Author Topic: Standing For Something  (Read 618 times)

Trauma-san

Standing For Something
« on: April 18, 2002, 10:01:07 PM »
My Prophet, Gordon B. Hincley, president of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, once wrote a book called Standing for something.

We should all think about what we stand for.  What message do we send people?  When I hear your name, what do I think of?  

I would hope, although i'm sure I fall short, that I stand for love.  I'm sure to some people I don't , though.  But I'm going to try and dedicate my life to oozing love as much as I can, so that when someone mentions me, this is what they think of.

Muhammad Ali stands, to me, for Courage; Intelligence, and Power.  Knowledge.  Great man.

Jesus Christ stands, to me, for Love, and Understanding.  Greatest man, ever.

John Lennon stands, to me, for Peace, and Love.  When I think of him, I immediately see a long haired hippie with a peace sign.  He sacrificed his soul, his identity, for peace.  What a man, and what an accomplishment he made.

Martin Luther King, stands, to me, for accomplishment, and for understanding.  He understood not only what his people were struggling against, but also what needed to be done, and what the opposition lacked.  A Giant man.  He's drinking kool-aid with Jesus right now, no doubt.

NOw on a personal note:

Overseer stands to me, as a Fair guy.  That's what I think when I think of him.  He's always been fair in everything he's ever done.  

Doggystylin' to me stands as a friend.  He seems like the kind of guy that would be friendly to everyone... that's what he makes me think of.

My brother to me stands as strength.  He's never lazy, always there to help people out... he's a pillar of strength.

This is just an example.  Together, we should all analyze exactly WHAT IT IS we are standing for.  What message do we send people?  Do we send them the message that alcohol is the most important thing in our life?  What is your message?  

Peace, yall~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Doggystylin

Re: Standing For Something
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 10:07:56 PM »
i stand for peace, love, and for god to see me as a good person,and trauma said i seem friendly, well yeah i am friendly cause why shouldnt i be? its all about peace and love yall, but none of that hippie sh*t, lol (again the * so it wont hurt traumas eyes) , im a muslim so yall should see me as a peace loving, God loving, friendly muslim. But also not no p*ssy or a hippie, lol, damnit all this friendlyness hasnt got me a girl yet though, maybe i should be more aggresive,lol, oh yeah, im laid back yall, i like to crack racist jokes  ;) ;D yall know what im talkin about, LOL

ok thats enough 8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2002, 10:10:53 PM »
I"m serious.  I know this guy, Dane, and to me, he stands as a bigot.  That's what I think of when I see him.

My neighbor across the street, stands to me as a drunk.  That's all he ever does, and that's all I know of him.  

What do you stand for?

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2002, 10:45:29 PM »

NOw on a personal note:

Overseer stands to me, as a Fair guy.  That's what I think when I think of him.  He's always been fair in everything he's ever done.

:-[ brings tears to my eyes..  ;D

I try to be fair in everything... from a board perspective which is the only way most people here see me I try not to be overbearing like other forum admins, no power trippin etc... i'm just another guy... I want people do have a bit more room to breathe here without being stifled into a box... so what if people post as much in 'anything goes' and 'the hall' as they do in the main forum..its building relationships beyond just talkin about west coast stuff..  you dont have to come read this stuff just because its here. hope I can fill the world with some little 'seers someday... (where my deadgrrl go...  ;D)

course trauma's the man for saying this esp. after history and all (anyone sense the mutual back slappin? lol).. seriously though... i'm not a great outwardly emotional person - but i'm workin on it  ;)

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2002, 10:49:05 PM »

:-[ brings tears to my eyes..  ;D

I try to be fair in everything... from a board perspective which is the only way most people here see me I try not to be overbearing like other forum admins, no power trippin etc... i'm just another guy... I want people do have a bit more room to breathe here without being stifled into a box... so what if people post as much in 'anything goes' and 'the hall' as they do in the main forum..its building relationships beyond just talkin about west coast stuff..  you dont have to come read this stuff just because its here. hope I can fill the world with some little 'seers someday... (where my deadgrrl go...  ;D)

course trauma's the man for saying this esp. after history and all (anyone sense the mutual back slappin? lol).. seriously though... i'm not a great outwardly emotional person - but i'm workin on it  ;)

Overseer keepin it real, props homie ;D

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2002, 06:43:50 AM »
John Lennon stands, to me, for Peace, and Love.  When I think of him, I immediately see a long haired hippie with a peace sign.  

When I think of him I immediately think "You Scouse bastard, you Scouse bastard" and all the great times I've had Scousebusting!

whoops lol

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2002, 06:57:51 AM »
But on a more serious note

I stand up for what I believe in

What message do I send out?  At 17, I'm not sure.

Oh BTW

That drunk across your street, he can change.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2002, 12:00:18 AM »
I try to be a good friend, husband, brother, son, christian, person, worker, and example. Those are the things I stand for.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2002, 09:59:06 AM »
hmmm....lets see...

my mother stands for understanding, love, truth, dedication, acomplishment, spiritualty and forgiveness

i stand for....hmm...this is wat i think i stand for

truth,spiritualty, friendship, nationalism, humor, maturity, love, intellegence, realness......lol

Doggy stands for friendship, power, goozin, fun, a guy who cant stand being opressed

Infinite stands for maturity, respect, knowledge, friendship, spiritualty, a guy who keeps  it real, a guy whos got control of himself

peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2002, 04:23:09 PM »
I stand for the little guy. At 5'9", I'm not going to tower over anybody, but at 200 pounds, I can pack a punch. I have never been one to shy away from a challenge, and I'm one that would accept anything that is set before my feet. I myself have come from the ground, to rise up and try to accomplish the impossible for me, graduate college, a good one at that.

My dad stands for experence, and a good man. He is a family, that will put himself in harms way so that his kids can eat, and sleep comfretably. He is who I inspire to be like, as he has shown me that even an older man with learning disablities, and no really good education as a kid, can go back to school, raise a family and succede.

My grandma stands for love, and toughness. She has seen a lot, and she has been through it all, but in the end, she always is one top. She refused to stay a little poor girl in East L.A. and became a succeseful busness woman. She is a great model, and one person I miss more every single day. She is the backbone of our family, and I can't wait to see her when I get home.

My sister to me stands for a strong woman on the verge of breaking out. She is trying to get her footing, and slowly she is. She stands for someone though that doesn't know her own talents, but she will, as I know she'll discover herself. She is funny, so she gets along well with strangers.

And Trauma, what right, and pride. The guy is great, and I am to Trauma what Tray Deee is to Snoop Dogg, I'm te background, the little homie, that's the big homie, the star.

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2002, 06:07:34 PM »
I stand for love, humour, honor

"IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING, YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING"

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2002, 06:26:47 PM »
i stand 4 keepin it real,  being yourself,  an being truthful.

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2002, 01:33:30 AM »
hmmm....lets see...

Infinite stands for maturity, respect, knowledge, friendship, spiritualty, a guy who keeps  it real, a guy whos got control of himself

-{bLaDe}

Thanks for the recognition big homie..... only thing you left out was hip-hop music, I take a stand against anybody trying to demonize the music.

I'll speak for someone since Blade spoke for me........

Techniec stands for: knowledge, wisdom, leadership, straightforwardness (keepin it real) friendship, Islam, nationalism-his people, stands against oppression, stands for reason, logic, and justice.

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2002, 06:17:02 PM »
i stand 4 keepin it real,  being yourself,  an being truthful.

Yea, i'll agree, you're pretty real.