Poll

Agree or Disagree?

Classic
18 (45%)
Not Classic
22 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: fuck it, KanyeWest debut album is...  (Read 1051 times)

Big BpG

Re:fuck it, KanyeWest debut album is...
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2004, 12:48:36 AM »
Well, this is funny. My friend who is a big hip hop/rap fan asked me if I bought the new Kayne album. I said no, but how is it.

My friend is the biggest critic when it comes to music. He will tell you why the chronic IS NOT classic, but anyway, he said

"Yo B, this album is a fuckin classic"'

I told him not to throw that word out like that.

He said

"B, I'm telling you man, this album is going to change the rap game. Hip Hop is going to start merging with rap now. This album is a fucking classic B."

I let him rant on about it, but there is more

So a couple hours later, I went to visit another friend downtown. He asks me If I heard the new Kayne album. I said, no, but I hear it's good. He said

"Brandon, this album is a true classic."

I started laughing after i heard that twice in one day.

I said, no way can you judge an album that quickly.

He said

"Brandon, you're going to want to sit on the toilet when you hear this album. Otherwise, you'll shit your pants"

so me, not loving the HIP HOP sound to an extreme...I bought it.

I took off the wrapping

I took off the sticky tape crap

I opened the cd

I put it in my stereo

I hit play

and then........................

I shit my pants

-BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Don Breezio

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2004, 12:52:15 AM »
i agree that the songs have the potential to become classics...but the skits are annoying as fuck.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2004, 11:46:14 AM »
I just heard "Jesus Walks". It's good, but nothin' special. That's 5 tracs I've heard so far that are good IMO.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 11:46:54 AM by The_Second_Coming »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2004, 03:26:06 PM »
i aint copped it yet, but i heard its overrated, like its a dope cd, but not classic, i heard its kinda soft at places

We Fly High

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2004, 03:45:31 PM »
yeah , its soft in some places, but i mean, thats what makes him versatile. and kanye isnt the one to all be rappin about bein hard either, so its not like out of place for him to be doin that.

bez

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2004, 11:52:17 AM »
dope album

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2004, 01:11:41 PM »
No offense meant towards anyone, but I wish people would stop calling things classics after first listen or a day or a week or a month. You really shouldn't even think about using that term until at least a year after the cd drops, since longevity is a huge factor in defining something as 'classic'.

It's easy to do, since a lot of songs and albums do just hit you like ugh when u first hear them. But so many songs just don't have lasting appeal in this quick-buck industry, so you really have to give it some time imo. Does anyone still think Obie Trice and G-Unit's cds are classics? I would hope not.

I haven't heard the Kanye album yet, wasn't really planning to, but I guess I'll give it a listen if everyone thinks its so good. Or is this just the Hype I was always told not to believe?

It's okay, these people are morons...

pappy

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2004, 11:39:35 PM »
i jus copped this album 2day an been bumping it all day.  i wouldnt call it a classic yet.  defo has potential to be classic.  its one of the best albums ive heard in a while.  something rap needed in a bad way.  an speaking about skits.... doggystyle an enter the 36 chambers have a there fair share of skits an no1 disputes there classic status.  im not comparing the college dropout to those albums im jus sayin

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2004, 04:49:23 AM »
the way kanye bein played out here..imma go out on a limb an say kanye gunna be the figurehead saleswise for the ROC now jay gone....

We Fly High

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2004, 04:56:36 AM »
yup.. i seriously dont remember any artist generating as much buzz as kanye besides when 50 and eminem came out, but any other arits in recent history i dont think has made that big of a buzz for himself int he industry.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2004, 06:22:17 AM »
yup.. i seriously dont remember any artist generating as much buzz as kanye besides when 50 and eminem came out, but any other arits in recent history i dont think has made that big of a buzz for himself int he industry.

Having said that in the UK hardly anybody has heard of him really, there is hardly any buzz for him over here really.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2004, 07:29:48 AM »
*is from uk*

are you kiddin slowjams on kiss,the box constantly...the track wit dilated people an thru the wire have been all over radio one....

bez

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2004, 07:57:14 AM »
*is from uk*

are you kiddin slowjams on kiss,the box constantly...the track wit dilated people an thru the wire have been all over radio one....

yup

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2004, 02:47:44 PM »
College Dropout is better than The Black Album. By a l-o-o-o-ng way.

Yup!! But then again, I really hate The Black Album (Or was that Jay Z!?  :P)!!

The first few times I heard this album, I pretty much dint like it. I thought that there were too many skits and only like 4 ok tracks, but now that I got the chance to listen to the full album a couple of times, I must say its great!! Far from classic, but still one of the better albums!!

4/5
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2004, 07:27:07 PM »
"I used to move snow flakes by the O-Z, i guess even back then u can call me ,  C-E-O of the R-O-C"

"flyer(flier) than a piece of paper bearing my name"

"not D.O.C but similiar to the letters "No One Can Do It BEtter"

"whenevers theres a drought, get ur umbrellas out cuz thats when i brainstorm"

Any of these lines from one song off the black album is better than College Dropout.

whats up? u guys high on crack while listening to College Dropout and saying its better than the Black ALbum?

College Dropout....very good CD but not even close to a classic