Author Topic: How was your education in high school  (Read 720 times)

HBKid_Jr

How was your education in high school
« on: April 11, 2002, 07:48:40 PM »
Honestly,  for those in high school or graduated how would u of rated your education.  It bothers me when i see every1 else say we learned this in school,  an it something we never ever touched apon.  There's stuff that u guys say they told you in school,  an in my highschool it was something they never told tha whole truth about.  In school,  i always thought i was one of tha smarter ones,  i see it in my classes,  when i mention something an no1 has a clue about what im talking about.  Like in my english class,  no1 knew what a narrative song was.  I was like,  how stupid can some people be.  Than i come to tha board an see all tha knowledge tha other highschoolers in this board drop an i feel like a fuckin idiot.  i am startin to believe that tha NY education is a lot weaker than tha rest of tha country thinks.  In city schools,  it was something like 50%-60% of high school kids couldnt read a clock.  I remember last year in english i knew who machiavelli was in one class, every1 looked at me like i had 3 eyes.  I want an honest view,  no bullshit on how u learned shit cuz u hated high school,  honestly,  how would u of rated ur high school education
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: How was your education in high school
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2002, 07:52:55 PM »
Piss poor out out of a state that is 50th overall in the nation. Let's put it like this, California has the worst schools in the U.S., and we were in the 30% of that. You do the math. And I'm struggling in college well others around me suceed, makes me feel like I was never meant to leave San Bernardino and get out that place. Makes me believe that there is a system to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. But we were kids, why punish us?

MidnightPills

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2002, 07:54:56 PM »
m dogg.. call home soon... dad needs to talk to you.. since you don't have you AIM on!! ;)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2002, 07:55:01 PM »
all i wanna say is that, back in the middle east, i used to have indian education system, and that was a LOT tougher than the shit they teach here, and a LOT more complicated, plus everyone there knew about the world, but when i came to canada, no one here knows shit about ANYTHING, like they think the middle east is in pakistan or africa or sumtin.....
N even the newspapers, back where i used to live the newspapers had WORLD news, and all dat shit, here in canada, its mostly focused on usa/canada .....

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2002, 08:14:30 PM »
Face it, U.S. public education sucks, LOL.  I slid through the system as low key as possible, and didn't learn anything I didn't want to, ha.

Tom - You always say you're ignorant, and things, but you have an incredible knowledge of baseball.  That's how we are, we learn what we are interested by.  School didn't interest me too much, so I just did the minimum to get by, and studied what I wanted (Egypt, religion, love, music, guitar, classic cars, etc.)

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2002, 08:38:57 PM »
I honestly believe I've learned as much as I can from the school system. I still study hard and everything but it's nothing but review.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2002, 01:56:04 PM »
well right now i'm stil in school, and yeah i used to lvie in Peru and their education seemed to be tougher but here in Arizona, OMG so many dumb people, we are a dumb state but i seem to be doing good and i'm learning stuff, and i'm learning the most i can and i'll just have to see where it will take me

budsmokeronly

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2002, 03:00:17 PM »
I live in cali and my highschool really sucked education wise.  It was really ridiculous.  I always got good grades and learned some stuff like a lot of math, and some other things.  But for the most part much of it was wasted time.  Some subjects that I had to take classes in have no relevance to my life.  But the fact of the matter is that if you want to get a decent job nowadays you need to have a college degree.  You also learn a lot of bullshit in college too.  The best education you can get is just from life experiences, not from a damn book.

PakiGangsta

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2002, 03:28:41 PM »
all i wanna say is that, back in the middle east, i used to have indian education system, and that was a LOT tougher than the shit they teach here, and a LOT more complicated, plus everyone there knew about the world, but when i came to canada, no one here knows shit about ANYTHING, like they think the middle east is in pakistan or africa or sumtin.....
N even the newspapers, back where i used to live the newspapers had WORLD news, and all dat shit, here in canada, its mostly focused on usa/canada .....

-{bLaDe}

well no offence or nething.........but i beleive Pakistan iz Middle East........not kaz we have 24 % Arab population....but for alot of other reasons too.........not alot of people kno that.

eZ

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2002, 03:42:16 PM »

well no offence or nething.........but i beleive Pakistan iz Middle East........not kaz we have 24 % Arab population....but for alot of other reasons too.........not alot of people kno that.

eZ

I lived in the middle east, where there was a skool which has the indian education system..

And pakistan is not a part of the middle east, it consists of 15 countries, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2002, 07:08:23 PM »
i find it sad that i have learned more on this board than i have in school over tha past 2 years

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2002, 07:55:19 PM »
California has the worst schools in the U.S

WORD......my skool's fuckin ridiculos, so many fools drop out and shit, Im tryin 2 get to some kinda state college but its so hard cause my skool is bullshit......Not alot of people get accepted from here unless they asian or something.......I hate tha educational bullshit......I have fun wit my boyz and them girls etc......but when it comes 2 education its HELL......I dun learn shit cause ive neva had an actual teacher that really gave a fuck about teaching.......I try 2 read them books and shit by myself and learn cause these teachers aint doin shit.......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

techniec

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2002, 09:46:49 AM »
fo real, like 3/4 of all the shit in my brain i learned outside of school, all that political nonsense and shit

as for Middle East,

the middle east typically consists of all the Arab countries plus Israel and Iran, however, they also MAY include Afghanistan, Egypt and Turkey by some definition

Pakistan is definitely NOT part of the middle east

Hittman

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2002, 09:54:37 AM »
i find it sad that i have learned more on this board than i have in school over tha past 2 years

Thats The Realest Thing I've Read In This Forum. You Way Saying Something About Narrative Songs Before, Well Most People In My Class Still Dont Know What A Fuckin Metaphor Is. Just From Coming Onto WCC And Reading All These Diffrent Opinons Has Enlightened Me.

infinite59

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2002, 03:40:19 PM »

-{bLaDe}

Public Schools in America only offer one course of study, and it's called, "The glorification of European Culture and Society."  The only other class is math.

They need to stop teaching American history, and start teaching world history, because your knowledge, and your potential for human growth, is limited when your only seeing 1/16 of the world.  It's like I was studying life through a microscope.  When there's so many other countries, idea's, religions, and culture's out there, that our schools here teach us are secondary.  Did you know that psychology is taught differently in Western Society then in Eastern?  The way we view ourselves as people is grafted and limited because of the psychology and studies in America.  This is damaging to us all.  Even in college I still encounter the same problems.  I'm in a music appreciation class.  The curriculum makes no mention of African, Native American, or Middle Eastern Music.  How is that possible?