Author Topic: KANYE WEST CONCERT REVIEW 2/12 ANAHEIM AND 2/13 LA  (Read 287 times)

We Fly High

KANYE WEST CONCERT REVIEW 2/12 ANAHEIM AND 2/13 LA
« on: February 14, 2004, 04:24:36 PM »
2/12 anaheim.
this place was at the house of blues, and this was probably the smallest venue ive ever been in for a big name artist. i dont think there was more than like 500 people in the venue and everyone was jam packed...
well he did most of the songs off his new album.. like we dont care, all falls down, jesus walks, never let me down, get em high, workout plan, last call, two words, slow jams, thru the wire..etc. He also went thru a lot of his beats like Get By , Stand up, Lucier, Encore.. he has this guy named John Legend that does the keyboards and like back up vocals.. but this fool is straight up nuts. he's able to vocally duplicate the Lucifer chorus exactly as it is. like in the same tone of voice and all that shit. im not sure who sang the part on jay'zs album, but this guy sounds like he was it. dunno , he was fucking nuts in my opinion.  he did a very good amount of kanyes back up vocals. and then the guy that does the spoken word part in "never let me down" came out and did his part, which was pretty sick. Kanye brought out GLC and Consequence to perform Spaceship, which was way too dope. they performed 03 till infinity which was sick as fuck too. he did a remix of alicia keys you dont know my name, with "i still dont know your name"..also did the "we are champion" track. when they were performing "last call", kanye and GLC were pouring shots of Hypnotiq and Jack daniels for everyone, like at least 30-40 cups. and then as an exit to the show, he mustve signed like a 100 items while he was on stage. like people were just passin up phones, cd covers, purses, etc to get signed. i was prob standing like third row the whole time, so i was able to see him pretty up close.

2/13
this was in a much bigger venue, probably twice the size of house of blues at least. but it can still be considered a small venue. There was an opening act by a band or leader singer named Samantha. Shes a white chick from NYC , and is a DJ, but sings in a rock band that is signed to Roc-a-fella. i found that to be quite amusing.  once again, kanye did most of the selections from his cd.  he also did his rhyme to "stand up". GLC and consequence for spaceship. he brought out syleena johnson? i think thats her name, but he brought out the girl that sings on the "all fall down" song.  and Dame Dash was there the whole time on stage just hypin the crowd. haha he did slow jams twice in a row which was hella sick. haha and then at one part of the show kanye & his manager and dj, all came out and turned around and were showin off their louis vuitton backpacks. haha it was hilarious. Later on in the show, common came up on stage. They started playin the get emhigh beat, and i was like oh shit, theyre performing it again this time with common. but fucking kanye fucks up during his verse or something, and i guess they just stopped the song. and common never got to do his part, which was FUCKING WACK. that woulda been the best song performed during the whole concert. but common just busted out with a bunch of his songs, and did a few freestyles, where he was dissin erykah badu. hahahaha. last time i saw common, he was singing wtih erykah (in my avatar).. kanye also brought out this nerdy little white kid and said "this was the first guy that ever believed in me". the kid looked like he was 14 or some shit. but yeah, pretty much the majority coverage of the show. might've missed a few things.

damn SGV my bad i didnt hit you up. i was going to get your info from the internet on friday, but i never got a chance to have access to internet when i was chill in in LA. but yeah, you should put up your review too. see if i missed anything.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 04:26:14 AM by justin718 »

MANBEARPIG.

Re:Wrap up & review of Kanye's Concert in Anaheim 2/12 and LA 2/13
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 06:00:48 PM »
Damn that sounds tight.

That white girl is  this one DJ's sister, I saw her on MTV you here it first, I forget her name at the moment but I'll remmeber in a little and I'll post it..... Samantha Ronson thats it... had to stare at the screen for about 5 minutes LOL. wish I had gone.. he needs to come to Daygo!

-KIDRENEGADE-

West C. Connected

Re:Wrap up & review of Kanye's Concert in Anaheim 2/12 and LA 2/13
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 04:26:35 AM »
Damn sounds dope, I'm defintly gonna see him if he ever does a show up here.
I hope he'll perform in a small stage here, too, the Xzibit/Cypress Hill/D-12 concert was just 'alright' because there was too many people, and it was way too big.

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:KANYE WEST CONCERT REVIEW 2/12 ANAHEIM AND 2/13 LA
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 07:55:01 AM »
Yeah the white chick is Mark Ronson's sister Samantha.

They sound like some dope shows man, hopefully he'll make a UK appearance somewhen this year.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 08:18:59 AM »
kanye did a uk appearence a month or so ago, there was little to no advertisment 4 it though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

SGV

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 10:48:50 AM »
It's coo. Next time.

I went on Friday. You hit everything, except the guy is John Monopoly. That cat is bad ass. Com ripped it. Especially that freestyle where he explained his clothing. LOL.

Did you hit the Roots last night? That shit was AMAZING. Skillz was the hype man the whole night. He did "Ghostwriter," "2003 Wrap Up," "Crew Deep" and a few other tracks. Jean Grae was there, too. Their bassit and guitarist are amazing. Shit, I was in shock the whole show. They're officially the best live artists I've ever seen, though that might change on the 26th. Kris Parker is in town!

We Fly High

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 12:01:36 PM »
nah i didnt go to the roots show, couldnt find anyone to go. but yeah, they are definitely the best live performers. the band makes the difference, a much more fulfilling sound. definitely the best live artists ive seen as well. ive seen them a few times already, but never seen them in a venue as small as house of blues anaheim. did they do the solo spotlights on each member of the Roots? that usually is the best part of the show, cos they get fucking nuts when its their solo. damn i think hellaf olks be rollin thru LA in the upcoming weeks like Common and Twista and shit. i still cant believe kanye fucked up get em high. do you know who that young ass white kid was?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 12:02:34 PM by justin718 »

SGV

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 12:23:30 PM »
Yea. That's why I said the bassist and guitarist were amazing. Their solos were  :o  :o  :o

The white boy with Kanye is an A&R, I believe, for Warner Bros. who wanted to sign Kanye. He explains it on "Last Call." I thought that little boy was like 12. What the fuck is he doing being an A&R.

We Fly High

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2004, 12:54:33 PM »
damn. cant believe that white boy. straight up looked like harry potter or some shit, super nerd with glasses, and like hella curly hair. hahaha. all good though.

oh yeah i guess mi staked the john legend/monopoly identiy. i just saw the word john legend on one of his mixtapes so i just assumed it was him.

damn earlier that day i saw Jamie foxx and tiwsta with kanye on BET 106 and park Live in LA. so i was pretty damn sure they were going to be at the show, but i guess not.
also on thurs night, kanye was telling us talib was going to be at the friday show too. but i guess not.

i think rza and ghostface were at some club qtopia.  performin too.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2004, 01:32:56 PM »
kanye did a uk appearence a month or so ago, there was little to no advertisment 4 it though.

Damn, how did I miss that. Where did he perform? Did you go?

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2004, 09:20:43 PM »
sounds good

We Fly High

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004, 12:57:21 AM »
yo sgv, hes not john monopoly, his name is john legend. check out these pictures

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====47983&nbc1=1

john monopoly looks like his manager or somethin. cant really tell. but john legend is definitely the "lucifer" guy on the keyboards. fuck every performance needs a guy like that. i hope  kanye puts him up on some solo shit, that would be sick.

also dude, i heard somethin about goapele performin at the roots show on saturday, did she really go there?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 01:18:03 AM by justin718 »