Author Topic: Sikh Newsletter - Volume III -  (Read 373 times)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Sikh Newsletter - Volume III -
« on: April 28, 2002, 09:17:40 PM »
"All are created from the seed of God. There is the same clay in the whole world, the potter (God) makes many kinds of pots." (Guru Amar Das)

Yo, been a while since my last newsletter, so here it is, The Sikh Newsletter, Volume III ... This newsletter will shed some light on some topics related to Sikhism, and give more knowledge.

The Guru Granth Sahib[holy book] is the only Holy Scripture which mentions with respect all such names and which includes the writings of holy people born in different religions.

Guru Nanak preached that there is one God, one humanity and one faith. His founding of the institution of Sangat ,praying together as equals) and Pangat (eating together as equals without any discrimination or favor to anyone, hatever one’s faith, caste, color, etc.) to educate
people regarding the brotherhood of man, makes the Sikh faith the religion for the modern age.  Five hundred years earlier the followers of different religions were quarreling (some are doing so even today) to prove their religion to be better than that of the others. Guru Nanak preached that
not hollow rituals but sincere actions benefit a person here and after his death. He declared that it is futile to argue which religion or which name of god is better than the other. All names, whether God, Ram, or Allah, are equally good. What matters is one’s love for Him and His children. In the same way, a child can address his father as dad, papa, or daddy, but it is the love and respect for the father which matters and not the name the child uses to address him.

In Sikhism, it says sumtin like ",”(God), protect me by your hand and destroy all my enemies.”   Many people, when they read that, ask themsevls why would God destroy man?
But, we mistakenly assume our enemies to be human beings. In spiritual life our enemies are those who mislead us from the path of truth and put us in trouble. The major ones among them are lust, anger, greed, attachment, and ego. They are called “diseases” or “devils” which “kill” our soul. They attack our mind and fill it with vices destroying its virtues.

Out of these ‘enemies’, ego is the strongest one of all. However, there is a method to control it. If blessed by the Lord, the person meditates of His virtues and destroys his ego. This is mentioned in the Gurbani .(Page 466 Guru Granth Sahib)

Gurbani teaches us to give up all Five and follow the path of Gurmat; obey the Will of the Lord rather than obeying these evil thoughts. May also be mentioned that the above hymn, in the beginning of the Rehras, refers to spiritual life and not to physical life. It means “I can live only if I remember God’s Name. I die if I forget His Name.” This life of death of a person is not related to the body; it refers to the soul. It tells that the soul is ‘dead’ if one does not love God. We conclude that the Sikhs wish well for all humanity; they have no enemies. Evil thoughts or vices are to be avoided by a Sikh. In physical terms, the Sikh philosophy says that if any violence is committed against an innocent person, he has a right to take up arms, to defend himself and the virtues he practices. While doing so he does not nurse any enmity against any individual, but he is protecting himself against that wrong thought which led the person to commit the violence.

Instead of finding faults with others and requiring them to live a pious life, let us look for virtues n the people and try to live a virtuous life ourselves

REINCARNATION
Sikhism does not restrict the way in which a dead body may be disposed of. People may bury the body, throw it in water, cremate it, or treat it in any convenient but respectful way. None of these methods helps or harms the soul in any matter. The soul remains unaffected by any treatment to the body. Sikhs generally cremate the dead body just because it is a convenient way to dispose of the corpse. They do not do so because it will help the soul go to Heaven. In contrast, other religions believe that the disposal of a dead body is a religious act and that the dead body has to be treated in the way prescribed by their religion. Muslims and many Christians
bury the dead body, burning it is against their faith. Hindus generally cremate their dead or deliver their bodies to some sacred river or sea.

According to the Sikh faith, there is no place which has been reserved as Heaven of Hell. In the following hymn, Gurmat says living in love with God is living in Heaven and living by ignoring God is living in Hell on this very earth.

In Christianity they say, Those who believe in Christ as the only Son of God who sacrificed his life for taking over the sins of the people, will be saved by him (Christ) and permitted entry into Heaven”..  
In Sikhism however, says that nobody can claim a sole proprietorship on God, he is the common Father for all of us. A person can love Him by any Name, Ram, Allah, Guru or Gobind.
To be saved, one has to live life free from vices. Guru Nanak does not say “you believe in me and I will save you”. Rather he says “one cannot be saved by anyone else. One has to live the right kind of life to be saved by the Lord”.
Gurbani[Teachings of the holy book] gives guidance to overcome vices, and thus help one to save oneself from them.
If by sacrificing one can take on himself the sins of the would-be followers, then Sikh Gurus are the most entitled holy persons to save people from Hell. Guru Arjun Dev, Guru Teg Bahadur, Guru Gobind Singh along with all his four sons and his mother sacrificed their lives for protecting the human rights of the poor and weak. Thousands of Sikhs gave their lives for the same cause.
Further, Sikhism rejects the existence of places called Heaven and Hell. It tells living the life of love for God and His people is living in Heaven. Forgetting God and suffering from vices is
being in Hell while in this life, not after death.
No prophet, Christ or any other holy man, can save anyone. One has to live a virtuous life to be saved, not just believe in one or another prophet. This is the message of Guru Nanak for the people all over the world

I hope ya'll enjoyed that, i sure did, peace, 1

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Instant_Killa

Re: Sikh Newsletter - Volume III -
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 06:49:13 PM »
Thanks for this weekly newsletter. Hopefully ppl would read it.

peace

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2002, 11:57:57 AM »
Ohhh Kidha!!!!

;D

Chakhde phatey!!!!

Nice work homie keep those Sikh Newsletters coming...

And for no reason what so ever, Here is the winning team of the World Cup...

;D

bLaDe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 12:09:09 PM »
LOL!......and thanks, jus promoting knowledge ;)

-{bLaDe}

ROCCY

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 08:37:03 PM »
Yo blade Im not SIKH..but I like reading..this onece in a while..trying to learn more about them..keep up

bLaDe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2002, 09:08:12 AM »
Yo blade Im not SIKH..but I like reading..this onece in a while..trying to learn more about them..keep up

Tight dogg, and thanks, a lot of ppl dont know anything about Sikhism, but want to learn, and thaz why im makin Newsletters, peace

-{bLaDe}