Poll

Agree or Disagree?

Classic
18 (45%)
Not Classic
22 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: fuck it, KanyeWest debut album is...  (Read 1030 times)

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
Re:fuck it, KanyeWest debut album is...
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2004, 09:39:48 PM »
I like to consider this a modern day classic come on compare this shit to whats out right now this has to be the best. The only thing that might of really stopped this album to be a classic is that kanye isnt one of the best on the mic but he speaks so much truth you can just feel that and it makes up for the rhyming part.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2004, 12:26:23 AM »
"flyer(flier) than a piece of paper bearing my name"

Sorry, but that line is just a rip off of Benefit's line from the song "So Sick"...

"Flyer than your promotional posters"

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2004, 04:27:09 PM »
Its not perfect, but real soulful and I really appreciate that. I appreciate it cause its different than everything else coming out. Theres like 4 or 5 great tracks and the rest is good or average... one of my favorites gotta be track #21 "Last Call"...i fuckin love this song...its not even a song, its a story. 12 minutes  talkin and rapping back and forth.. I love the melody and the whole idea of the track, the story was tight (how Kanye came up and got signed to Rocafella).. I just dont get tired of this track and its hella long..I got it on repeat 5 times and the hour passed like that
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network