Author Topic: US Black Christians used to be Muslims in Africa  (Read 404 times)

infinite59

US Black Christians used to be Muslims in Africa
« on: April 24, 2002, 11:55:11 PM »
Black people in the US need to trace their ancestry.  Slaves were taken or bought from West Africa, West Africa is a historically Islamic region of Africa.  Not only that..... but Christian slave owners felt it was their duty to enslave non-Christian blacks and teach them the religion of Christianity, they did not want to enslave fellow Christians.  North Africa, West Africa and East Africa have historically been Islamic civilizations, with South Africa being the exception.  

Unrelated side note-

I will also note that it is South Africa that still suffers from high levels of racial tension, although because of the work of political activists such as Winnie and Nelson Mandela, South Africa has been seperated from their history of aparthied and oppresion at the hands of the tyranical Europeans.

Youngster323

Re: US Black Christians used to be Muslims in Afri
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2002, 04:09:42 PM »
are you saying, black christians should leave their religio to be a Muslim?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 04:15:11 PM »
all africans were naturalists and (i think) voodooist befor they were islamic

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ToNe1904

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 10:26:29 PM »
Black people in the US need to trace their ancestry.  Slaves were taken or bought from West Africa, West Africa is a historically Islamic region of Africa.  Not only that..... but Christian slave owners felt it was their duty to enslave non-Christian blacks and teach them the religion of Christianity, they did not want to enslave fellow Christians.  North Africa, West Africa and East Africa have historically been Islamic civilizations, with South Africa being the exception.  

Unrelated side note-

I will also note that it is South Africa that still suffers from high levels of racial tension, although because of the work of political activists such as Winnie and Nelson Mandela, South Africa has been seperated from their history of aparthied and oppresion at the hands of the tyranical Europeans.

ive often wondered about that myself actually. i mean, everyone choses their religion. but i alwayz wondered how black folkz could be christians seeing as how it was basically forced upon their ancestors, not chosen by them. Not tah knock anybody...its jus kinda crazee to me. Jus like, to think of a Native American person bein christian. But like i said, its they choice...so fukit. It dont hurt no one.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 10:53:55 PM »
Many places weren't originally christian.

From early roman accounts the UK was pagan before they came here.
They built churches over the sacred sites and slowly converted the populace.

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2002, 01:24:15 AM »
are you saying, black christians should leave their religio to be a Muslim?

yes

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2002, 08:14:58 AM »

yes

Orginally my peoples were of Aztec faith. We were conquered and Christanity was forced upon us. I really don't mind because I believe that Jesus is our savior. It is up to the indivual, as some American black people have gone to Muslim, and are trying to gain back their roots. Others have not, so in a sense that argument holds no ground, but as a way to have more Muslim in the world that might not even want to be Muslim. We have the freedom of religion, and we can practice what we want, and if a Black man want to convert to Muslims, he is free to do so. Case and Point
<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ToNe1904

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2002, 11:11:07 AM »

yes

lol @ Infinitez honesty

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2002, 06:11:19 PM »
LOL.  Infinite's white.  And American.  America was founded by christians.  That doesn't mean Infinite should convert back to christianity!  That's what's wrong with his argument.  People can be whatever religion they want, if they want to stay christian, fine, if they want to be muslim, fine, it's everyone's personal inside decision, that can only be answered through prayer, not some political agenda.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2002, 06:15:24 PM »

yes

no
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Doggystylin

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 06:22:20 PM »
LOL.  Infinite's white.  And American.  America was founded by christians.  That doesn't mean Infinite should convert back to christianity!  That's what's wrong with his argument.  People can be whatever religion they want, if they want to stay christian, fine, if they want to be muslim, fine, it's everyone's personal inside decision, that can only be answered through prayer, not some political agenda.

i agree with him there, you shouldnt be forced to be any religion, it should be your own choice

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2002, 06:25:14 PM »

i agree with him there, you shouldnt be forced to be any religion, it should be your own choice

thank you.  And the other side of the argument is "Oh, but the slaves were made christian"... Well, if blacks in america WANT to convert back to muslim, then that's great, go for it.  But don't do it, just because you're mad at whitey, or you didn't originally have the choice.  People MAKE you eat wedding cake... that doesn't mean the wedding cake sucks, and you should never eat it again.  

In Jail, they MAKE you take showers.  That doesn't mean that showers should be wholy rejected, because on the streets you never took them.  Hope you catch my meaning.

techniec

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2002, 06:26:36 PM »
yes, its true that Black americans USED to be muslims, until the white europeans forced christianity upon them so that they could follow Massa's wishes

and yes, its true that you should be free to follow whatever faith u want

so i agree with Trauma and Infinite

but what i believe is that Black americans should AT LEAST show appreciation, look more into Islam, seeing as that it is the religion of their forefathers

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2002, 06:35:18 PM »
I agree.  My religion promotes knowledge, so all religions should be looked into (unless it's one that blatently rejects the truth)... I know about Islam, I know about Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Etc. Etc. Etc. and at first it was a huge ball of confusion.  Through prayer, and through actual experiences, I was honestly led to know I was where I needed to be.  If peeps don't have that same conviction about their religion, then I definately agree they should look around.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2002, 06:55:57 PM »
Yea i agree with Trauma [btw welcome back], So what if the blacks where MADE to convert into christianty, @ that time, if they want, they can convert to Islam, or any other religon they want.  Like, Infinite was christian, but he found peace in Islam, so he converted, on his own will, everyone has a choice, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...