Author Topic: FBI warning labels to appear on CDs, DVDs, software  (Read 147 times)

JTSimon

FBI warning labels to appear on CDs, DVDs, software
« on: February 22, 2004, 09:20:59 AM »
Friday, February 20, 2004 Posted: 12:02 PM EST (1702 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The FBI said Thursday it is giving Hollywood film studios, music companies and software makers permission to use its name and logo on their DVDs, CDs and other digital media in hopes the labels will deter consumers from making illegal copies.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/20/downloading.music.ap/index.html

West C. Connected

Re:FBI warning labels to appear on CDs, DVDs, software
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 09:30:01 AM »
Does this mean we'll be getting an album cover with Parental Advisory at one side, FBI above that, the artist name, the album title, the labels, the sublabels and the CIA and the RIAA and we'll have to squeeze a College Dropout Bear between all that?

JTSimon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »
Does this mean we'll be getting an album cover with Parental Advisory at one side, FBI above that, the artist name, the album title, the labels, the sublabels and the CIA and the RIAA and we'll have to squeeze a College Dropout Bear between all that?

Probably a cover sheet inside the case over the cd.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 10:44:03 AM »
All that means is I'll go to Mexico to get the bootlegs, or hell, I'll ignore the warnings and keep on bootleging. M Dogg's Real Hip-Hop mix CDs are the best CDs, trust, I could sell them at college and make grips, everyone ask me for copies.