Author Topic: Why Is Jerusalem EVERYONES Capital?  (Read 243 times)

.:R-E-L:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R-E-L...comin w/ that punk rap!  
Why Is Jerusalem EVERYONES Capital?
« on: May 18, 2002, 08:05:19 PM »
I kno Jerusalem is a religious capital 4 Jews, Christians & Muslims....

But why is it that when Jews pray, they pray 2 jerusalem, musilms pray towards Mecca, and im not sure in what direction Christians pray to...

Im also aware that Muslims believe The Prophet Muhammed, rose to heaven from Jerusalem, but in actually he was never in Jerusalem

So y r jews being kicked out of their number 1 territory??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Straight Outta Muthafuckin So. Kaliforn-i-a
909 805 310 323 213 818 661 949 714 609 415 619 562

Tha_Reverend

Re: Why Is Jerusalem EVERYONES Capital?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 08:13:32 PM »
Yo homie, Christans pray to tha sky.  That's where  tha throne of tha all mighty God is.

PEACE  

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 02:07:05 AM »
Dude, really, the only answer for sure is that God made it that way.  The city's involved in so many religions, because all religion is a variation of the true religion of god.  So no matter which one you think is the correct religion, they all feature Jerusalem, because Jerusalem truly is the city of the lord.

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 03:06:08 AM »
I kno Jerusalem is a religious capital 4 Jews, Christians & Muslims....

But why is it that when Jews pray, they pray 2 jerusalem, musilms pray towards Mecca, and im not sure in what direction Christians pray to...

Im also aware that Muslims believe The Prophet Muhammed, rose to heaven from Jerusalem, but in actually he was never in Jerusalem

So y r jews being kicked out of their number 1 territory??

Islamic Science would teach, through soundly established knowledge; That Muhammad rose to heaven in Jereusalam, some take this literally while other Muslims believe this to be a spiritual metaphor; like the Holy Grail and Noah's Ark, used to teach us valuable lessons of the metaphysical world, and not pertinent in the physical realm.

Under the direct orders of the Pharoah, the infidels of Mecca persecuted the early followers of Islam, murdered and maimed their community, and sent them into exile before their body even had a second to cool.  Severely outnumbered, they regrouped in Mecca, and prepared to do battle against their oppressors.  The Muslims won their homeland of Mecca back, and declaired it to forever be the Holy City of Islam.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2002, 06:20:20 AM »

Islamic Science would teach, through soundly established knowledge; That Muhammad rose to heaven in Jereusalam, some take this literally while other Muslims believe this to be a spiritual metaphor; like the Holy Grail and Noah's Ark, used to teach us valuable lessons of the metaphysical world, and not pertinent in the physical realm.

Under the direct orders of the Pharoah, the infidels of Mecca persecuted the early followers of Islam, murdered and maimed their community, and sent them into exile before their body even had a second to cool.  Severely outnumbered, they regrouped in Mecca, and prepared to do battle against their oppressors.  The Muslims won their homeland of Mecca back, and declaired it to forever be the Holy City of Islam.

You mean they regrouped in Medina, not Mecca, they were exiled from Mecca, regrouped in Medina, and then took Mecca back over, I think you just made a typo or something, it's all good though, I agree that the Muhammad ascending to heaven thing may have been a spiritual metaphor, but we do need to understand that God can work outside of mother natures plan.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2002, 06:24:42 AM »
Yo homie, Christans pray to tha sky.  That's where  tha throne of tha all mighty God is.

PEACE  

christians pray towards the front of the church.

church's generally follow a cross formation.

churches are oriented with the smaller 'cross' part facing north/south

therefore christians pray facing east.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2002, 06:50:57 AM »
Latter Day Saints (Me :) ) Don't use crosses in any of our stuff.  We feel it's like putting a picture of my dad laying dead in his coffin to remember him by, to use a picture of a cross, or a crucifix.  We also don't put any pictures in the chapel, because people should be praying to god, not a picture of what we think god or his son looks like.  Also, we pray several times daily, not just in church, so we don't always pray to the east, or whatever.  Usually, when we pray, we have our arms folded over our chest, and our head bowed.  Our church pews aren't even arranged in a cross formation,either, there's 2 aisles, LOL.  Also, no reverend or anything leads the congregation, all the talks/etc. are given by the congregation, and any priesthood leader in attendance (me, whoever) can bless and pass the sacrament.  

I know you've got some bad info about christians, we're nothin' like that, though, dogg.  Just thought I'd let you know; we don't pray to the 'front', our church may or may not be aligned north/south, there's no crosses represented in our church, etc. etc.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2002, 01:47:38 PM »
Latter Day Saints (Me :) ) Don't use crosses in any of our stuff.  We feel it's like putting a picture of my dad laying dead in his coffin to remember him by, to use a picture of a cross, or a crucifix.  We also don't put any pictures in the chapel, because people should be praying to god, not a picture of what we think god or his son looks like.  Also, we pray several times daily, not just in church, so we don't always pray to the east, or whatever.  Usually, when we pray, we have our arms folded over our chest, and our head bowed.  Our church pews aren't even arranged in a cross formation,either, there's 2 aisles, LOL.  Also, no reverend or anything leads the congregation, all the talks/etc. are given by the congregation, and any priesthood leader in attendance (me, whoever) can bless and pass the sacrament.  

I know you've got some bad info about christians, we're nothin' like that, though, dogg.  Just thought I'd let you know; we don't pray to the 'front', our church may or may not be aligned north/south, there's no crosses represented in our church, etc. etc.

I like that....if i ever had to be a christian id probably chose that sect your in trauma cause a lot of is alike to islam or its just that it isnt as strict and it makes more sense than catholicism(i cant spell). not saying that i am gonna but just pointin it out that i like a lot of the things that yall do better than other sects of christianity

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2002, 02:05:17 PM »

I like that....if i ever had to be a christian id probably chose that sect your in trauma cause a lot of is alike to islam or its just that it isnt as strict and it makes more sense than catholicism(i cant spell). not saying that i am gonna but just pointin it out that i like a lot of the things that yall do better than other sects of christianity

With respect, I don't think that you know an awful lot about the subject of different sects of Christianity.  

For instance, what do they do better?  

Oh BTW you can spell ;D

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2002, 02:08:52 PM »

With respect, I don't think that you know an awful lot about the subject of different sects of Christianity.  

For instance, what do they do better?  

Oh BTW you can spell ;D

your right, i dont know much, but im just speakin on what i do know

lol thanx i thought i couldnt

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2002, 11:09:34 AM »

One reason why the Latter Day Saints are my favorite form of Christianity is that they have a more modern prophet which brings things more up to date, kind of like Elijah Muhammad breathed new life into Islam in America.