Author Topic: Nigger or Prophet. Savage or Prophet.  (Read 204 times)

infinite59

Nigger or Prophet. Savage or Prophet.
« on: May 30, 2002, 05:20:20 PM »
You are a slave.  You have never known freedom, your family has never known freedom, life to you is hell at the hands of your oppressor.  Then one night, some 200 other slaves come to your doorstep, and the leader of the group, Nat Turner says to you, "I have come to free you, save you, I am your savior, I am the re-birth of Jesus Christ, join with us in this revolution against our oppressive slavemasters, so our people can be free."  Is he who he says he is?  Or is he a nigger like his slave master says he is?

You are a Native American.  You have lived in peace and harmony with your land.  Until one day, the white man decided he was going to murder you and force you off your land.  You are disorganized amongst tribes.  Until one day, Chief Techumse, the Prophet, comes to you and says he has recieved a message from God, and that you are to unite forces, and defend your land and right of worship against your oppressors.  Is he a savage?  Or is he a prophet?

Elijah Muhammad is in his home, he is the leader of the Nation of Islam, the prophet, the re-birth of Muhammad.  He is believed by 30,000 Black Muslims to be the Prophet, the Honorable Elijah Muhammad.  He walks across the street to his white nieghbor, to them he is just another nigger.  So is he a prophet?  Or just another nigger?

What makes their situations any different from the figures in the Bible, Qu'ran, and other Holy Books?

My view is consistent with Islam.  That these figures and more were all bible-like figures and prophets.  These figures are humans like you and I, they are not gods, they are all under the umbrella of One God, The Creator, Allah the Allmighty, there is no like unto him.  He is their creator, and they live within his creation.  Carrying out the will of the all-encompassing Allah.  

infinite59

Re: Nigger or Prophet. Savage or Prophet.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 05:29:01 PM »
Remember figures in the Bible were not perfect.  Soloman had some 100 wifes.  Noah was a drunk, etc.

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 05:33:02 PM »
i see where your comin from and how you thought that up, yeah actually to be honest ive thought of this whole concept and all before, like i mean back then they didnt believe muhammad or jesus was a prophet, so what if there is one now and we dont believe....so yes i think they would be prophets if there was somethin new released by God, and i would cop it fo sho cause God always drops classics. peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 09:15:04 PM »
LOL ^^^ I don't see you running out to read the book of Mormon, and that's had 100 million printings, LOL.

Good question Infinite, but I dunno the answer.  I don't know how you tell a fake prophet from a real prophet, You can pray about it, but sometimes you won't recognize the answer.  At the end of the book of mormon, there is a promise by Moroni, the last prophet in the book of mormon (he was the last nephite)... He says that if you read the book of mormon,a nd pray about it, and ask god with a sincere desire to know if the prophets in the book are true prophets, he'll answer you with a big yes.  And then, when people are taking discussions to join the church, they're told the same thing, pray with a sincere desire for truth, and god will tell you Joseph Smith was his prophet, and the book of mormon is true.  So, I guess the only way to know the difference is to pray, because then you'll feel it.

Of course, latter day saints believe there are many prophets, so someone doesn't have to be a latter day saint or a christian to be a prophet of god.  So, elijah, Muhammad, Chief Tec, and Nat Turner could have all been prophets, I just don't have enough knowledge of them to know.  I'd say Muhammad was, because I know a little about him.  

ToNe1904

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 01:27:03 AM »
Prophet: one who utters divinely inspired revelations

Seeing as how religion is a belief, and not a fact (a "fact" needing solid proof), then a "Prophet" is whoever u chose him/her to be. A "fake prophet" is whoever u chose him/her to be. If u believe them to be fake...they are fake. If u chose to follow what they say...then they are a Prophet...for u. David Koresh was a "Prophet" to his followers. They believed it. Religion is a belief. Therefore...to his followers, he was real. The only "fake prophet", is the one u chose not to follow.

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2002, 12:05:45 PM »
Prophet: one who utters divinely inspired revelations

Seeing as how religion is a belief, and not a fact (a "fact" needing solid proof), then a "Prophet" is whoever u chose him/her to be. A "fake prophet" is whoever u chose him/her to be. If u believe them to be fake...they are fake. If u chose to follow what they say...then they are a Prophet...for u. David Koresh was a "Prophet" to his followers. They believed it. Religion is a belief. Therefore...to his followers, he was real. The only "fake prophet", is the one u chose not to follow.

Word.  Good point.