Author Topic: Kanye West- College Dropout...  (Read 549 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kanye West- College Dropout...
« on: February 09, 2004, 05:34:44 PM »
can someone send me this shit, i wanna hear what all the hype is about

Aim- AlerGizzle

thanks, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Doggystylin

Re:Kanye West- College Dropout...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 05:57:59 PM »
its gonna be in a store near you tomorrow, go hand them a 20, get your change back, and im sure you'll be able to hear it then, that is if you picked up the album before you handed them the 20.  ;)  8)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 06:21:16 PM »
this cd was amazing

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 08:47:05 PM »
Too many skits, too many vocal samples and he's too average of an MC.  Other than that it's actually pretty good.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

teecee

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 09:26:10 PM »
Yo Aler G, i was once a huge skeptic of Kanye's and i usually hte that sped up vocal sample stuff, but Kanyes songs are actually really dope.  Unfortunately, he change the best song (family business) and left off some standouts.  What you need to do is get the advance, and get the official copy, and make your own mix.  

And yo, Kanye is pretty nice on the mic actually, but ore importantly he makes good music (family bus, never let me down ft. jay z, we dont care, etc)

eS El Duque

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 10:56:10 PM »
his lyrics and skillz on the MIC are "eh"...but he's a dope producer. Thats pretty much all you need to have a good album now a days lol

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 11:45:45 AM »
see i'm not a fan of his lyrics and delivery and get tired of his sped up vocal sample easily, so therefor i'm not going to go out and cop this cd, i'd rather download this first to see if it's worth my money, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 01:30:03 PM »
trust me man its definitely worth your money and he doesnt use sped up vocals on every song, for the last couple of tracks they arent even samples including workout plan!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 01:30:43 PM by Dan IZA »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 01:39:58 PM »
i hate it when albums come with no tracklisting on the back. but other than that its good, gotta listen to it some more though, this is my 2nd listen.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 04:02:26 PM »
like teecee said, download both the advance and retail, casue advance has some hot songs not on retail and vise versa, personaly i love this cd, i fuckin hate the skits tho, it give the cd such a childish sounds, his lyrics are ok, his flow is enough, but his coruses and beats keep me listening,

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2004, 10:51:07 PM »
This album is fuckin amazing.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 07:34:32 PM »
The advanced copy was much better than the actual itself...he should stick to being featured on songs and producing beats...

Mikey_Yayo

• Lil Geezy
  • --$$Feel the realness coming from the realest$$--
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 07:36:47 PM »
Its a solid performance, It was a good 17 dollars well spent. I've spent a shitload worse
YBP Entertainment 2004
YBP Online - Coming Soon

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 08:42:19 PM »
I like vocal samples and they are good on this album but it starts to piss me off on here when I find it difficult to hear all the lyrics in a verse when some chick is singing over the MC's vocals.

The skits have to go, it just ruins it for me.  I gotta get a hold of the advance and make a nice 12 track CD (which is what he should have done).
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

PLANT

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2004, 11:15:38 AM »