Author Topic: My Church is my Home  (Read 155 times)

MidnightPills

My Church is my Home
« on: May 30, 2002, 10:54:01 PM »
I am a little surpise at the attention the Catholic church has been getting. For the past couple of months people throughout our nation has been talking down on the catholic church.. even condeming the church for the acts that certain individuals took.
I have always felt a strong love for my faith and church... and continue to stay loyal to what the catholic church teaches us about humanities. I honestly feel in my heart that this did not happen in the catholic church but too the catholic church. The actions of others cause pain for us all and now the catholic church is being ridiculed for the sad actions of others.  

That is just some of the hurt i am feeling as a Catholic... thanks

~Pink~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ToNe1904

Re: My Church is my Home
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 01:41:09 AM »
The actions of a member of a certain group...ALWAYS reflects on the group as a whole though. Not to say it makes it right, but u know thats how it is. If u have 6 friends who u always chill with...and 2 are actin like hoes, people assume that the whole group is the same. yah know?! Itz always like that. I think tha only "negativity" that is being aimed at the Catholic Church...isnt because of the "actions" of one or a few people. Its the idea that the Catholic church might KNOW that these type of things have been going on...and r turning the other shoulder. Theres been talk of these type of crimes happening for decades, and the church has always sort of avoided any type of real investigations to keep away any negative publicity. Which is why now, its becoming such a big deal in the news. Anyone who thinks everyone involved in the Catholic Church is to blame, is obviously confused. All im saying is, a few idiots actions reflect negatively on a whole group (even if its wrong). If u want proof of it, just peep the negative way Muslims are portrayed in America. Of course theyre not all bad people...only a SMALL handful are (just like any other group), but theres ALOT of people who cant seperate terrorists from Muslims. At least not everyone thinks that all Priests are child molestors.

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: My Church is my Home
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2002, 01:46:52 AM »
The actions of a member of a certain group...ALWAYS reflects on the group as a whole though. Not to say it makes it right, but u know thats how it is. If u have 6 friends who u always chill with...and 2 are actin like hoes, people assume that the whole group is the same. yah know?! Itz always like that. I think tha only "negativity" that is being aimed at the Catholic Church...isnt because of the "actions" of one or a few people. Its the idea that the Catholic church might KNOW that these type of things have been going on...and r turning the other shoulder. Theres been talk of these type of crimes happening for decades, and the church has always sort of avoided any type of real investigations to keep away any negative publicity. Which is why now, its becoming such a big deal in the news. Anyone who thinks everyone involved in the Catholic Church is to blame, is obviously confused. All im saying is, a few idiots actions reflect negatively on a whole group (even if its wrong). If u want proof of it, just peep the negative way Muslims are portrayed in America. Of course theyre not all bad people...only a SMALL handful are (just like any other group), but theres ALOT of people who cant seperate terrorists from Muslims. At least not everyone thinks that all Priests are child molestors.

WORD! Sad, but very true.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.