Author Topic: India/Pakistan  (Read 416 times)

The Big Bad Ass

India/Pakistan
« on: May 30, 2002, 11:10:07 AM »
I've been reading some stuff about this shit the last couple of days. Can anyone drop some info as to why there is so much bad blood? All I could find out was that they have over a million troops massed at their boarders. The US is preparing to evacuate the US citizens that are in India and Pakistan, so that would lead me to belive it is more serious than the media is leading on. What do you all know about this? I know they both have Nukes. Hopin they dont' have enough to fuck up the earth. Shit, I hope they don't have enough to fuck up each other completely. I'm tired of seeing death all the time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: India/Pakistan
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 04:22:18 PM »
basically, in 1947 India was partitioned into 2 countries,

Hindu India

and

Muslim Pakistan

Kashmir is a state in the northern part of India
it is a majority muslim state and wanted to part of Pakistan, but the Governer of Kashmir at the time was Hindu so he had Kashmir join India

Pakistan as well as the UN calls for a plesbicite in Kashmir, a vote by the people: India or Pakistan

India, a self professed democracy, refuses to allow a vote to take place, knowing full well that Kashmiris would vote to join Pakistan

2 of the 3 wars between India and Pakistan has been fought over Kashmir

Since the late 80s there has been a violent uprising in Kashmir against Indian rule,

30,000 have been killed since then

Pakistan must realize it will never rest Kashmir away thru military means

while India must realize its military occupation doesnt give it legitimacy

My 0.2 mixed with some facts
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 07:25:38 PM »
Thanks man.

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 07:45:37 PM »
basically, in 1947 India was partitioned into 2 countries,

Hindu India

and

Muslim Pakistan

Kashmir is a state in the northern part of India
it is a majority muslim state and wanted to part of Pakistan, but the Governer of Kashmir at the time was Hindu so he had Kashmir join India

Pakistan as well as the UN calls for a plesbicite in Kashmir, a vote by the people: India or Pakistan

India, a self professed democracy, refuses to allow a vote to take place, knowing full well that Kashmiris would vote to join Pakistan

2 of the 3 wars between India and Pakistan has been fought over Kashmir

Since the late 80s there has been a violent uprising in Kashmir against Indian rule,

30,000 have been killed since then

Pakistan must realize it will never rest Kashmir away thru military means

while India must realize its military occupation doesnt give it legitimacy

My 0.2 mixed with some facts

YO.... another great post from Tech, I wish I had all the knowledge you did homie, on what is really happening in this world, num sayin... I mean, our knowledge is "sheltered" compared to yours.

Yo.  I don't know much about the situation.  However, judging from what you said, maybe Pakistan isn't wrong in seeing violence as their only avenue towards justice.  It sounds like they are being illegally occupied, and that the people's demands are going unrepresented.  Isn't that what caused America to revolt against the British?

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2002, 09:20:50 PM »
Yea, this is gonna be a bad situation over there.  I'm just glad america is friendly with pakistan and india both, haha.  

Joachim

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 12:00:44 AM »
Have y'all seen how their military forces match up? Bad bad situation, Musharraf and Vajpayie gotta chill, its a lose/lose situation out there...

China are trying to take their nukes from them though, but its unlikely either side will give all their warheads, if any  :-/

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 02:20:39 AM »
They'll never give up all of them, even if they say they do.  Man, Honestly, like I said, this is going to be REALLY BAD.  And I don't think they'll be a peaceful resolution to it... In the 70's, George Harrison and Led Zeppelin were always talking about the problems in Kashmir, looks like nothings changed.  

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 07:57:01 AM »
.  Honestly, like I said, this is going to be REALLY BAD.  

word,  there predicting 11-17 million deaths in tha 1st week alone