Author Topic: Young Turk Facing Attempted Murder Charges  (Read 170 times)

SGV

Young Turk Facing Attempted Murder Charges
« on: January 30, 2004, 07:15:20 PM »
Cash Money's Young Turk is facing attempted murder charges accused of shooting two deputies in a drug raid in Memphis, Tenn.

According to Shelby County detectives, Virgil "Turk" Tab Jr., opened fire on deputies on Monday while they were searching a Memphis apartment for drugs. One deputy remains in critical condition with gunshot wounds to the mouth, hip and leg and the other has been released after being treated for a gunshot wound to the neck, say Memphis officials.

The deputies, part of a 12-member team of SWAT and narcotics team, were serving a search warrant at an apartment complex in South Memphis to look for heroin, Memphis police officials said. The 22 year-old rapper was one of three people inside the apartment when the officers approached the front door and announced their presence, Shelby County Sheriff Mark Luttrell said. The officers immediately came under fire, Luttrell said.

Turk, who is wanted in New Orleans on a probation violation since March, is being held on $1 million bail. The other two people in the apartment with Turk were questioned and released.

No heroin was found in the apartment though a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia was confiscated.

Turk's had several run-ins with the law according to court records. Before his first solo album, Young & Thuggin' hit in 2001, he had been arrested twice for possession of heroin. In December 2002, after a subsequent arrest, he was placed on electronic monitoring, but a warrant was issued for his arrest four months later after he missed several court appearances.

No one from Cash Money Records has commented on the charges. Recently, Young Turk signed a deal with Koch Records for his sophomore LP, Raw and Uncut which was set to drop on September 23, 2003.

Sohh.com

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Young Turk Facing Attempted Murder Charges
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 07:41:18 PM »
 :-\

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 08:25:54 PM »
Hmmm... I won't comment until we learn more, from the story the only thing pointing at him is that they said he did it.  They didn't say for sure anything else that concretely puts it on him, I guess.  Whoever shot at them ought to die a slow death in prison.  

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 02:27:19 AM »
so he in jail but tha other 2 cats wit him were just questioned and released? either he 4 sure 100% shot em up or dats some fucked up ass shit........

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 04:57:27 AM »
Hmmm... I won't comment until we learn more, from the story the only thing pointing at him is that they said he did it.  They didn't say for sure anything else that concretely puts it on him, I guess.  Whoever shot at them ought to die a slow death in prison.  
i agree