Author Topic: Lil Flip going to Shady/Aftermath?  (Read 697 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Lil Flip going to Shady/Aftermath?
« on: February 02, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »
Lil Flip was on the radio here in his hometown of Houston this morning, and said he is going to sign a new record deal within the month and that the frontrunners are Death Row, Rap-A-Lot, and Shady. He said he met Eminem sometime last year, and Eminem said that he was a funny motherfucker with skills, you dont find that much anymore.

Lil Flip said that he has been talking to Dre about signing since mid 2000, after he went to Cali with Devin, and Dre heard Lil Flip and Kurput spitting in the studio. Said that he was considering Death Row as the front runner, but now that Crooked I is gone, he dont see hiself on the Death Row roster. "If that couldnt get Crook's album out in 2 years, how long would it take to get my shit out"?

Said that Shady/Aftermath are the front runners now, especially since Stat Quo signed. "Thats my homie right there, shit he came to H-Town last year, and me Stat, Slim Thug, and Devin spent like 2 days in the studio just blowing kill and recording tracks, we made like 8 songs in less than 48 hours, shit was fire."

No Source yet, got it from the Ras Kass forum.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

SGV

Re:Lil Flip going to Shady/Aftermath?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 01:23:41 PM »
Could be possible. He's wrecked 50 on a few freestyles they did together. His numbers would be enormous if he went to the Math. But imagine how long it would take for Aftermath to put out his album?

Universal gave him a huge deal, Dre wouldn't buy that contract out.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 01:24:16 PM by SGV »

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 01:54:10 PM »
from reading that, it looks like he would be signing to Shady, not Shady/Aftermath
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 01:57:49 PM »
Could be possible. He's wrecked 50 on a few freestyles they did together. His numbers would be enormous if he went to the Math. But imagine how long it would take for Aftermath to put out his album?

Universal gave him a huge deal, Dre wouldn't buy that contract out.

isnt stat quo also linked through universal? not interscope (aftermath branching out...)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 01:58:17 PM by Overseer »

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 03:05:06 PM »
Deathrow?!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 03:07:57 PM »
:(

hope not.

Fuck Lil Flip. He sucks so much.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 03:18:51 PM »
Maybe they can do a deal with Shady/Aftermath/Interscope/Universal, but that's basically what it is anyway. Universal is the parent company of them all.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 03:32:51 PM »
^ i think u can cut interscope out of that.

from a news story a while back it was something along the lines of aftermath brokering a deal with universal to put out aftermath/universal stat quo.. just like some indies do with distributors aftermath is doin with the majors.. per project.. interesting huh

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 03:35:58 PM »
LOL...

if true, danm!!!!
Lil Flip bout to have a GRIP of new fan's who have always loved his music since day 1... ;)

Hatesrats 2oooIV

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2004, 03:41:36 PM »
Sounds pretty dope IMO...

Shady/Aftermath is running the game right now.  Everything they drop is heat.  And if they add some big players from the south, its only gonna get better for that roster.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 08:24:14 PM »
LOL...

if true, danm!!!!
Lil Flip bout to have a GRIP of new fan's who have always loved his music since day 1... ;)

Hatesrats 2oooIV

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2004, 07:44:10 AM »
dunno if it would be a good deal, Lil Flip over Eminem beats would sound a lil weird, Flip over a Dre beat would sound ill, Underground Legend was a  dope album.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 05:40:43 AM »
took me a while to get into lil flip after hearing "The Way We Ball" i didnt give him much of a chance but hes growing on me.

mauzip

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 05:48:07 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me. He's on a lot of Whoo Kid mixtapes too.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 09:50:20 AM »
LOL...

if true, danm!!!!

Hatesrats 2oooIV

i agree with this^

and i'll go out on record as saying.......i'll always hate his music.......i'll buy the instrumentals instead ,lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09