Author Topic: tell me a dope AUTOBIOGRAPHY to read...  (Read 362 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
tell me a dope AUTOBIOGRAPHY to read...
« on: February 03, 2004, 06:07:03 PM »
got a project comin up....gotta read an auto bio of someone......NOT a biography......but an autobiography, a book tha person wrote themselves bout they life......shoot..

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:tell me a dope AUTOBIOGRAPHY to read...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 06:11:21 PM »
Malcolm X's is good.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 07:54:41 PM »
mic foley - have a nice day... a tale of blood an sweatsocks

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 07:56:12 PM »
mic foley - have a nice day... a tale of blood an sweatsocks

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 08:59:22 PM »
Adolf Hitler
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 08:59:40 PM »
get this book: "Monster" by sanyika Shakur
rod - i guarantee you will not put this book down after you pick it up. i finished it in like one day, read it non stop. just about everyone i knew, that i suggested this book to, finished it in one day. EXCELLENT book, especially for an AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0140232257/qid=1075870521//ref=pd_ka_2/002-3132127-7183200?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

on Bing's study of L.A. gangs, Do or Die (1991) featured on its cover an awesomely muscular African-American male, naked to the waist, wearing sunglasses and wielding an automatic weapon. That man was ``Monster'' Kody Scott, who here tells his electrifying life story: an angry, stunningly violent odyssey through gang warfare and prison to redemption. The acknowledgements page reveals Scott's continued wrath: ``Bullet-proof love is extended to Muhammad Abdullah and the Islamic Liberation Army...Teflon bullets are sent to the sell- outs.'' Scott is still fighting, only now for the New Afrikan Independence Movement, dedicated to creating a separate black nation. But, then, the author has always been at war: Drafted at age 11 into a ``set'' of the ``ghastly gang army'' of the L.A. Crips--an army of ``children gone wild in a concrete jungle''--he shot his first man, a rival Blood, that same year, and for the next 15 years led a life spent defending his set by word, fist, and bullet: ``I liked to see the buckshot eat away their clothing, almost like piranha fish.'' Much of Scott's memoir is a horrifying chronicle of gang combat--shootings, betrayals, retaliations (Scott was shot six times in one ambush)--almost tedious in its unrelenting machismo and bloodshed, made palatable mostly by the author's deep knowledge of gang lore. Eventually, jail stints punctuate the street fighting; finally, in 1983, Scott, behind bars, meets a radical Muslim who teaches him that the real battle is with the white oppressors--a lesson that takes hold in the late 80's in Folsom Prison, where, amid outrageous depravity, Scott renounces ``gangsterism'' to embrace his new struggle. Today, Scott, 29, is back in prison, serving seven years for ``a healthy beating'' he gave to an unrepentant crack dealer. A savage document of the street that gives, and asks, no quarter. Anyone who wants to know why L.A. burned will find the chilling answer here. (First printing of 65,000; first serial rights to Esquire) -- Copyright ©1993, Kirkus Associates, LP. All rights reserved. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 09:23:04 PM »
Man, I'd love to, but all the ones I like you wouldn't have the slightest interest in.  It's better for you if you pick somebody you're a fan of, and then read their autobiography.  

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 10:17:46 PM »
well wat I gotta do is BE that person I read about and do a presentation talkin bout 'my' life......as long as tha book aint too complex and stays interesting......I aint trippin who it is.....I waz hella gonna choose that 'monster' book but there's like 12 black fools fightin over it in class already......cant read tha same book.....u kno.....

ay who is that guy in THE HURRICANE movie? that boxer.....wats his real name....hes coo.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 10:46:53 PM »
Ruben Carter is the boxer.

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 10:47:26 PM »
I read the LL Cool J autobiography when I was in 10th grade.  You'd like it, he talks about how he came up, his struggles comin up, and dealing with the fame, and fuckin groupies lol.  

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 05:27:02 AM »
Underboss - Sammy The Bull

Real good book

JTSimon

NeoSoul

• 'G'
  • Minutes To Midnight
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 06:14:27 AM »
ive got Ruben Carter's ... dope read i ve read like seven times its interesting

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Da Doggfather The Life & Times Of Snoop Dogg

man snoops book is really kool talks about days in the lbc when him n warren g were pushin drugs on the streets lots of funny stories. talks about early death row shit n 2pac etc. better than any documentaires i seen on him

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 07:50:36 AM »
"....gotta read an auto bio of someone"

yeah ..... as if u can read  ;D

bez

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 08:10:29 AM »
I dunno if its an autobiography but this book changed my life:

NICKY CRUZ:  RUN BABY RUN

Story about a puto Rican kid who moves to new York.  He ends up joining a gang called the Mau Maus and getting into loads of shit.  Great book.