest song of the new millenium and not the biggest selling...by saying it was the hardest you are way off...don't make me name about 100 other songs that were harder, peace.

'hardest' is a figure of speech to me. i mean it's BANGIN

name a couple songs that bang harder - and nothin off the 'rip the jacker' album either because i don't think any of those are straight bangers - they make you think and are more lyrics based than any song dre produces.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 11:49:16 AM by JTPlatnum »

BL7

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2004, 12:01:43 PM »
Trouble beat, is far better than in da club.  Lots of quik beats are better than dre beats, and it doesn't take quik 2 years to make 4 beats.

i don't think the trouble beat is even close to in da club. trouble is a dope beat, no doubt, but the only people who ever cared to rock it were quik and suga free - EVERYBODY loved that dre beat so much that EVERYBODY felt the need to rap over it. even mary j. blige rocked it. beyonce. bubba sparxxx. young buc. daz. rahzel. i heard arrested development rock over it at a concert this summer. royce. biggie on that rap phenomenon mixtape. even andre nickatina rocked it. even HARRISON FORD had that song poppin in his movie trailer for hollywood homicide.

regardless of how you feel about it, it's had a FAR bigger effect than 'trouble'......

and as for dre releasing 4 beats in 2 years, that's besides the point of this post. honestly, i could care less about at least half of dre beats. i just happen to think that 'in da club' is one of his better beats and probably his best beat of the millenium...

It is way bigger than "Trouble". "Ice Ice Baby" is bigger than "Trouble", does that mean it's a better song? I'm not dissing your opinion, I'm just stating mine.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2004, 01:33:08 PM »
^^ we both know that 'in da club' is not going to go the same direction as 'ice ice baby'.

we have a consistently proven hitmaker (dre - makin hits for TWENTY YEARS) making another HUGE hit.

whereas 'ice ice baby' came from a gimmicky one-hit wonder - a nobody in terms of music. they're incomparable.

'trouble' is also by a consistently proven hitmaker, (quik) but sadly his hits have never and will never appeal to the masses like dres hits. quiks beats reach hip hop heads though, and i bet that every person that rocked the dre beat at least HEARD the quik beat, but didn't feel it was dope enough to rap over it.

i'm just sayin, the fact that so many people felt the need to do their own version of the song means it was a huge hit. it means they liked the song. it means that they liked it so much they had to spit over it. to me: trouble was/is dope, but not as dope as 'in da club'. to the rappers that spit over it: trouble was/is dope, but not as dope as 'in da club'.

BL7

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2004, 01:50:32 PM »
I agree that "In Da Club" is the biggest hit, I just don't think it's the best song of the millennium. It appeals to the majority, but a lot of people still don't like it. I think it's all a matter of opinion when it comes to the best, though, there's no denying it's a huge song.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2004, 01:51:45 PM »

aight, here is something you and everyone else on this forum needs to understand.  When I make a post, I speak soley for myself, and my opinion.  I don't care if 98% of the world likes in da club better than trouble.  A forum is about dropping your opinon.  My opinion, is that trouble is a better song than in da club, and a better beat.  I brought up the length of time it takes to make beats because I feel that overall Quik is more talented than Dre, but that is a whole other argument.  Dre is great, I luv his beats no doubt, but I think quik overall is more talented.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2004, 01:55:20 PM »

aight, here is something you and everyone else on this forum needs to understand.  When I make a post, I speak soley for myself, and my opinion.  I don't care if 98% of the world likes in da club better than trouble.  A forum is about dropping your opinon.  My opinion, is that trouble is a better song than in da club, and a better beat.  I brought up the length of time it takes to make beats because I feel that overall Quik is more talented than Dre, but that is a whole other argument.  Dre is great, I luv his beats no doubt, but I think quik overall is more talented.

alright, i respect that.