Author Topic: Hip Hop Clubs  (Read 158 times)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Hip Hop Clubs
« on: February 13, 2004, 08:04:11 AM »
Do U go to any clubs that play Hip Hop ?
And I dont mean Gay shit like Nelly & Ja Rule

There aint 1 where I live

Don Seer

Re:Hip Hop Clubs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 08:10:29 AM »
Yup.. www.clubether.co.uk run hiphop nights, and dnb, nu skool breaks nights.. i'm normally at the nu skool breakz nights at a club here called cafe mamba since my mates a dj there. we have orbital playing there in a month :)

another mate amanda >> http://www.djandromeda.co.uk a up n coming breaks dj used to play there.. but she's just fallen out with the promoter :(

oohh and they normally have hiphop upstairs on the nu skool nights

the town i live in is pretty alternative.. quite a big underground scene, mainly in dance.. but it aint all cheese here :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 08:13:14 AM by Overseer »

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 08:15:59 AM »
Sounds cool Seer
We have the odd night but then some Shit kicks off.
And U get that Dick head Garage croud
Then someone gets shot or stabbed and the Manager will just pull the plug 4 good.  :(

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 08:25:47 AM »
we've got clubs like that here too :)

when i was at college we used to go to a hiphop night called "funk night" with this guy called dj andy allen.. it was in a tiny lil pub where the bar/dance floor etc was actually underground it always used to be rammed and got real hot.. back then he used to play lots of old school breaksy type stuff till enough people were there, then he played Wu, Dre/Snoop - Deep Cover, Dj Food -Dark Lady.. umm... plus whatever was new.. this was around 94/95/96 so lots of good shit :)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 08:51:46 AM »
www.dashake.be
---> Belgian Hip-Hop club in my area (15 min. drive). 8)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 09:36:45 AM »
The clubs here play pretty much everything from all genres, as long as it's dancable. Rock, Hip-Hop, R&B, dance hall, pop... Most of it is strictly mainstream though, as one could expect. Sometimes there's special events in clubs, like my friend has now organized twice a hip-hop party a this local club with live performances by rap groups & DJ's but usually clubs don't have a very strict theme hey try to follow.

BUT, last night I went to this new place called Två Street Bar (Två is Swedish for 2) for the first time and while you it ain't a dancing place, just a bar, they had dope music. They played a lot of Gangstarr, lots of funky up-tempo soul jams and a selection of hip-hop artists that were and are dope as hell but often go unnoticed in the mainstream (like Gangstarr is). Jome funkier jazz tunes too. No mainstream here - no Jay-Z's or Eminems (although personally I'm a fan of both) or Ja Rules or anything MTV. A real cool place to just hang out & chill - a bit expensive though. But then again I don't go clubbing or bar hopping that often, so I guess it's all good...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 09:42:12 AM by T-Dogg »

West C. Connected

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 10:27:49 AM »
Uhh, you're not one of those "Hip Hop heads" that dances for an hour with a chick but then suddenly immediatly jumps back to a seat when a pop rap/R&B song comes just because you don't like listening to that song, right? :-\

Anyway, when it comes to Hip Hop clubs there probaly aren't THAT much clubs that play no Nelly/Whatever's at #1 songs. But there probaly are some good clubs around that play some okay songs. You live in Australia right? If you live in a big city there are probaly loads, you just need to look around.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »
Uhh, you're not one of those "Hip Hop heads" that dances for an hour with a chick but then suddenly immediatly jumps back to a seat when a pop rap/R&B song comes just because you don't like listening to that song, right? :-\

Thats what I do. Nah just kidding, but if something really terrible comes on I sometimes do that. But that becomes more just the time to go to the bar and get another drink.

West C. Connected

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 11:39:52 AM »

Thats what I do. Nah just kidding, but if something really terrible comes on I sometimes do that. But that becomes more just the time to go to the bar and get another drink.

I basicly don't stop until either a REALLY bad something comes on (which hardly happens) or when I'm tired/thirsty anything.. lol It's real dumb seeing people that dance, then stop, and 20 min later when a good rapper comes they get on it again for 5 min and then go sit again LOL.

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 11:41:45 AM »
^ dances to ja rule  ;D

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 12:05:54 PM »
^ dances to ja rule  ;D
ts
I do if I'm grindin' with a girl or something and I'm feelin it I won't sit down but if the girl starts trippin or I'm just not feelin her then I'll sit down.

-KIDRENEGADE-

West C. Connected

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 01:34:16 PM »
^ dances to ja rule  ;D

WHAT WOULD I BE WITHOUT MY BABAAAAAAAAYYYYY ;D
lol Actually I've been a big Ja Rule hater even before 50 Cent dissed him, damn, even before I knew every "hiphop head" on the internet hated him! :o
I danced to B2K once though. ;D
I was really drunk though..

Suga Foot

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 03:11:39 PM »
Most clubs here play only hip hop.  It would be harder to find a techno club.