Author Topic: The "Perfect" Race  (Read 388 times)

infinite59

Re: The "Perfect" Race
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2002, 12:16:22 AM »

totally true.. its all a power game *every* race has its 'sporty' people (ok.. blacks do have that 'heel' thing - so white man cant jump is almost true).. but could it just be due to social circumstance for example that there are more black boxers because more blacks box rather than 'because they're harder'.

I'm not exactly sure about the heel thing, I don't know enough about it, I do however have a good friend from Gambia, Africa named Bubacarr, the same cat that introduced me to the mosque in Kansas City, and he always wonders aloud, "Black Americans, why all they care about is music television, and basketball, what will they do if basketball business is not good?"

He tells me his brothers in Africa don't put the same emphasis on sports, they don't even play basketball over there, they don't play much sports period, just soccor, according to Bubbacarr.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

Re: The "Perfect" Race
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2002, 12:20:57 AM »

he always wonders aloud, "Black Americans, why all they care about is music television, and basketball, what will they do if basketball business is not good?"

He tells me his brothers in Africa don't put the same emphasis on sports, they don't even play basketball over there, they don't play much sports period, just soccor, according to Bubbacarr.

i see 2 reasons

1) its an easy ticket to money and fame.
2) they dont do it, maybe because they have to spend more time actually doing things to provide a roof over their heads and food on the table. plus maybe coz bball hasnt spread their yet since its an american invention.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »