Author Topic: Books I recommend.  (Read 175 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Books I recommend.
« on: February 16, 2004, 07:35:07 PM »
Long Walk To Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
Bill Clinton: An American Journey by Nigel Hamilton (helps you understand about Clinton + his adultery)
Malcolm X: The Man Who Changed Black America by Bruce Perry
The Autobiography of Malcolm X As Told To Alex Haley
Malcolm X Talks To Young People: Collection Of Speeches

Recommed books for me and others on the forum relating to politics, religion, etc...

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

Re:Books I recommend.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 07:39:53 PM »
Michael Moore - Downsize This
Michael Moore - Stupid White Men

i've heard Al Franken's "Lies & The Lying Liars Who Tell Them" is good...it was recommended to me by our State Rep, Hans Dunshee...im most likely going to read moore's "Dude, Wheres My Country" and then Franken's book

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 04:48:48 AM »
I say read Chuck Palahniuk ... he's a disgusting genius..

books: Fight Club, Survivor, Invisible Monsters, Choke, Lullaby, Diary
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

West C. Connected

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 06:55:39 AM »
I say read Chuck Palahniuk ... he's a disgusting genius..

books: Fight Club, Survivor, Invisible Monsters, Choke, Lullaby, Diary

Hey, my sis likes him.
I've read Choke, lol, that was funny.
I thought Survivor was boring, but I'm 15 lol, what do you expect.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 09:42:27 AM »
joe bonano, bill bonano autobiographies (joe succeeded Maranzano as boss bonanos from early 30s until the late 60s after lucky luciano had him killed. doesn't goin into the donnie brasco operation as that was after his reign, but it does go into the bombing campaign the fbi orchestrated after his retirement!! and mafia politics etc.) and donnie brasco (about the fbi's infiltration into the bonano family in the mafia which lasted 6 years)

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 11:45:07 AM »
John grisman writes some good shit, the partner is my fav, i wana read them michael moore books

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 07:35:30 AM »
"The Holy Qu'ran"-  An updated version of messages revealed by previous prophets of Allah Moses (Torah) and Jesus (The Bible).  Muslims believe that the Torah and Bible were altered from their origional form for political reasons.  The Qu'ran as it stands in it's origional Arabic narrative; is the last and final, authentic message from Allah to the whole world to be perserved indefinitely.

"Revolution by The Book" by Jamil Al Amin-  Former 1960's Black Panther leader H. Rap Browne endures a spiritual transformation while in prison and is reborn an orthodox Muslim advocating Islam as the only means for political and spiritual success.

"Autobiography of Malcolm X" by Alex Haley-  Documents street hustler Malcolm Little's tranformation into Islamic imam and international human rights leader El-Haj Malik Shabazz

"Soul On Ice" by Eldridge Cleaver- Prison educated, convicted rapist Eldridge Cleaver attempts to explain who he is and why he is.  And through it all shines as one of the most talented and influential writers of the violatile 60's.

"Native Son" by Richard Wright-  Through the fictional character of Bigger Thomas Richard Wright explains the causes and results of social and class injustice.

"The Rose that Grew from Concrete" by 2pac Shakur-  The voice of a generation.  2pac before the fame.

"Makes Me Want to Holler" by Nathan McCall.  Washington post writer Nathan McCall documents his courageous transformation from drugs, violence and prison; to spiritual and intellectual enlightenment.