Author Topic: Beastie Boys to release new album  (Read 849 times)

Don Seer

Beastie Boys to release new album
« on: February 04, 2004, 03:44:35 AM »
The Beastie Boys say they will release their first studio album for five years this summer.

Adam Yauch and Mike D said the follow up to 1998's Hello Nasty would be "all hip-hop".

But Mike D told the BBC: "This record is all hip-hop. We've been working for a little while in a secret location, but there's light at the end of the tunnel and we're mixing now so its almost complete.

"The record that we're making is like a hip-hop record, but that doesn't mean we're only checking for hip-hop right now. Everything we like, that's cool, is going to enter the arena."

Mike D said they were recording the album in their home town of New York but said it had a British influence too.

"We actually have a British song on our album," he said. "You're gonna have to wait and see - just leave it at that. We'll unleash it on you, but it's a very British-centric - whatever you'd call it - type of song."

from http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_862488.html?menu=news.latestheadlines

Trauma-san

Re: Beastie Boys to release new album
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 06:23:27 AM »
Well, then get ready for an album representing what Hip-Hop was meant to be about.  At least nobody will die on this album, and there probably won't be any drug references.  Nobody's woman is going to get called a bitch, and we won't need anybody to sign up and shake their ass in the music video.  The beats will be creative, and the songs won't be sexually explicit to the point of rendering them questionable for a SuperBowl halftime show.  

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 08:38:25 AM »
Well, then get ready for an album representing what Hip-Hop was meant to be about.  At least nobody will die on this album, and there probably won't be any drug references.  Nobody's woman is going to get called a bitch, and we won't need anybody to sign up and shake their ass in the music video.  The beats will be creative, and the songs won't be sexually explicit to the point of rendering them questionable for a SuperBowl halftime show.  

lol....it's so true it disgusts me....

Nightfall

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 09:59:34 AM »

i agree, its nothing special tho, tons of artists release that kind of music, still do, some are just too lazy to check them out

the beasties are dope tho, cant wait for their album

Bomb-A®

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 09:59:55 AM »
good news.
something different for a change

peace

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 01:02:18 PM »
Beastie Boys have been one of my favorite groups for many years. Licensed To Ill, Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication, Hello Nasty....That's real hip-hop IMO. I can't wait for this album.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 03:26:12 PM »
I still say as far as just straight up hip-hop, not much pony's up to "Paul Revere" that shit is just HARD, lol.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 07:46:03 PM »
I still say as far as just straight up hip-hop, not much pony's up to "Paul Revere" that shit is just HARD, lol.  

One of my favorite songs of all time.

Another fave has to be Get It Together w/ Q-Tip

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Nightfall

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 08:05:39 AM »

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 05:42:27 PM »
I used to know this blonde girl named Rachel back in the day, I had never heard any of the newer Beastie Boys stuff, just License to Ill... she was really funny and smart, and at school one day they put on Ill Communication and she was dancing and rapping all the parts to "Get It Together" that was so funny.  I've been a big fan ever since.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 07:37:53 PM »
good news.
something different for a change

peace

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 09:21:14 PM »
That track they released a little while ago was just plain WACK....

I have high hoped for this album tho.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 04:09:10 AM »

yeah, that's what alot of hiphop ain't like, but there's more artists than the Beastie Boys who do it like that. I never really got into them but i might check this out too