Author Topic: The FINAL DubCC Top 100 West Coast Songs of all time  (Read 6623 times)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:The FINAL DubCC Top 100 West Coast Songs of all time
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2004, 01:05:41 PM »
I very well could be blind or missed it, but where the hell is Ras Kass' "Nature Of The Threat"?

And is The D.O.C.'s "The Grand Finale" not there too?  Damn, what are you guys doing?
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 01:34:47 PM »
I very well could be blind or missed it, but where the hell is Ras Kass' "Nature Of The Threat"?

And is The D.O.C.'s "The Grand Finale" not there too?  Damn, what are you guys doing?

Grand Finale got about one vote. Nature of the threat got one or two.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 01:41:44 PM »
word...nice work....how many points did the top song have and how many points did the 100th song have?
just curious...

1. Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg - Nuthin But A G Thang - 561
2. Warren G - Regulate - 446
3. 2Pac feat. Dre - California Love - 418
4. Snoop Dogg - Gin and Juice - 286
5. Westside Connection - Bow Down - 286
6. Luniz - I got Five on it (remix) - 279
7. Snoop Dogg - Who am I - 279
8. DJ Quik - Dollaz and sense - 220
9. DJ Quik - Tonite - 219
10. Ice Cube - It was a Good Day - 210

96. Ice Cube - Check yo self - 28
97. Ice Cube - Ghetto Vet    28
98. Tha Liks - DAAAM!    28
99. Xzibit – Chamber Music    28
100. Eazy-E - Eazy-Duz-It    27

As I had said, the ratings system made it to where past 30, a lot of the scores were extremely close and coulda went any way with a lotta songs. #50 had 52 points.

Game Warden

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 10:07:55 PM »
I like all those songs,but why is the majority L.A. rappers?

I got love for Cube and D/J Quik,but I think THE BAY AREA has more classics over-all,in my opinoin.

Maybe this list should be re-edited.

*knoCKs RBL POSSE - BLUE BIRD*

8)
X-Raided's a veteran in this nor cali rap field/Decapitatin motherfuckers wit this lyrical sword I wield/Medieval on that ass/chop off your tongue/pull out your teeth/Youll never rap again/fuck up your voice/like D-O-C/Cause X-Raided dont play no games/But them deadly kinds/Lyrical combatic release the verbal acrobatics from a deadly mind. ~Xraided

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 10:21:52 PM »
I like all those songs,but why is the majority L.A. rappers?

I got love for Cube and D/J Quik,but I think THE BAY AREA has more classics over-all,in my opinoin.

Maybe this list should be re-edited.

*knoCKs RBL POSSE - BLUE BIRD*

8)

I'll admit that I may be somewhat biased because I am from L.A., so I nominated mostly L.A. songs because grew up with em and I like them better. But u must admit L.A. songs nationwide did have a muuuuch greater impact on Hip Hop, and most people who aren't from Northern Cal like L.A. music better. Commercially we did have much more classic.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 10:33:51 PM »
good work man. got to agree with that. the top 20 atleast. the hard work is appreciated.
*props*

peace

Diabolical

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 09:41:30 AM »
Props Man 8)

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 09:49:56 AM »
lots of dre, snoop and pac...
good job

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

Game Warden

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 10:57:58 PM »

I'll admit that I may be somewhat biased because I am from L.A., so I nominated mostly L.A. songs because grew up with em and I like them better. But u must admit L.A. songs nationwide did have a muuuuch greater impact on Hip Hop, and most people who aren't from Northern Cal like L.A. music better. Commercially we did have much more classic.

While I respect your opinoin [ I do love all those songs], I still think you should of included more BAY AREA rap songs like DON'T GIVE ME NO BAMMER WEED,1 LUV,DON'T FIGHT THE FEELIN',NIGGAZ DONE CHANGED.  Also,you hardly got any PysKromento [Sac] sickness rap songs on there. I see like one or two Brotha Lynch Hung songs [which is nice],but you don't have anything there by CBO,XRAIDED [one of the hardest lyricists of all time] or Sixc on there.

Maybe we should split the list into 2 different threads to have a more fair & balance point of view.  One for SO CAL and NOR CAL.

It's up to you [maybe you are an editor here or something],but I'm new around here so I don't know.
X-Raided's a veteran in this nor cali rap field/Decapitatin motherfuckers wit this lyrical sword I wield/Medieval on that ass/chop off your tongue/pull out your teeth/Youll never rap again/fuck up your voice/like D-O-C/Cause X-Raided dont play no games/But them deadly kinds/Lyrical combatic release the verbal acrobatics from a deadly mind. ~Xraided

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2004, 11:50:04 PM »
Am I the only one shocked that "Nature Of The Threat" didn't make it?

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2004, 11:57:51 PM »

While I respect your opinoin [ I do love all those songs], I still think you should of included more BAY AREA rap songs like DON'T GIVE ME NO BAMMER WEED,1 LUV,DON'T FIGHT THE FEELIN',NIGGAZ DONE CHANGED.  Also,you hardly got any PysKromento [Sac] sickness rap songs on there. I see like one or two Brotha Lynch Hung songs [which is nice],but you don't have anything there by CBO,XRAIDED [one of the hardest lyricists of all time] or Sixc on there.

Maybe we should split the list into 2 different threads to have a more fair & balance point of view.  One for SO CAL and NOR CAL.

It's up to you [maybe you are an editor here or something],but I'm new around here so I don't know.

Oh see, thing is I didn't make up the list with songs I like. I nominated songs just as everybody else did, and I gave my songs the same amount of points as what everybody else's got. So it's not like I just put songs on there that I like. The reason it's so much L.A. is because thas what people were nominatin. Also, there were like 500+ songs when I was done, and it was probably 50-100 or more Bay songs that didn't make it. Thing is, L.A. songs were more commercial, and many people voted for the same songs. But for Bay songs, most nominated songs were never big on TV or radio, so people were nominatin a lot of songs that didn't make it.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2004, 11:59:29 PM »

You might be...u gotta remember that many people on this site saw that as an offending song, and even people like me recognize it was lyrically tite adn all, but overall as a song it is not one of my favorites, mainly because of the beat and all.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2004, 12:38:28 PM »
It's funny how some people call him the "best lyricist in hip-hop", the "westcoast's best MC" and state that Soul On Ice is a classic but they don't even get him one song in the top 100.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2004, 12:40:13 PM »

Nope, I'm with you on that one.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2004, 12:48:59 PM »

Nope, I'm with you on that one.

Yeah me too. I nominated it, but obviously not many other people did.