Author Topic: Saw KRS-One speak  (Read 147 times)

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
Saw KRS-One speak
« on: February 09, 2004, 12:39:31 PM »
Yo, on Thursday The Teacher, KRS came to my school to speak.  He talked for a long time about the creation of Hip-Hop.   He mentioned names likes James Brown, Grandmaster Flash, Africa Bambada(spelling?), and Sugar Hill Gang.  He is a very good speaker and a real cool, intelligent guy.  I'm glad I went, but the dude rambled on about a lot of religous stuff where i just got lost (probably cause i was really high.)  

Besides that one kid asked him about what he thought about Eminem using the n word in that unreleased song.  KRS just laughed and said its impossible for Eminem to be a racist. He said he knew Eminem and that  he was a really cool guy. He mentioned 50 cent's name but i dont remember why.

He also kinda made fun of Ja Rule by imitating the "murda" shout, it was pretty funny.  And he didnt say Nelly's name, but referenced to their battle and he basically said hes not a real rapper and that most of the music that comes out today isn't real hip hop.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

N-Sane Brain

Re:Saw KRS-One speak
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 01:01:51 PM »
Dayumn, KRS in my school in Langen, Germany would be hella tight 8) ;D But would be crazy to speak to 10 rap-fans at the most :D

Storm, could you please try to summarize the most important parts of his speech? Because that what you wrote right above isn't really very detailled and informin'...

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 01:02:36 PM »
yeah, my only problem with krs is that he just thinks he knows everything about everything. i seen him at my school once too, and you just kinda sit there hoping that he's going to stop rambling and break out into one of his dope songs...but that never happens and you're just stuck listening to him tell the oh-so-important history of 17-inch dreadlocks on jamaicans.....he talks too much

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 01:07:36 PM »
<---------Jealous.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 01:08:21 PM »
^^ You're probably right on this one, but I think it's better to do something, than to do nothing. He thinks about rap and has alot of knowledge to give the people, and that's better than to do nothing like most of the other artists. KRS is one of the persons in rap I got the most respect for.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 01:18:45 PM »
<---------Jealous.

lol
nah, i just never really got into KRS

Diabolical

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 01:29:15 PM »
<---------Jealous.

lol
nah, i just never really got into KRS

He Meant He Was Jealous. I Think At The 17 INch Dreads lol

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 05:07:03 PM »
Honestly, me and my boys smoked a blunt before we went to see him cause we didnt know if he was performing or just talking so i was really blazed throughout the whole thing.  

When he was talking about the creation of hip hop he talked about this DJ from the Bronx, Kool Herck and he used to spin in the park for all the kids and he would play James Brown hooks and had to keep picking up and dropping the needle which was never done before then.  Then he said how Grandmaster Flash started DJing with some kid and they invented scratching.

Then he said all this stuff about hip hop not just being music, but a lifestyle.

Sorry I cant tell you more, thats when i kinda got lost in his rambling.

Also he said hes dropping in album in 2 or 3 months.

peace
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 05:41:48 AM »
It's so funny how people have KRS ONE speaking at their school and they dont even listen.

"Then he said all this stuff about hip hop not just being music, but a lifestyle. "-Storm

Ever heard of 'Rap is something you do, Hip Hop is something you live.'

The Predator

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 02:07:51 PM »
I never had no Krs come visit my school, just punk ass cops with bullshit speeches :'(