Author Topic: Bush wanted to stop over time pay  (Read 266 times)

LuvMilkshakes

Re:Bush wanted to stop over time pay
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 12:14:11 AM »
What a sorry existANCE (spelled wrong just for you)

Don't you have a life Jamal?

What does me exposing your ignorance have to do with me having or not having a life?

dexter

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 07:13:31 AM »
OT should be time and a 1/4 not 1/2.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »
You want the history on Overtime Pay. Many years ago, before 1938, United States workers were taken advantage of. For years, companies, factories, and whoever employed people, used to keep their workers for long hours, and paid them very little. Kind of like what they do now in 3rd World nations with sweatshops. Workers were afraid to compain, for fear of getting fired, since workers wanted to spend time with their families, but would then lose their job to someone who would work more hours, and at a cheaper rate. So workers got together and formed Unions. they went on strike to gain many workers rights you see today, and over the years gained things like Overtime Pay, Workman's Comp, Health Benefits, Min. Wage and the rights to a safe working environment. This is not something that's negotiable. This is what American workers fought for, and won. Frankin D. Roosevelt took huge steps in 1938, and signed off Overtime Pay at time and a half. Right now, anyone that makes over $8,000 a year gets overtime pay. The White House wants to increase that to $22,000 so that you need to make $22,000 to get overtime pay, but then over 8,000,000 people would lose their Overtime Pay benefits. That's a huge increase in who doesn't get paid. Overtime Pay is one of the key parts of workers rights that was fought for for many years. The Workers of American past have voiced their opinions, and they fought for their rights. Now the White House wants to take that away, and yet no one knows. This should be huge. Conservatives don't want people knowing, because it would hurt their whole Passionate Conservative deal. Unions though do want people to know, because they are trying to protect workers rights. Even though unions now are highly unpopular, and are not as strong as they used to be, they still serve their purpose, and help expose when workers are being wronged. Time and a quarter has never been, workers fought for time and a half. That's the way it should stay.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2004, 03:29:57 PM »
people like my parents and people around here depend on overtime pay..only the selfish rich faggots would wanna take away what little blue coller workers work hard for. They should be put in a hole and executed.