Author Topic: Wu Tang, will they ever return?  (Read 216 times)

Cordy

• 'G'
Wu Tang, will they ever return?
« on: February 17, 2004, 09:54:45 AM »
Theyre 98 album, the double CD with "Its Yours" trak was the low point of the mighty Wu.

My Q to you is, will they return to the 93 style?

Doggystylin

Re:Wu Tang, will they ever return?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 10:12:30 AM »
nope, their done, they might drop some hot solo albums, but that old sound will never come back

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 10:13:17 AM »
They'll never return to their '93 style, same with the WSCG not returnin' to their "Bow Down" time, Snoop Dogg not returnin' to his "Doggystyle" time, Kurupt not returnin' to his "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha" time, etc. With the time music changes, that's how it is...

But the Wu's still hot, they changed their style (like nearly everyone who was in the game for years), but they still drop tight shit (listen to the new RZA album, or to Ghostface's new song "Run", etc.).

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 11:08:10 AM »
First off i disagree on "Forever" bein a low point. 2nd, naw, the '93 style is not gonna come back, but they still keep droppin nice albums from time to time, i still like the clan

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 12:45:44 PM »
uhh...you guys do know that wu-tang isnt dropping anymore group albums anymore right?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 02:13:44 PM »
^^ heard rumours bout a 5th and final album, but really just rumours. also sumthin bout a final tour. anyways i don't remember Iron Flag officially bein their last

but i was referrin to nice solo joints by wu members like Deck's "The Movement" or Rae's "Lex Diamond Story"......nice albums IMO

The Watcher

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 07:31:21 PM »
hiphopsite just posted an update in their news.. apparently Jimmy of Interscope is trying to get them on Interscope, and push them off to Aftermath and get Dre to lace them with a few beats for a new album..
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 07:39:31 PM »
nope, their done, they might drop some hot solo albums, but that old sound will never come back

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 01:49:39 AM »
hiphopsite just posted an update in their news.. apparently Jimmy of Interscope is trying to get them on Interscope, and push them off to Aftermath and get Dre to lace them with a few beats for a new album..

if you read the piece you'll see that wutangcorp.com received this news from hiphopsite.com I talked to my Wu Contacts and he said ... this is not confirmed yet.. soon as it is I will surely let you know

^_^

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 02:57:53 AM »
RZA has confirmed in more than one interview that thier will be a final clan album made.He has said that if not dropped this year, he'll drop his The Cure album.

As for interscope, i really hope that never happens, from what i understood the WU were in talks with BMG last year to start a partnership for WU Records.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 03:00:08 AM by Pęder »

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 04:35:35 AM »
RZA has confirmed in more than one interview that thier will be a final clan album made.He has said that if not dropped this year, he'll drop his The Cure album...

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 02:58:26 PM »
How on earth do you figure "It's Yourz" is their low point?  It's a hot song.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2004, 11:34:15 PM »
Wu-Tang over Dre beats? NOOO!

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 05:12:51 AM »
Wu-Tang over Dre beats? NOOO!

Exactly, that will be wack.

Only people who should produce on a Wu album are RZA, Mathematics, 4th Disciple, and prehaps a couple of Pete Rock tracks (all the stuff he's done with Wu members has been off the hook). I fail to see how a Dre beat would work with the Wu at all.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2004, 07:59:40 AM »
They'll never return to their '93 style, same with the WSCG not returnin' to their "Bow Down" time, Snoop Dogg not returnin' to his "Doggystyle" time, Kurupt not returnin' to his "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha" time, etc. With the time music changes, that's how it is...

But the Wu's still hot, they changed their style (like nearly everyone who was in the game for years), but they still drop tight shit (listen to the new RZA album, or to Ghostface's new song "Run", etc.).

word...