Author Topic: Trauma reviews the Grammys  (Read 600 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re:Trauma reviews the Grammys
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2004, 12:14:14 PM »
Man, I didn't catch the Grammies but from the sounds of things 50 pulled a really disrespectful move and I lost some respect for him after hearing that. I didn't see what he did but come on man, you lost an award - deal with it. I'm sure he's got enough anyway...and this is coming from a 50 Cent fan.

lol, how did the audience react when 50 stood up and walked to the podium. Did anyone even notice (or care)  ???
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2004, 12:57:08 PM »
Ive Lost What Little Respect I Had For 50 Now

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2004, 01:06:27 PM »
Now I wish I would have watched it to see that Outkast/Earth Wind & Fire/Funkadelic performance.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2004, 01:41:02 PM »
i thought the grammy's were pretty damn tight

one you guys forgot

metallica -best metal performance  8)

been in the biz for 22 years and are still kicking ass

50 cent in honesty should have won the award. afterall they judge best new artist as overall impact in the idustry , talent, and album quality. i mean shit who was more impactful than 50? 50 is far more talented than evenessance (trust me rock fans don't even like this band), and his album quality was far better.  BBUUUUUUT i agree with trauma. he didn't need to run up on stage and pout like that . yes it was an upset, and probably the biggest upset since metallica lost to jethro tull , but the whole stunt wasn't acceptable.

christina aguilera ........girl you have a fine body, that's well established, but c'mon girl quit acting like a slut you're not jenna jameson.

outkast. man what the hell did i tell you this album is the album of the year. straight up! i said this the first week it came out and i'm still saying it. in my opinion they were the most deserving of this award in about 15 years good job. also andre gave one of the performances of the year. props for being the first REAL hip hop artists to win album of the year

eminem- 2 grammys , best rap performance, best rap song....dude has won a grammy ever year since his debut. how many can say this? props

worst performance-black eyed peas.......raise your hands if you remember when they use to be a hip hop group. all they are anymore is a dread locked n'sync.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2004, 01:46:17 PM »

outkast. man what the hell did i tell you this album is the album of the year. straight up! i said this the first week it came out and i'm still saying it. in my opinion they were the most deserving of this award in about 15 years good job. also andre gave one of the performances of the year. props for being the first REAL hip hop artists to win album of the year

lol yea man, remember that it was only like 4 people saying this album was dope here on the board?

Diabolical

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2004, 02:02:35 PM »
metallica -best metal performance  8)

been in the biz for 22 years and are still kicking ass

Agree On Both These Points
Been Bumpin Black Album Non Stop Lately

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2004, 03:47:18 PM »
oh yea, Outkast didnt win record of the year....that went to Coldplay with their song "Clocks"

Yeah, i might have misspoke, they won 'album' of the year, and hip hop album of the year.  Record of the year is for a single.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2004, 03:48:10 PM »
Man, I didn't catch the Grammies but from the sounds of things 50 pulled a really disrespectful move and I lost some respect for him after hearing that. I didn't see what he did but come on man, you lost an award - deal with it. I'm sure he's got enough anyway...and this is coming from a 50 Cent fan.

lol, how did the audience react when 50 stood up and walked to the podium. Did anyone even notice (or care)  ???

Everybody just smiled, Evanessence laughed, and said "Thank you, 50.. we'd also like to thank..."

Nobody acted like it was that big of a deal.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2004, 03:48:56 PM »
Now I wish I would have watched it to see that Outkast/Earth Wind & Fire/Funkadelic performance.

The other guy that was with them was just as good, it was amazing.  Robert Randolph, or whatever.  I gotta get his cd.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2004, 03:52:14 PM »
Also notable; Carol King, one of the greatest songwriters of all time was giving the award for best Record (which I just remembered goes to the songwriters of the song), and announced "Lose Yourself" as one of the nominations, and when she read the names, the middle one was "m. mathers"... she went "m. mathers... m... haha, MARSHALL mathers"

So she even knows who Eminem is.  LOL.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2004, 05:01:02 PM »
I take back everything I said about 50.  I just watched the video in the other thread, and he shook their hands when he went on stage.  So actually, that was pretty cool.  I can't hate on him for that.  Even getting on stage, he still shook their hands in front of everybody, so no big deal.  

Tha Crip

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2004, 05:20:56 PM »
LMFAO!!!!......fuck he definately earned the nickname ZOOLANDER dat night......CHUUCH!!!! 8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2004, 07:37:26 PM »
1) coldplay - clocks , is amazing
2) were is the love is good, but black eyed peyes are so fuckin pop, (ex. shut up)
3) 50 got played, so he wanted to put some more atention on himself, he deserved it tho, outkast was good, dont know if it was album of the year, (black album?)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2004, 05:44:32 AM »
here is the video of 50 cent running on stage. doesnt look like he shook their hands imo

http://downloads.hitemup.com/streethop.php?dir=video&filename=50_cent-grammy_walk_by-streethopcom.wmv
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2004, 07:24:29 AM »
Well, he did, but it was kind of like he was walking towards them, they smiled, put their hand out, he patted it, walked past, walked off stage.  So I dunno what his intentions were, I dunno if I wanna crucify him when he might have been going up to say "You beat me".