Author Topic: gonna bitch about 50 cent....  (Read 1259 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
gonna bitch about 50 cent....
« on: February 02, 2004, 01:49:22 PM »
i know that most of the people on this board can't stand 50 either, but i really can't stand his ass cuz he came out years ago and didn't amount to shit. he came with a gimmicky first single that no one paid attention to - except a few guys that beat the fuck outta him and shot and stabbed him cuz of it - that was a cheap attempt to get airplay. i was so glad it didn't succeed.

i guess the fact that 50 couldn't make it when the rap industry was respectable (to an older rap fan - i'm only 24 and i been listening for about 17 years) is what makes me hate him. and I DO ADMIT, i think get rich or die tryin was/is a DOPE album. but i still can't help hatin on him cuz of the basic fact that he made it big at a time when rap music is such garbage.

budsmokeronly

Re:gonna bitch about 50 cent....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 01:55:42 PM »
I've only heard a few songs from him.  I can't stand his voice, he really reminds me of Ja Rule, who I hate.  I have never listened to any of his albums, nor do I ever intend to.  Basically here is how it is for me:  I listen to a shitload of music.  I have so much more music than I have time to listen to it.  I got enough of a taste of 50 from the radio, and I figure he gets enough attention as it is, so I'd rather turn my attention and money towards an artist that doesn't get much attention.  Not to mention, there is just nothing at all I like about 50 cent.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 01:58:13 PM »
I can't stand his voice,  
Not to mention, there is just nothing at all I like about 50 cent.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 02:06:28 PM »
 Basically here is how it is for me:  I listen to a shitload of music.  I have so much more music than I have time to listen to it.

lol. yeah i know what you mean man. isn't it disgusting when you got so many cds you don't remember what you got? i got cds i still haven't opened yet. i got multiple copies of cds that i didn't even know i bought.....

BL7

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 02:12:04 PM »
^^ If you don't listen to them by tomorrow, can I have them? ;D

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 02:26:17 PM »
^^ If you don't listen to them by tomorrow, can I have them? ;D

sure just come and get them. i live in new york. lol

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 03:54:38 PM »
50's dope.  Songs like "High all the time" and "Many Men" are fuckin sick.

I dont know how people can hate on songs like that.  Its like yall complain about all the "Hip Pop bullshit" and 50 drops some real fuckin street shit and yall complain even more.  Enjoy music for what its worth.  50 is dope.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 04:46:40 PM »

I dont know how people can hate on songs like that.  Its like yall complain about all the "Hip Pop bullshit" and 50 drops some real fuckin street shit and yall complain even more.  Enjoy music for what its worth.  50 is dope.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 05:11:09 PM »

cause people have different oppinions, and tastes of music.  and some people have listened to a lot more rappers than others on this forum, so they have a different way of judging.  

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2004, 05:24:40 PM »

Just don't listen homie..
easy solution

When I hate shit!!
I avoid shit!!

(I personaly like 50 cent...2 each his own tho)
Hatesrats 2oooIV

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 06:30:09 PM »

He may drop street shit but he has terrible lyrics, and a boring flow and annoying voice. I listened to that entire CD not once, but twice and I think its one of the worst albums I've ever heard in my life.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2004, 08:30:40 PM »

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2004, 09:03:10 PM »
i agree with lincoln entirely...his voice is horribly monotonous, and lyrics like "you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch yo mouth" (i enjoyed that...its what followed that was gay) "cuz i'll break yo face"

wow...you had a great line goin and then ya fucked it up with a threat that sounded like you're in third grade.

i liked the feel of grodt, because the beats were hot, and 50 does have some songs i like and will listen to but its getting to the point now where i really cant stand his voice because it has no variance in it.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2004, 05:55:03 AM »

He may drop street shit but he has terrible lyrics, and a boring flow and annoying voice.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2004, 06:34:37 AM »
He may drop street shit but he has terrible lyrics, and a boring flow and annoying voice.

yep, thats how i feel. his flow is so boring, its the production that saves him. i could live with the fact that he's popular, but its a sad day when you ask random people who their favorite rapper is and the majority says 50 cent. i dont hate him at all, cause i gave him a chance before people even knew who he was. i bought the "in too deep" soundtrack the day it came out in the summer of 99 and thats where i heard him for the first time. i thought "how to rob" was a dope track, at least he had a better flow than he has now..just listen to his older songs with dj premier which are a few years old, he was 10x the rapper than he is today
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 06:41:54 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network