Author Topic: The FINAL DubCC Top 100 West Coast Songs of all time  (Read 6629 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re:The FINAL DubCC Top 100 West Coast Songs of all time
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2004, 05:10:15 PM »
It's funny how some people call him the "best lyricist in hip-hop", the "westcoast's best MC" and state that Soul On Ice is a classic but they don't even get him one song in the top 100.

Thing is, he had some songs nominated on there, but he has had a lot songs, and everybody voted for different songs from him so nothin went to the top 100. He had seven songs nominated. Golden Child woulda been about 102.

ez8o5

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2004, 09:01:12 PM »
i'm suprised that "gettin it" is more rememberd than shorts earlier work and "hand on the pump" has been my favorite cypress hill song for years i'm glad alota people agree on that song, i'm also shocked that "behind the walls" didnt make the list

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2004, 12:24:08 AM »
i'm suprised that "gettin it" is more rememberd than shorts earlier work and "hand on the pump" has been my favorite cypress hill song for years i'm glad alota people agree on that song, i'm also shocked that "behind the walls" didnt make the list

Behind the walls wasn't even nominated. I think "Gettin it" was remembered because it is one of his biggest radio hits, and many people from this board weren't really into Too Short when he first came out, I kno I didn't get into rap til 93 and Gettin it was the first big song that I remember him havin.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2004, 11:03:34 AM »
Damn, I think i just forgot about Ras. There's just way too many artists, u just forget about sum of them or sum songs u actually consider classics

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2004, 02:55:14 PM »
Damn, I think i just forgot about Ras. There's just way too many artists, u just forget about sum of them or sum songs u actually consider classics

Also, I think Ras is better than what his songs may show him to be if u get what I am sayin.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2004, 09:08:46 AM »

Also, I think Ras is better than what his songs may show him to be if u get what I am sayin.

word. "Soul On Ice" was a great album, but he got more potential. I think I did put "Goldyn Child" sumwhere but I forgot about "Nature Of The Threat" and other than those i don't think there's many Ras songs in my top 100 even tho he's one of the west's dopest

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2004, 11:23:41 AM »
Some surprisin stuff over there.But props for u man for doing this shit.

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2004, 05:21:47 AM »
The list is cool, but still missing ALOT of songs, I think its funny how songs such as "Pistol Grip Pump" and others (which may seem a little biased, so I won't mention them  ;D) didn't make your list. The thing about a FINAL list is that the West is still making music and will continue to do so to make something final is a bit pre-mature. I think that alot of Bay area songs should of been included. I think maybe top 100 songs every 5 years would of been better, but list like these always have a large margin of error, because it's hard to really to be open and non objective.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2004, 07:41:40 AM »
The list is cool, but still missing ALOT of songs, I think its funny how songs such as "Pistol Grip Pump" and others (which may seem a little biased, so I won't mention them  ;D) didn't make your list. The thing about a FINAL list is that the West is still making music and will continue to do so to make something final is a bit pre-mature. I think that alot of Bay area songs should of been included. I think maybe top 100 songs every 5 years would of been better, but list like these always have a large margin of error, because it's hard to really to be open and non objective.

I had voted for Pistol grip pump but it didn't crack the 100. The list woulda been a lot better if more people had voted. I mean there will never be a final, or correct list, but this is the final for right now. And yeah, you can't do a list like this but every few years, unless u just update the one u have, and I am not going to do that anytime soon.
Also, a few people said Bay Area songs shoulda been included, but there weren't many people who voted for the same songs. There were a LOOOOT of Bay Area songs nominated that didn't hit the list because only one or two people voted for em. And also, not enough people voted period, and some of the people sayin that this and that shoulda been on the list, didn't vote.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2004, 04:07:01 PM »
Major props homy. This brings back some great memories. Some surprises to me were that Jayo Felony's "Sherm Stick" was #47, so many Quik songs, and that not one Ras Kass trac made it. Unless you count "3 Card Molly". Where's "Ghetto Fabolous" ?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2004, 01:40:37 AM »
Major props man :)

KavorkianPorkian

• 'G'
  • Too Cute
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2004, 01:56:35 PM »
Nature Of The Threat By Ras Kass
Strap On The Side by Spice 1
Murder Show by Spice 1 Featuring MC Eiht
Lifes A Bitch by Mac Dre

Damb You Guys Left Out A lot!!!!

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2004, 12:36:40 PM »

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Ynot

• Lil Geezy
  • Westsyde!!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2004, 08:23:12 PM »
next time there is a list i'ma go door to door to everybody's house on behalf of wcc and make sure people vote. people is critizin the list and didn't even vote, if more people voted the more fair the list would be 8)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2004, 11:51:33 AM »

I agree. He never really had great beats. Another thing is that Ras' songs aren't really "bumpable" if you know what I mean. The classics such as "Nothin' But A G Thang", "California Love", etc. can be heard in clubs, parties, rides, and so on. Ras songs ain't. That's why I'm a lil' surprised "Ghetto Fabulous" wasn't nominated.