Author Topic: Muslims aren't permitted to play the Adan but Christians can ring church bells.  (Read 316 times)

infinite59

Jamil Al Amin had a loud speaker and was playing the Adan (Muslim call to prayer) and he got shut down by the cops.  It was playing no louder than the church bells we hear everyday.  In any Muslim country you hear the call to prayer 5 times a day.  Then Muslims file in in close ranks to perform group (jammat) prayer; shoulder to shoulder.  It's 27 times more valuable for men to pray this way in a group.

Since we are not aloud in this country due to religious descrimination to play the adan over the loud speaker, many times we have to yell, or call it out.

Maybe it was prohibited because of the words.  And in that case they have some justification because bells are just bells, but the Adan mentions in Arabic that Allah is the greatest and Muhammad is his prophet and messenger, and urges everyone to heed the call to prayer and success.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Jamil Al Amin? That's H. Rap Brown right?

That's not right. When did this happen? He should have a political protest over this.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

That sucks, he should be allowed to play it if he wants to.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Was it from a guy's house, or was it from a mosque?  If it's from a mosque, I really don't see a problem, but if it was from his house, you can't just go around blaring decibels from your house window, they dont' let christians ring bells at home like that.  If it's from a mosque or something similar though, that's not right.  

infinite59

That's not right. When did this happen? He should have a political protest over this.

He used to play the adan on loudspeakers at his mosque in the inner-city of Atlanta.  Then the cops came and shut it down.  

This was a year or so before he went to prison for a crime he didn't commit.  He's got witnesses that can prove it wasn't him now but they are denying his appeal.  As soon as his appeal goes through he has the proof to free himself.  Shortly after Sept. 11th the government was after popular Muslim imams for anything they could get them on.  

Actually, there was an article in the Source magazine about the incident.  I read it back when I was non-Muslim.  They also had another article about him being a political prisoner in 2001.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 05:58:27 AM by Ibrahim Islam »

smerlus

oh well, it's messed up but you have a choice....grin and bare it or move

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

He used to play the adan on loudspeakers at his mosque in the inner-city of Atlanta.  Then the cops came and shut it down.  

This was a year or so before he went to prison for a crime he didn't commit.  He's got witnesses that can prove it wasn't him now but they are denying his appeal.  As soon as his appeal goes through he has the proof to free himself.  Shortly after Sept. 11th the government was after popular Muslim imams for anything they could get them on.  

Actually, there was an article in the Source magazine about the incident.  I read it back when I was non-Muslim.  They also had another article about him being a political prisoner in 2001.

infinite stop making yourself and your lil religion the helpless victims. there's parts of the country where church bells arn't aloud to ring , or have limits to how big they can be......like dude said above me, grin and bare it or move on. it's called noise laws.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Eazy-E RuthlessG

ahahah fuckin arabs man they dont deserve to play that their beliefs are fake and i could give a mad ass fuck

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
ahahah fuckin arabs man they dont deserve to play that their beliefs are fake and i could give a mad ass fuck

lol
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

It has nothing to do with Arabs.  The guy we are talking about, Jamil Al Amin, is an African American who converted to Islam.  His communities are predominately made up of African American converts.  The Muslims who posted in this thread aren't Arab.  Lincoln and I are white American converts, and Tech is from Afganistan.  Arabs only make up 13% of the Muslim population.  The biggest Muslim countries, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria are all non-Arab.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 08:27:39 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

Doggystylin

infinite dont even bother replying to that dood, hes seriously like 12 or 11 and rides the short bus to school

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Muslims aren't permitted to play the Adan but Christians can ring church bel
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 06:50:36 PM »

It has nothing to do with Arabs.  The guy we are talking about, Jamil Al Amin, is an African American who converted to Islam.  His communities are predominately made up of African American converts.  The Muslims who posted in this thread aren't Arab.  Lincoln and I are white American converts, and Tech is from Afganistan.  Arabs only make up 13% of the Muslim population.  The biggest Muslim countries, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria are all non-Arab.

Well said. Except that I am Canadian, not American. ;)

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 06:51:04 PM »
infinite dont even bother replying to that dood, hes seriously like 12 or 11 and rides the short bus to school

Well put.

Paris

Diabolical

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 12:18:10 PM »
Some People?

Eazy-E RuthlessG

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 03:46:55 PM »
i could give a mad ass fuck what u say

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 06:11:26 AM »
i could give a mad ass fuck what u say
Then ignore his reply.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..