Author Topic: How was your education in high school  (Read 693 times)

doggmastah

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • All hoez n ya kneez:make way fo tha masta of geez!
Re: How was your education in high school
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2002, 11:29:19 AM »
Face it, U.S. public education sucks, LOL.  I slid through the system as low key as possible, and didn't learn anything I didn't want to, ha.

Tom - You always say you're ignorant, and things, but you have an incredible knowledge of baseball.  That's how we are, we learn what we are interested by.  School didn't interest me too much, so I just did the minimum to get by, and studied what I wanted (Egypt, religion, love, music, guitar, classic cars, etc.)

^^ I love classic cars too... maybe we can talk about it one of these days!

To TOM: I AM A TEACHER... YALL KNOW... A FRENCH TEACHER IN PORTUGAL AN I CAN TELL YA THAT SCHOOL IS NOT SUPPOSED TO TEACH YA EVERYTHING BUT TO
"OPEN YOUR EYEZ TO THE WORLD AND GIVE U TOOLS TO INTERPRETATE WHAT HAPPENS, TO PREPARE U FOR A PARTICIPATIVE LIFE IN THE COUNTRY U LIVE".

i KNOW THAT SUM SCHOOLZ AN SUM TEACHERS DONT DO IT BUT KNOWLEDGE IS EVERYWHERE, AS LONG AS U CAN READ AND THINK U WILL LEARN TROUGH ALL YUR LIFE...
SEE, IN PORTUGAL AN IN MANY COUNTRIES U ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT RAP MUSIC IN YUR CLASSES... NEVERTHELESS I DO IT! wHY? SUM OF MY COLLEGUES ASK... TO ENLARGE MY STUDENTS HORIZONS...

sEE, IN FRANCE THERE ARE SUM RECORDS FORBIDDEN TO SALE CUZ THEY HAVE EXPLICIT LYRICS AN ARE CONSIDERED OFFENSIVE...
I PLAY THEM IN MY FRENCH CLASSES... wHY?
i PLAY SUM OF THE CLASSICS FROM FRANCE TOO...wHY?
i PLAY ANYTHING I CAN FIND IN FRENCH SO THEY CAN EXPAND THEIR HORIZONS AN AVOID THE "DENIAL BY IGNORANCE" SO THEY KEEP A OPEN MIND!

DAMN THIS WUZ TOO DAMN LONG!  

pEACE 1!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
PEACE1!

AMC- Spittin' from Portugal da French emcee!

Affiliated to the WSFC-West Side French Connection-

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2002, 11:47:05 PM »
school sucked.. I felt I was kept out of (most) higher groups not because I couldn't do the work / wasn't intelligent but because I was prone to yapping too much - I sank into apathy then... shit gotta lot better when I got to college I had to re-take a few things.. and I got em all.

ToNe1904

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2002, 12:01:28 AM »
Yah California has been known as havin the worst schoolz in tha country. We have tha worst Teacher to Student ratio, i think its close to 40 students per Teacher. And tha amount of qualified teachers is terrible. One reason is because there is just SO many people out here. By far the most populated state so tha schoolz r very over-crowded. Also, ask teachers around tha country...people just dont wanna come out here to teach. For one, start-up teachers get put in tha "bad schoolz", so no one wants to be there. And 2, teachers salaries arent that good, and tha cost of living in California (rent, gas, electricity, etc) is SO high...that its not worth it for them. My school wasnt TERRIBLE, but it wasnt great either. ALOTTA people who came outta my school...aint doin SHIT now. Either pregnant, locked up, or jus chillin n doin tha same dumb shit they did in high schoo.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2002, 02:23:57 AM »
I will tell you who is doing good though. Minnesota and Wisconson have two of the better schools in the nation. The kids in this school are smart, and have good work habit. As I'm studing to be a teacher so I can go back home and be one of the few good teachers, so for practice I get to go to the classrooms here. To get a teaching lissions here, it's harder as you got to graduate college with a 2.7 in your subject area, have so many hours of observing, and student teach. In Cali, you just have to past a test, so times do nothing but get on on emgericy credentials. As well going in the classroom, it seems that students are taught more stuff, and different ways to solve problems. Of course it's easier with less number of students. But Minnesota is going to have a downfall, as tax payers are refusing to start spending money on intercity schools. That's a bad thing they are starting, must be a Jesse Ventera thing. (the only wrestler for Governor.)

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2002, 07:49:00 PM »
American education sucks, but at least girls can go.

God bless america, god bless the president for trying, he's just a man.

If you feel like I do, put a flag in your avatar.

Peace~

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2002, 08:32:03 PM »
American education sucks, but at least girls can go.

man you have no idea how thankfull i am for that, LOL, THANK GOD for that!, lol, oh man.....if there werent hot girls in school no doubt id drop out, lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2002, 08:33:31 PM »
haha, I know, right?  And she doesn't have to wear a burka.  

Tha_Chozen_1

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2002, 08:34:06 PM »
lol

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2002, 08:37:39 PM »
Well because of the bad education, most of the kids r just in skool to chill, smoke,fuk bitches n drink.....WHICH in turn decides their future.....so basiclly bad education = bad country .... so the goverment n shit should really look into this..

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2002, 08:38:38 PM »
^^ I agree.  The government should be ALL ABOUT what they can do to help children excel in school.  

Doggystylin

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2002, 08:38:56 PM »
Well because of the bad education, most of the kids r just in skool to chill, smoke,fuk bitches n drink.....WHICH in turn decides their future.....so basiclly bad education = bad country .... so the goverment n shit should really look into this..

-{bLaDe}

naw actually its ok man, lol, cause aslong as i can have christa in my class, then its all good, no need for an education, lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2002, 08:53:50 PM »
^^ Man, the kids are our future, teach them well, and let them lead the way. HAHA

Really though, I'm all about kids.  Kids are as close to god as you can get.  Kids are what the world is all about, and Jesus said that if anyone harms a hair on a childs head, they would be better off to never have existed, since he will be our judge.  

Our government should do whatever it can to continue to strive to provide a good, free education for every child in america.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2002, 09:37:05 PM »
True... children are our future. That's why I'm going into education. I would love to see MORE FUNDING in schools, and equal funding. Most money goes to rich schools. But the argument is that they pay the taxes, so they should get the money. I think that school money should get evenly distrubited 'cause it ain't the kids fault he was born poor. But anyways, the United States though is in for big changes ahead. I can smell it. Something is going to happen that makes a positive change in the United States, and a lot of views will be cleared.

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2002, 09:43:50 PM »
^^ Hopefully, man.  I hope.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2002, 10:43:33 PM »
my school's aright, it doesn't suck as much as other people's on here , from what they say anyways, but at my school i've noticed that the education you get is based upon how much effort you put into it. theres 3 levels

general-kids who don't want to learn

College Prep-kids who want to learn but not a whole lot

GATE/Honors- kids who are litterally obsessed with learning

i've been in all 3 levels and honestly ANYONE can be in the 'smart classes' you just got to put forth effort

that's what i think it is, and why kids here in america , get bad scores and all that....becuase we don't have to put forth that much effort in highschool , as opposed to china where kids HAVE to get A's

i think what it tricles down to is motivation and effort, if there was more of that the subjects we study in school would be better, school is what you make it

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09