Author Topic: Question for Jews and Christians  (Read 854 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re: Question for Jews and Christians
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2002, 01:34:54 AM »
The thing I don't understand is how anyone can be a Protestant?

Cause if you know your history, that religion is a joke
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2002, 09:04:15 AM »
:o

All 'christian' chutches but catholics and mormons stem from the protestant chutch.  It's the largest denomination chutch by far in the u.s.

TheSheriff

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2002, 09:19:26 AM »
Yeah Trauma, we use the Apocraphies. Some are included in the New Jerusalem Bible, like Wisdom.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2002, 10:38:30 AM »

All 'christian' chutches but catholics and mormons stem from the protestant chutch.  It's the largest denomination chutch by far in the u.s.

How does Catholicism stem from Protestantism if the Catholic church began with its first Pope St Peter in the year 1AD and the Protestant church began in the 1500s with Henry the Eighth?

TheSheriff

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2002, 10:43:46 AM »
Jay, read the fuckin things before you post. He said Catholicism did NOT stem from Protestantism.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2002, 10:53:10 AM »
Oh shit sorry I'm making a fool of myself now
I got the wrong meaning of the word 'but'

Sorry guys, especially Trauma

But I hope you get my main point now lol Which was about the origins of the Protestant church

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Question for Jews and ChristiansFulfillment
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2002, 01:22:08 PM »
The Protestant church really in the old B.C. type sense of religion have any true truth. But it does preach about God, and Jesus our savior, so if it helps a couple of people find God, ten so be it. The Catholic church is the main CHURCH of the world. Trauma, you state that most the U.S. is Protestant, though the largest Christian chuch in the world is Catholics. Now some say Muslum is the largest religion in the world, but that is false because there are 2. something million Christian, if you include Catholic, though most seperate the denomation because they always fight. But Protestant does serve it's purpose as reaching people in the modern era that Catholism can't get. The church serves the modern day sense of religion, and that is the fulfilment of the man. Not necessarily the truth, but the fulfilment of a mans spirit.

TheSheriff

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2002, 01:26:34 PM »
He means billion, me thinks.

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2002, 01:46:04 PM »
The reason Jesus is rejected by the Jews is because they were looking for (and still are) looking for a leader that would be triumphant and become King. Jesus wasn't like that. He wasn't rich and he didn't have anything on earth that made him stand out. If you look at what he did at a spiritual point of view and even the Old Testament, he fufills everything he was suppose to do, eventhough he looked like just a comman man.

That's why I don't understand how Jews can't believe Jesus was the Messiah. He fufilled the prophecies from the Old Testament but yet he still gets rejected. Who else has done that? Only Jesus
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Big FC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im really fucking random.. and too swift on my toes to get caught up with you hoes..
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2002, 01:53:56 PM »
anyways, my personal christian take on wha i believe to be the question here... at the time of jesus' birth.. there was john the baptist and his whole side movement.. which was not the mainstream jewish belief, tho it did hav a decent following.... anyways john the baptist preached that the prophecy was to be fulfilled and that the son was to be born soon.. jesus was the fulfillment of old testament prophecy.. the prophecies of juadeism.. jesus, was jewish, but he was above the limitations that man had placed upon the jewish religion.. he was the promised one that the jewish people had been anticipating for thousands of years.. as he is, was, and will always be god's son as well as god himself, he wasn't limited to the pharisees (the jewish ruling council of the time, very corrupt, well there was the sagacies(?) and some other groups i think but the pharisees were the main ones) restrictions....the pharisees added tons and tons of rules to the ten commandments and thus corrupted god's perfect word...anyways.. jesus actually followed judaeism...he came from the davidic line (obviously jewish by ethnicity)... the main point is jesus coming to earth was the end of the book of judaeism and the opening of a new one.. the old rules no longer applied.. jesus' birth changed all of that... all the jews now had to do was follow jesus and they were following "judaeism".. hope i broke it down fo y'all.... surry but no offense to trauma, i wanted to break it down from a nonmormon perspective..
I ain't a killer but don't push me, revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy - Makaveli, RIP
And when we making n*gga shit always makin a killin, i be hearin you bitches there go the villain.. - MC Ren

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2002, 02:03:20 PM »
The thing I don't understand is how anyone can be a Protestant?

Cause if you know your history, that religion is a joke

why is that a joke??

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2002, 05:33:31 PM »
Jay-ay-bee...how can preaching just the simple facts and truths straight from the bible be a joke?

i don't get that.....catholics (i'm not dissing any catholics) believe in and do  stuff that ain't even in the bible, and the bible CLEARLY states no one shall take away or ADD to the bible

that's the simple fact why im not catholic no more and go to a non denominational church where they just preach out of the bible

why pergatory....where in the bible does it mention this...no where

why do we need to go to the preacher to confess our sins and say a certain amount of prays to be forgiven , when jesus died for our sins so we WOULDN"T have to do that and just ask GOD for forgivness?

i'm not knocking catholosm at all, but y add to the bible when it clearly says NOT to?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:R-E-L:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R-E-L...comin w/ that punk rap!  
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2002, 05:42:35 PM »
Jesus was Jewish.....

He began being a teacher and interpreter....

He philosophied and interpreted the bible and "read between the lines" and his teachings (after his death) became Christianity.....

And now CHRISTIANS overpopulate JEWS
Straight Outta Muthafuckin So. Kaliforn-i-a
909 805 310 323 213 818 661 949 714 609 415 619 562

TheSheriff

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2002, 05:45:28 PM »
Jake, the Catholic bible is effectively the New Jerusalem Bible. It includes the Apocryphals.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2002, 06:01:29 PM »
pergatory is mentioned in the book of macabee, which is one of the Apocrypha.

From a bible website about the Apocrypha.
"Protestantism, following Martin Luther, removed the deuterocanonical books from their Bibles due to their clear teaching of doctrines which had been recently repudiated by Protestants, such as prayers for the dead (Tobit 12:12, 2 Maccabees 12:39-45 ff.; cf. 1 Corinthians 15:29), intercession of dead saints (2 Maccabees 15:14; cf. Revelation 6:9-10), and intermediary intercession of angels (Tobit 12:12,15; cf. Revelation 5:8, 8:3-4). We know this from plain statements of Luther and other Reformers"

If these were the original Bible, why would a man take them out. If you believe in the Bible as the word of the Lord, than this is the word of the Lord. The Prayers for the Dead are for people in pergatory.

As for confession, that is one thing the Catholic church believes, as I figure it more like old school counsling. Basically you should be able to confide with your priest if anybody in this world. So we have confession, as afterwards I do feel a hell of a lot better just telling someone my busness without getting jugded. But it is not forced.

But when it come to Protestants, as I said, whatever brings people closer to God, but I question how they changed the Bible, as once it was a certain way, as the world of the Lord, then it was change because ONE MAN, Martin Luther, who was a priest but not a profit, disagreed with what was written. Why, because after studing Lutherism in a Luther college, Protestants it seemed needed more than the Catholic church, which is understandable. But they felt they need to also take out books of the bible, and also wanted to take out Job and Jonah and Ecclesiastes, and Job is considered one of the most influental books in the Bible, as it deals with God punishing a man that is a true devoted person, to show the Devil that man does love God. I can agree with the modernization the Christain religion has gained with Protestism, but I can't agree with them wanting to change the word of the Lord, and by doing this also getting rid of pergatory, because even if you get rid of the book that states there is a pergatory, it's still there in truth.

A web site by a person that can explain the Apocrypha better than me.

http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ110.HTM