Author Topic: Infinite Ibraheem QUESTION BOUT YOUR ISLAM  (Read 224 times)

VLADA

• Lil Geezy
  • GOLD COAST CITY 4 LIFE
Infinite Ibraheem QUESTION BOUT YOUR ISLAM
« on: June 02, 2002, 03:03:19 AM »
yo i read a few threads down in one of your posts  that you're talking about how you hit ROCK bottom and then you decided to convert to Islam.

this really pisses me off.  >:(

The fact that that bugs me is this:

You talk so proudly about being a muslim, but what about Christianity as a way of help. How could you be so ignorant that when things went bad you didn't look to Jesus Christ for help but decided to change religions. What made you believe so strongly that Christ gave up on you completely!!!

This makes me feel as if you made this move for reasons such as attention and/or without thinking.

Please do not take offence to any of my comments it is purely for conversational reasons, but it does puzzle me. I mean if you really are as dedicated as you say to Islam, why would did you not fully explore Christianity intially before switching.

Personally as a Orthodox Christian i feel offended by people who convert to Islam from Christianity, because it is like they are giving a clear inidcation that my beliefs and religion is rubbish and not worth the time.

???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

infinite59

Re: Infinite Ibraheem QUESTION BOUT YOUR ISLAM
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 10:35:29 AM »
yo i read a few threads down in one of your posts  that you're talking about how you hit ROCK bottom and then you decided to convert to Islam.

this really pisses me off.  >:(

The fact that that bugs me is this:

You talk so proudly about being a muslim, but what about Christianity as a way of help. How could you be so ignorant that when things went bad you didn't look to Jesus Christ for help but decided to change religions. What made you believe so strongly that Christ gave up on you completely!!!

This makes me feel as if you made this move for reasons such as attention and/or without thinking.

Please do not take offence to any of my comments it is purely for conversational reasons, but it does puzzle me. I mean if you really are as dedicated as you say to Islam, why would did you not fully explore Christianity intially before switching.

Personally as a Orthodox Christian i feel offended by people who convert to Islam from Christianity, because it is like they are giving a clear inidcation that my beliefs and religion is rubbish and not worth the time.

???

I never said I did not thoroughly explore Christianity.  You are putting words into my mouth that I did not say, and would have never said.

It went like this.  I was born into Christianity, baptised, and had a deeply religious grandmother who I loved that always read Bible Stories to me.  She's the reason why I still hesitate to change my name because it would be hard to explain my conversion to her.

Then I later became an atheist, because at age 12 a "Doggystyle" album sounded more real to me then anything I was hearing in church.  I was just a wild kid at the time, running around chasing girls trying to be a pimp.

During highschool my life started spinning out of control.  And after highschool, my problems only intensified.  I had spent years trying to get myself together.  Often I would open myself up to Christianity, desperately grabbing hold of a Bible, searching for some spiritual truth to safe me, and the more that Christianity didn't answer my call, the deeper I delved into Atheism.  I was the angriest of Atheists.  Always trying to put down religion any chance I could.

So there you have it.  I gave Christianity a chance on many occasions.  It only took once for Islam.  

Anyway, good discussion, I don't mind you asking these questions, and I hope you will ask more.

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 10:43:48 AM »
LOL this dudes name VLADA, reminds me of Vlade, as in Vlade Divac of the Sacramento Kings, lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 10:53:41 AM »
Who the idiot charlotte hornets TRADED to sacramento.  Man, we sucked.  Glad we're getting a new team.

Anyways.  I always think it's interesting to read and talk to people who reject christianity, I'd be interested to see where they are 20 years from now, and what they think about all that.  

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2002, 11:54:24 AM »
Who the idiot charlotte hornets TRADED to sacramento.  Man, we sucked.  Glad we're getting a new team.

Anyways.  I always think it's interesting to read and talk to people who reject christianity, I'd be interested to see where they are 20 years from now, and what they think about all that.  

I'm a Muslim.  Your a Christian.  I don't think your going to be doing any better in your life then I will be 20 years from now.  But I can tell you how bad I would be doing if I wasn't a Muslim.

VLADA

• Lil Geezy
  • GOLD COAST CITY 4 LIFE
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2002, 12:40:45 PM »
LOL this dudes name VLADA, reminds me of Vlade, as in Vlade Divac of the Sacramento Kings, lol

yeah man Divac is from my country. I'm originally from Yugoslavia, i lived in New Zealand 5 years and i've been on the Gold Coast Australia for last 3yrs. But yea Divac left Yugoslavia to pursue a basketball career in USA. Vlada is a common name is yugo.

YO Ibraheem, thats fair enough. I am very open minded about religion, plus i used to go out with a Turkis girl few months back who was muslim. Islam is definitly an interesting religion I've read up on it before simply for educational reasons on the way it commenced.

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2002, 12:57:13 PM »

yeah man Divac is from my country. I'm originally from Yugoslavia, i lived in New Zealand 5 years and i've been on the Gold Coast Australia for last 3yrs. But yea Divac left Yugoslavia to pursue a basketball career in USA. Vlada is a common name is yugo.

YO Ibraheem, thats fair enough. I am very open minded about religion, plus i used to go out with a Turkis girl few months back who was muslim. Islam is definitly an interesting religion I've read up on it before simply for educational reasons on the way it commenced.

Word.  1.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2002, 08:19:25 PM »

I'm a Muslim.  Your a Christian.  I don't think your going to be doing any better in your life then I will be 20 years from now.  But I can tell you how bad I would be doing if I wasn't a Muslim.

Lol, back down Issac.  I was just saying that It would be interesting to see how you're doing in 20 years, I wasn't saying that you'd be doing worse or better, damn.  Put the gun down.  

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2002, 02:15:27 AM »

Lol, back down Issac.  I was just saying that It would be interesting to see how you're doing in 20 years, I wasn't saying that you'd be doing worse or better, damn.  Put the gun down.  

lol...... I don't go nowhere without my pistol, pistol.