Author Topic: Resurrection Of Jesus?  (Read 441 times)

Hittman

Resurrection Of Jesus?
« on: April 19, 2002, 10:59:19 AM »
I Remember Doing Something On This Ages Ago In RE, So I Was Just Wondering Peoples Opinions On The Resurrection Of The Jesus. They Taught Us All about Fake, Fraud, And Fact Theories - But Obviously at School There Isn't Anyone Who Is Religious, So It'd Be Interest to See What Other People Think About It. I Ain't Very Religious Person, And If I Had Choice Of Doing RE I Wouldnt Have Took It.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

Re: Resurrection Of Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2002, 08:41:26 PM »
Well, you already know what I think.  But man; i'm so sick of being called an idiot just because I believe it, that i'm gonna keep my beliefs to myself from now on.  The sad fact is, nobody cares what I believe, or how much I love Jesus, or how much he loves me.  So i'm just gonna have to be content in my knowledge, and not try to share it with anyone, because it isn't wanted.  

Peace~

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2002, 11:10:31 PM »
^^ I pretty much agree with Trauma. No one seems to care, so why bother. But if you know his views, then you know mine.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 05:25:36 AM »
Well, you already know what I think.  But man; i'm so sick of being called an idiot just because I believe it, that i'm gonna keep my beliefs to myself from now on.  The sad fact is, nobody cares what I believe, or how much I love Jesus, or how much he loves me.  So i'm just gonna have to be content in my knowledge, and not try to share it with anyone, because it isn't wanted.  

Peace~

awww  :'(

onto my take...

I'll lay down my beliefs as I see them

1) Jesus was a real man.
2) Jesus was the son of 'normal' parents, no supernatural gods here.
3) Jesus may have been the leader and founder (sorta) of the christian faith.. even though he was a Jew (different issue). He was still just a man.. altho maybe a great one.
4) Jesus will not be resurrected since he was a man and men don't get resurrected.
5) 4 excludes any 'Jurassic Park' theories involving pieces of jesus's snot found on the Turin shroud.

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 07:12:34 AM »
Jesus was a real man

Yes but that's the whole point isn't it? The fact he was a real man but was resurected, shows that he was the Son of God. Any man can say he's the Messiah and be killed and that's it, but only someone who IS the Messiah can be killed but then come back to life. Also, it was to answer all his doubters who asked for proof that he was the Messiah:

An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth(Matt 12:39-40)

Jesus was the son of 'normal' parents

What Mary and God??? Normal??? What do you think "divine conception" means? To say he had normal parents is a bit inaccurate.

Jesus may have been the leader and founder (sorta) of the christian faith.

Jesus WAS a Jew. Jesus was not a Christian nor did he practise Christianity. Christianty came about because the Jewish faith does not recognise Jesus as the Messiah. Some people did, hence they became Christians. That's not really relevant to the question of whether he was resurected or not but it's worth getting right.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2002, 07:37:52 AM »
As I said I was stating what I believe not what what the bible says.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2002, 08:26:16 AM »

Peace~

I'm sorry that's complete rubbish, nobody ever attacked you for your religious beliefs, you were only criticised for your blind approach towards American foreign policy

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2002, 05:05:26 PM »

I'm sorry that's complete rubbish, nobody ever attacked you for your religious beliefs, you were only criticised for your blind approach towards American foreign policy

No, they attack him because he is avalible. Right now, it doesn't matter, all that does is the fact that we too have a voice, it's not being heard, and he doesn't want to waste his time. His a greater man than me, as I just read the threads and turn away, for people know not what they do, but they do what satisfy them. They do attack his beliefs, and mine for saying Jesus was a fraud, a fake, but whatever, believe what you want. If you want to hear the word, it is presented before you. And if you do not agree with America's foreign policy, I ask you which America. It's a big place with many countries, so do you speak of the United States, or Mexico, or Brazil, or Chile. Where in America do you speak of their foreign policy. 'Cause if it's the United States, lets just say if you live in a 1st world country, you have no place to talk because you also rep the benefits. I for one am going to my community, and helping out there, the foreign shit I leave in the governments hands, and since my people didn't get elected this time (I wanted Gore, we'd be so much better off, or at least 4 more years of Clinton) I will just say that the my fellow citizens made their choice, and that I am not one to argue, 'cause I am not always right, and that the majority should know what's best for itself. After all, we don't like getting bombed.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2002, 04:08:03 AM »

No, they attack him because he is avalible. Right now, it doesn't matter, all that does is the fact that we too have a voice, it's not being heard, and he doesn't want to waste his time. His a greater man than me, as I just read the threads and turn away, for people know not what they do, but they do what satisfy them. They do attack his beliefs, and mine for saying Jesus was a fraud, a fake, but whatever, believe what you want. If you want to hear the word, it is presented before you. And if you do not agree with America's foreign policy, I ask you which America. It's a big place with many countries, so do you speak of the United States, or Mexico, or Brazil, or Chile. Where in America do you speak of their foreign policy. 'Cause if it's the United States, lets just say if you live in a 1st world country, you have no place to talk because you also rep the benefits. I for one am going to my community, and helping out there, the foreign shit I leave in the governments hands, and since my people didn't get elected this time (I wanted Gore, we'd be so much better off, or at least 4 more years of Clinton) I will just say that the my fellow citizens made their choice, and that I am not one to argue, 'cause I am not always right, and that the majority should know what's best for itself. After all, we don't like getting bombed.

First of all I meant the US. Over here we often call the USA "America".  We call Canada, the US and Mexico "North America".  And we call South America, South America lol.  

You know I meant the US anyway.

This place is about opinions.  Trauma had one.  He presented it.  Some of us didn't agree, so we argued against it.  That's what this board is about.  Nobody attacked Trauma for his religious beliefs.  My religious beliefs are the same as Trauma's in fact.  If you disagree with what I say, I won't retire from the board.  

Secondly, I don't want to "reap the benefits" of America causing suffering to other HUMANS to protect their own interests.  BTW can you tell me what benefits I've reaped?

That's the thing I don't understand about the majority of Americans.  Us Brits recognize that our country has done some FUCKED up shit to others in the past, whereas the majority of Americans are BLIND to the unfair dealings of their country.  Just check the IRA post.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2002, 05:34:21 AM »

First of all I meant the US. Over here we often call the USA "America".  We call Canada, the US and Mexico "North America".  And we call South America, South America lol.  

You know I meant the US anyway.

This place is about opinions.  Trauma had one.  He presented it.  Some of us didn't agree, so we argued against it.  That's what this board is about.  Nobody attacked Trauma for his religious beliefs.  My religious beliefs are the same as Trauma's in fact.  If you disagree with what I say, I won't retire from the board.  

Secondly, I don't want to "reap the benefits" of America causing suffering to other HUMANS to protect their own interests.  BTW can you tell me what benefits I've reaped?

That's the thing I don't understand about the majority of Americans.  Us Brits recognize that our country has done some FUCKED up shit to others in the past, whereas the majority of Americans are BLIND to the unfair dealings of their country.  Just check the IRA post.

In being from Great Britian, your country IS THE CAUSE of most of minority suffering in the U.S. And the U.S. is NOT America, America is America, the U.S. is the United States OG AMERICA. Lets get that straight right off the bat. Second, after WWII, the U.S. loaned Britain tons of money to rebuild their country after the Nazi's destroyed London, and other big cities. Bet we weren't the big bad guys then. Also Great Britain is militarly link to the U.S., as they depend on us for security, and taking care of your foreign affars. Come off it, if you guys get in a war, who's the first nation your guys run too, and don't say France.

And lets not get started on the past, I'm a Native American mixed with Mexican, I have seen a lot of shit resulting from the oppression of English to my people, when they took our land, killed our people, brought decease, and sypholis, which they try to say we give to them, but it's a decease orginated in SHEEP, and we didn't have sheep in the Americas. The English brought over slavery, and the slave trade forced many Africans to come to a world they didn't know. Great Britain still had solders in South Africa that killed thousands of South Africans for no reason in the late 80's, early 90's. Britian lives off of our power, 'cause if we never would be as strong, the Communist would have ruled you by now. Let's face it, Great Britian too lives off the U.S. But this is just food for thought, Peace.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2002, 05:38:29 AM »

Us Brits recognize that our country has done some FUCKED up shit to others in the past, whereas the majority of Americans are BLIND to the unfair dealings of their country.

Hittman

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2002, 05:42:22 AM »
M Dogg, You Mentioned Slavery.

1. It Wasn't Just The British That Had Slavery.

2. You Can Hardly Hold Something That Happened Hundreds Of Years Ago Towards Jay.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2002, 05:44:33 AM »

Come off it, if you guys get in a war, who's the first nation your guys run too, and don't say France.

Ahem.  Where were you in 1914, 1915, 1916?  1939, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943?  

I know where the fuck France was, where was the US?

When did I say you were "The big bad guys"?  Just recognize that at the top level, the USA is crooked

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2002, 05:46:41 AM »

Let's face it, Great Britian too lives off the U.S. .

How?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2002, 05:48:43 AM »
I'm just saying... I got a little carried away, but Britian does live off America as it's security. They were the first ones to send troops to the Middle East after 9/11. We in ourselves are fucked up, and we know. But before you bash Trauma for having his postion, check your status and if you want that to change.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if Britian wasn't the only one with slaves. Native Americans and Mexicans held no slaves. And I don't stand with America on everything, but I live here, and my main goal is to educate the students because they are the ones that make the calls in the future. Shit, we can't have Bushes in the offices no more, I mean how are you going to lose Saudi support after they were one of the most loyal allies in the Middle East. But we have a future, and I look to that, well you guys argue are faults, I actually plain to change them.