Author Topic: Muslims aren't permitted to play the Adan but Christians can ring church bells.  (Read 312 times)

Eazy-E RuthlessG

Re:Muslims aren't permitted to play the Adan but Christians can ring church bel
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2004, 08:08:05 AM »
infinite dont even bother replying to that dood, hes seriously like 12 or 11 and rides the short bus to school
i could give a mad ass fuck what u say
Then ignore his reply.
just tellin him

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2004, 09:07:08 AM »
somebody just caught a ban..  :D

Doggystylin

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 10:25:44 AM »
somebody just caught a ban..  :D

haha  8)

West C. Connected

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 01:04:13 PM »
Jamil Al Amin had a loud speaker and was playing the Adan (Muslim call to prayer) and he got shut down by the cops.  It was playing no louder than the church bells we hear everyday.  In any Muslim country you hear the call to prayer 5 times a day.  Then Muslims file in in close ranks to perform group (jammat) prayer; shoulder to shoulder.  It's 27 times more valuable for men to pray this way in a group.

Since we are not aloud in this country due to religious descrimination to play the adan over the loud speaker, many times we have to yell, or call it out.

Maybe it was prohibited because of the words.  And in that case they have some justification because bells are just bells, but the Adan mentions in Arabic that Allah is the greatest and Muhammad is his prophet and messenger, and urges everyone to heed the call to prayer and success.

It's fucked up yeah, but oohh man I always hated those things..
It always woke me up at 5 AM in Indonesia (My hooomee countraaayyyyyy) whenever I was on vacation.. But yeah, I think he's allowed to do that shit.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2004, 03:52:17 PM »
Jamil Al Amin had a loud speaker and was playing the Adan (Muslim call to prayer) and he got shut down by the cops.  It was playing no louder than the church bells we hear everyday.  In any Muslim country you hear the call to prayer 5 times a day.  Then Muslims file in in close ranks to perform group (jammat) prayer; shoulder to shoulder.  It's 27 times more valuable for men to pray this way in a group.

Since we are not aloud in this country due to religious descrimination to play the adan over the loud speaker, many times we have to yell, or call it out.

Maybe it was prohibited because of the words.  And in that case they have some justification because bells are just bells, but the Adan mentions in Arabic that Allah is the greatest and Muhammad is his prophet and messenger, and urges everyone to heed the call to prayer and success.

It always woke me up at 5 AM in Indonesia (My hooomee countraaayyyyyy) whenever I was on vacation.. But yeah, I think he's allowed to do that shit.

You're from Indonesia? I'm doing a project at school right now on it. Seems like one dope country.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

West C. Connected

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2004, 02:02:26 AM »

You're from Indonesia? I'm doing a project at school right now on it. Seems like one dope country.

Yeah I'm Indonesian I go there like every 2 years though I visit Thailand a lot now.
Indonesia's aiite... Love it to visit... Wouldn't wanna live there.
Most of my family there is rich though. ;D My uncle's a general.