Author Topic: Question for Jews and Christians  (Read 850 times)

infinite59

Question for Jews and Christians
« on: April 09, 2002, 08:35:52 PM »
I could be way out of bounds with this question..... But if Jesus was "God" according to Christians, then how could he have been Jewish.  Jews believe in One God, and that no man can be God, that God has no partners.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Question for Jews and Christians
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 08:43:17 PM »
Jesus started his own form of Judaism (I think), and the Jews hated him for that (I think)...And than the Jews gave him to the Romans (I think) and they hung him on a cross...Than they Christians say he was Resurected or some shit...I really dont know the story that well or all the Christiand vs Jews beefs, but thats what (I think) I know...

Plus, I dont think the Christians belived he was God, I think they belived he was the Son fo God....

MidnightPills

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 08:46:42 PM »
I could be way out of bounds with this question..... But if Jesus was "God" according to Christians, then how could he have been Jewish.  Jews believe in One God, and that no man can be God, that God has no partners.  

it is called the trinity... he is the father.. the son and the holy ghost... it is like... have a picture of water.. and pouring it into.. three different cups... it was once one mass but know it is three.. then you pour it back into the picture.. and now it is one again.. it just is.. it is like asking.. how can god always been.. when there has to be a begining.. .. it is not a question that can be answered... it is just is... god has always been and always will be... and he is the father the sone and the holy ghost....

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 09:25:43 PM »
infinate you still don't get it, christians believe in ONE god not 3

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2002, 11:58:31 PM »
None of you answered my question correctly, aside from Sccit, it seemed ya'll got frustrated with my question.  So let me explain in better detail.

Okay.  Here is what would make sense to me, from a Christian standpoint.  Jesus comes to the Earth.  And says blah, blah, blah, I will die and be reserected, I am God, so believe in me as God and believe in Christianity.  
However, he was supposedly Jewish, which means he was saying what Jews say which is, "God has no partners."

TheSheriff

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 02:08:46 AM »
Yet if he is God...Understand now?

Youngster323

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2002, 03:34:16 AM »
CHRISTians believe Jesus is the Son of God. Christians believe Jesus is in the side of God.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2002, 03:54:59 AM »
Infinite lets make this clear

CHRISTIANS DON'T BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD

CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN ONE GOD

CHRISTIANS BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD'S SON, HIS MESSENGER SENT TO EARTH

JESUS NEVER SAID HE WAS GOD HE SAID HE WAS THE SON OF GOD

Do better research homie

Safe

TheSheriff

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2002, 03:57:03 AM »
From the Apocryphal of John-And God spake unto them,"I am the Father, I am the Mother, I am the Son."

infinite59

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2002, 08:48:42 AM »
I'm still not understanding, maybe it's my fault, but I'm still at the same question....

If Jesus said he was a Jew, and that's the religion he believed in, then why would Christians not be Jewish, if they believe in everything Jesus did and said?

TheSheriff

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2002, 09:12:13 AM »
Call us New Jews if you wish. What we know as Judaism rejects Jesus, and claims the son of man and god has yet to arrive. The Christians claim the son of man and god was Jesus.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2002, 11:23:20 AM »
Only thing I can do is this.  I don't understand the jewish position... I don't totally understand the traditional trinity christian view... all I can express is My personal, Latter Day Saint, Christian view.

We all existed before the world began.  God had us as his 'spiritual children', we all lived with him.  The eldest son was Jesus.  He was almost as his father was... perfect.  The rest of us were in varying degrees of glory.  Personally, I feel i was no where near perfect.  lol.  (Oh, and i'm speaking on EVERYONE that has ever came to earth, even Hitler).  Anyways, God, like any father, wants us to grow and be better than him.  (which is impossible, since he's perfect, but still, he wants us to be perfect, too, what father doesn't?).

God has a body.  We don't.  So, God , in his infinite wisdom, holds a council, where everyone is present.  We're living in paradise, but we have no choice in the matter, we have to love our father.  We cannot grow, because we have no choice.  It's like if a woman is married in Afganistan, her husband doesn't know if she loves him, truly, because she has no choice.  Feel me?  So, God puts forth a plan.  We will all come to earth, and receive a body here.  Since our spirits are eternal, we will never die.  By receiving our body, we will be like our father even more (remember we were created in 'god's image').    Also, when we enter earth, we will have a veil placed over us, so we don't know god.  It is up to us to find god, and actively choose him (good) on earth, as opposed to being wicked.  In short, to follow our hearts, which are divenly good.  

God knows we are gonna commit sin with the veil over us.  So, somehow, we must repent.  We cannot do that ourselves, we need someone to help us.  In steps Satan.  He says (as god's favorite angel, and his son, like us) I will go, father, and save every single persons soul, they will have no choice, and the glory will be mine.  Jesus, our elder brother, steps forward, and says, "I will go, father, and they will have a choice.  Many souls will be lost, but the glory will be thine".  God chooses Jesus's plan (Maybe it took 200 million years to decide? who knows), and 1/3rd of heaven chose to follow satan, and not come to earth.  2/3rd's of heaven chose to follow Jesus's plan, and come to earth.  Every single one of us that has ever came to earth, choose this plan, knows of this plan, and has simply forgotten it.  Hitler, at one time, choose to come to earth for the glory of god.

Satan would like nothing better than to turn us against our father, and for us to fail, and never return to his presence, because he cannot return there.  When you fall, you always grab out for someone else to fall with you, it makes you feel better.  

Anyways, since sin would be committed on earth, someone needed to atone for our sin.  It had to be someone that could commit an INFINITE atonement, or else, it wouldn't cover every possible sin ever committed.  A regular man would die, if he was punished for just my sins.  Imagine 1 man being punished for EVERYONE's sins!  So, how can it be an infinite atonement, where the punishment, which is infinite, wouldn't kill the man?  Well, the man must be immortal.  Enter Jesus.  Born of Mary, a virgin, and God, on earth, he was half-god.  Why? Because his father was God.  He lived his life perfect, as an example of what God wishes us to do, to return to him.  In the garden of Gessemenee, (spelling?) he suffered for every single sin, ever committed, by anyone, ever, on earth.  He was punished for every sin... so that the sins we commit, were paid for, by him.  In this matter, we are washed clean, by his blood, and may now return to our perfect state in heaven, having lost all the bad sins committed on earth.  Jesus withstood the pain, because he was immortal, a son of his father, in the physical sense... that's why his physical body could stand the pain, he was the physical son of his father. Nobody else could have done this for everyone, without dying, unless they were immortal.  We are all spirit children of god, as is Jesus's spirit, but only Jesus is PHYSICALLY god's son.  

Jesus did not get killed by this... on the cross, he 'gave up' his soul, remember?  When they stabbed him with the spear, water, then blood fell out, signifying that he was already dead.  He said "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do" as the ultimate act of forgiveness, the 'gave up' his soul to his father.  The clouds darkened, the thunder rolled, the curtain in the temple ripped, the ground shook. The centurion said "Surely, this is the son of god" as did half the people there, because they realized that nobody could just 'let' themselves die like that.  The old testament prophesized that he would come, and would die on the cross, without having his legs broke.  What this means is that people used their legs to hold themselves up on the cross (they basically stood on the cross), and to keep themselves breathing.  The romans would break their legs to kill them... without lifting themselves up, they couldn't breathe.  Jesus was dead long before they had to break his legs, because he let himself die... he could not be killed, he was immortal.

The Jewish faith was god's people.  Their religion had been corrupted though, as seen in the temples.  The sick weren't allowed in, etc. which is why Jesus nurtured and healed the sick.  Children weren't allowed in, even though Jesus teaches are "Blessed are the children, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" and that no man can be saved, unless he becomes like a child (pure, clean, innocent, loving).

Jesus, through Joseph, (his earth father, but not genetically) was the genetic king of the jews.  They were direct descendants of Solomon.  Jesus realized the hypocrasy of the Jewish faith (at the time) and that's why their was all the trouble with him in the temple, etc.  I've read somewhere that the Jewish population at the time was the only one on the earth corrupt enough to kill their own King, and it looks like that was prophetic too.

Jesus overcame sin by being punished in Gessemmenee.  He also overcame death.  While your spirit, good, or evil, never dies, your body does.  By Jesus fullfilling his father's plan, he was resurrected by his father on the 3rd day; and thus received an eternal, perfect body, just like his fathers.  They now exist in heaven, waiting on the rest of us.  When armageddon occurs, Jesus will return to earth, invincible, eterrnal, perfect, and reclaim the earth for the good sons and daughters of his father, and banish the evil to 'outer darkness' (ha) forever.   At that time, people who have died, and are worthy, will be resurrected.. their spirits, now in 'the spirit world' will return to their bodies, their bodies will be made perfect, and they will be eternal, like their elder brother.  The people still alive on the earth at that time will simply twinkle, and be eterenal, with perfected bodies.  The evil will live forever, with no body, as spirits, in eternal darkness.  

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2002, 01:26:15 PM »
Only thing I can do is this.  I don't understand the jewish position... I don't totally understand the traditional trinity christian view... all I can express is My personal, Latter Day Saint, Christian view.

We all existed before the world began.  God had us as his 'spiritual children', we all lived with him.  The eldest son was Jesus.  He was almost as his father was... perfect.  The rest of us were in varying degrees of glory.  Personally, I feel i was no where near perfect.  lol.  (Oh, and i'm speaking on EVERYONE that has ever came to earth, even Hitler).  Anyways, God, like any father, wants us to grow and be better than him.  (which is impossible, since he's perfect, but still, he wants us to be perfect, too, what father doesn't?).

God has a body.  We don't.  So, God , in his infinite wisdom, holds a council, where everyone is present.  We're living in paradise, but we have no choice in the matter, we have to love our father.  We cannot grow, because we have no choice.  It's like if a woman is married in Afganistan, her husband doesn't know if she loves him, truly, because she has no choice.  Feel me?  So, God puts forth a plan.  We will all come to earth, and receive a body here.  Since our spirits are eternal, we will never die.  By receiving our body, we will be like our father even more (remember we were created in 'god's image').    Also, when we enter earth, we will have a veil placed over us, so we don't know god.  It is up to us to find god, and actively choose him (good) on earth, as opposed to being wicked.  In short, to follow our hearts, which are divenly good.  

God knows we are gonna commit sin with the veil over us.  So, somehow, we must repent.  We cannot do that ourselves, we need someone to help us.  In steps Satan.  He says (as god's favorite angel, and his son, like us) I will go, father, and save every single persons soul, they will have no choice, and the glory will be mine.  Jesus, our elder brother, steps forward, and says, "I will go, father, and they will have a choice.  Many souls will be lost, but the glory will be thine".  God chooses Jesus's plan (Maybe it took 200 million years to decide? who knows), and 1/3rd of heaven chose to follow satan, and not come to earth.  2/3rd's of heaven chose to follow Jesus's plan, and come to earth.  Every single one of us that has ever came to earth, choose this plan, knows of this plan, and has simply forgotten it.  Hitler, at one time, choose to come to earth for the glory of god.

Satan would like nothing better than to turn us against our father, and for us to fail, and never return to his presence, because he cannot return there.  When you fall, you always grab out for someone else to fall with you, it makes you feel better.  

Anyways, since sin would be committed on earth, someone needed to atone for our sin.  It had to be someone that could commit an INFINITE atonement, or else, it wouldn't cover every possible sin ever committed.  A regular man would die, if he was punished for just my sins.  Imagine 1 man being punished for EVERYONE's sins!  So, how can it be an infinite atonement, where the punishment, which is infinite, wouldn't kill the man?  Well, the man must be immortal.  Enter Jesus.  Born of Mary, a virgin, and God, on earth, he was half-god.  Why? Because his father was God.  He lived his life perfect, as an example of what God wishes us to do, to return to him.  In the garden of Gessemenee, (spelling?) he suffered for every single sin, ever committed, by anyone, ever, on earth.  He was punished for every sin... so that the sins we commit, were paid for, by him.  In this matter, we are washed clean, by his blood, and may now return to our perfect state in heaven, having lost all the bad sins committed on earth.  Jesus withstood the pain, because he was immortal, a son of his father, in the physical sense... that's why his physical body could stand the pain, he was the physical son of his father. Nobody else could have done this for everyone, without dying, unless they were immortal.  We are all spirit children of god, as is Jesus's spirit, but only Jesus is PHYSICALLY god's son.  

Jesus did not get killed by this... on the cross, he 'gave up' his soul, remember?  When they stabbed him with the spear, water, then blood fell out, signifying that he was already dead.  He said "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do" as the ultimate act of forgiveness, the 'gave up' his soul to his father.  The clouds darkened, the thunder rolled, the curtain in the temple ripped, the ground shook. The centurion said "Surely, this is the son of god" as did half the people there, because they realized that nobody could just 'let' themselves die like that.  The old testament prophesized that he would come, and would die on the cross, without having his legs broke.  What this means is that people used their legs to hold themselves up on the cross (they basically stood on the cross), and to keep themselves breathing.  The romans would break their legs to kill them... without lifting themselves up, they couldn't breathe.  Jesus was dead long before they had to break his legs, because he let himself die... he could not be killed, he was immortal.

The Jewish faith was god's people.  Their religion had been corrupted though, as seen in the temples.  The sick weren't allowed in, etc. which is why Jesus nurtured and healed the sick.  Children weren't allowed in, even though Jesus teaches are "Blessed are the children, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" and that no man can be saved, unless he becomes like a child (pure, clean, innocent, loving).

Jesus, through Joseph, (his earth father, but not genetically) was the genetic king of the jews.  They were direct descendants of Solomon.  Jesus realized the hypocrasy of the Jewish faith (at the time) and that's why their was all the trouble with him in the temple, etc.  I've read somewhere that the Jewish population at the time was the only one on the earth corrupt enough to kill their own King, and it looks like that was prophetic too.

Jesus overcame sin by being punished in Gessemmenee.  He also overcame death.  While your spirit, good, or evil, never dies, your body does.  By Jesus fullfilling his father's plan, he was resurrected by his father on the 3rd day; and thus received an eternal, perfect body, just like his fathers.  They now exist in heaven, waiting on the rest of us.  When armageddon occurs, Jesus will return to earth, invincible, eterrnal, perfect, and reclaim the earth for the good sons and daughters of his father, and banish the evil to 'outer darkness' (ha) forever.   At that time, people who have died, and are worthy, will be resurrected.. their spirits, now in 'the spirit world' will return to their bodies, their bodies will be made perfect, and they will be eternal, like their elder brother.  The people still alive on the earth at that time will simply twinkle, and be eterenal, with perfected bodies.  The evil will live forever, with no body, as spirits, in eternal darkness.  

woha, thanks a lot  ;D

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2002, 11:08:21 PM »
think i;m right on this one....

jews + christians follow the old testament

jews reject the new testament, whereas christians embrace that too.

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2002, 11:11:38 PM »
Yup.  Exactly.  And Mormons follow old, new, and book of mormon.  And don't catholics use the 'apocraphy' a selection of books removed from the bible?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Confusing, LOL.