Author Topic: Kanye's homie "John Legend" signed to DefJam. you need to check him out.  (Read 165 times)

We Fly High

well. after i saw this guy performing with kanye two days in a row, man i cant stop thinkin about his music. i think if he releases an album on def jam, it'll be a huge hit, esp with kanye on the boards. he has undeniable talent. a fucking smooth ass voice.
i'd be the first to cop the album, iknow that.

hes done work on the black album i think.
if you have the "Im Good" mixtape from Kanye West hes on like three tracks or more.... 1. John's on the intro track, where theyre just talkin about not complainin about shit cos theres a war goin on, and whatever...and john legend keeps singing in the background. and kanyes like "john you got a deal on def jam now" ...gives you a good idea of his talent.
2. hes also on a solo track called "Used to Love you" with kanye on the track. and a
3. song called "out the game" f/ kanye west and consequence.

Don Breezio

Re:Kanye's homie "John Legend" signed to DefJam. you need to check him out.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:34:37 AM »
and he did background vocals for never let me down

West C. Connected

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 11:39:47 AM »
I'll be hearing it when I'll buy the Kanye mixtapes. 8)

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 11:52:12 AM »
So he is a singer, not a rapper?

SGV

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 12:33:32 PM »
Yo. Justin, you were right about the name. My bad. I just seen John Monopoly with Kanye, and put two and two together. But, I was wrong. Yeah though, this cat is sick. He does most of the vocals and plays keyboards for Kanye. He's actually signed to Def Jam for a minute now. On Jeanius Level Musik 's  Intro he said something like "You're going to hear my artist and Def Jam's artist John Legend..."

I'll be copping his album no doubt.

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 01:25:54 PM »
yeah hes not a rapper. hes a singer. on some next level type shit.

in the kanye booklet, his yearbook caption is "most talented"

« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 05:03:00 PM by justin718 »

We Fly High

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 05:02:32 PM »
i seriously and honestly think this guy will be on some nate dogg status type shit.. like he'll be someone that'll straight be singin on everyones hook..  unbelievable man.  his voice aint as coo as nate dogg, cos nate dogg will always reign supreme, but man, i dont see anyone else that could swoop up a 2nd place like John Legend.