Author Topic: Loon case  (Read 61 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Loon case
« on: February 18, 2004, 05:37:21 PM »
www.worldwideconnected.com

Just hours after posting $1 million bail early Saturday morning, Loon showed up at Russell Simmons' Hip-Hop Summit Action Network voter-registration drive in Los Angeles.

There the Bad Boy recording artist offered his first comments on his arrest on attempted-murder charges, proclaiming that he isn't guilty. "I'm innocent, that's first and foremost," Loon told MTV News. "I'll leave it at that. It's a very unfortunate situation."

Loon and two other men were arrested early Friday morning after allegedly stabbing a security guard outside the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood (see "Loon Charged With Attempted Murder"). Police say it happened after the men were refused entry into a party celebrating the release of a Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz adult DVD.

"[This] hasn't stopped me from living and partaking in major events such as the Hip-Hop Summit," Loon continued. "My cause is still valid, that's why I'm here today."

Spokespeople for Bad Boy Records and P. Diddy, who just last week had Loon glued to his side during Grammy week, offered no comment on Loon's situation.

The case's lead detective at the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said investigators are still trying to determine which of the three men stabbed the guard. The case is expected to be filed with the district attorney's office by the end of the week.

Later at the summit, Loon addressed the gathered audience — many of whom hadn't yet heard of his arrest and were confused by the context of his comments. "My situation is irrelevant," he said. "I want you all to understand how important it is to register to vote."

The Hip-Hop Summit Action Network's voter-registration drive coincided with a number of hip-hop stars visiting Los Angeles for the weekend's NBA All-Star Game. The event was chaired by Roc-A-Fella CEO Damon Dash and, according to organizers, registered 60,000 new voters.

Source: Mtv