Author Topic: If u dont believe in any god post here  (Read 984 times)

Suga Foot

Re: If u dont believe in any god post here
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2002, 06:01:06 PM »
Read:

In science, a theory is a rigorously tested statement of general principles that explains observable and recorded aspects of the world. A scientific theory therefore describes a higher level of understanding that ties "facts" together. A scientific theory stands until proven wrong -- it is never proven correct. The Darwinian theory of evolution has withstood the test of time and thousands of scientific experiments; nothing has disproved it since Darwin first proposed it more than 150 years ago. Indeed, many scientific advances, in a range of scientific disciplines including physics, geology, chemistry, and molecular biology, have supported, refined, and expanded evolutionary theory far beyond anything Darwin could have imagined.

I found some VERY interesting stuff here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/religion/faith/index.html

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2002, 06:04:50 PM »
Evolution.....it all started with the Big Bang...but who caused that?

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Don Seer

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2002, 09:33:26 PM »
Tone, i've already told you: Thomas Aquinas proved god's existance at least 5 times, if you need to go that way.  At least 3 of them, to me, are irrefutable evidence that god exists.

Blade: Very, very, very well put.  I agree with nearly everything you said, especially, very, very especially the part about us not being mature enough to totally comprehend god, and that we as children grow.  That's a very latter day saint belief, as well as a Sikhism belief.  Awesome.

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/100203.htm

^-- that doesn't prove anything to me

anything in a 'gray' area is just put down to god to make ppl comfortable.

just because science doesn't know everything (which is the fun of the chase for a scientist) doesn't mean that 'god' did it.

LOL.. just found this guy 'arguing with Christians is a hobby of mine'
http://home.talkcity.com/librarydr/eztoamuse/

theres some interesting stuff there.. especially (to me) on how christians 'bit' stuff from older eygyptian tales.

ToNe1904

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2002, 10:56:38 PM »

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/100203.htm

^-- that doesn't prove anything to me

anything in a 'gray' area is just put down to god to make ppl comfortable.

just because science doesn't know everything (which is the fun of the chase for a scientist) doesn't mean that 'god' did it.

theres some interesting stuff there.. especially (to me) on how christians 'bit' stuff from older eygyptian tales.

^^Overseer got his head on strait! lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2002, 01:53:57 AM »
All the stuff about christians 'biting' something can either be chalked up to

1. Prophesy being fulfilled.  I.E., God revealed his religion a piece at a time; for example, the religion in the old testament involved sacrifices, etc. but after Jesus was crucified, it was no longer necessary.  That's why you have things that christians do AFTER christ, that weren't done by the jewish/christian religion before christ.

2. Latter Day saints fully acknowledge the perversion of christianity... for example, we don't believe christmas, nor easter, are accurate days for either event, and both are pagan holidays, even though we still celebrate them for principle.  We also don't believe in crucifixes, or crosses as symbols of Jesus, etc.

Thomas Aquinas to me was a genius.  I think his 'everything has a predetermined form' argument is irrefutable, but I guess you just refuted it, haha.

Joachim

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2002, 02:35:55 AM »

Woah, this cat got me questioning my religion, thats pretty dope, lots of interesting information...

Don Seer

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2002, 03:28:17 AM »
i just learned something from that site.. I never really knew what an Agnostic was, i just thought it was like an Atheist... which it is, but theres a difference.

Atheism: The belief that there are no gods.

Agnosticism: The belief that the nature of a god, including its existence, is ultimately unknowable.

Not quite sure where I fit.. probably in both catergories depending on the issue at hand.

The thing that irks me the most about the form of modern christianity are the many 'interpretations' deviating from the original texts which corrupt and romanticise things.

doggmastah

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • All hoez n ya kneez:make way fo tha masta of geez!
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2002, 09:13:08 AM »

Atheism: The belief that there are no gods.

Agnosticism: The belief that the nature of a god, including its existence, is ultimately unknowable.

I fit.. probably in both catergories depending on the issue at hand.

Me too! Fo' sho'! ^^

Peace1!
PEACE1!

AMC- Spittin' from Portugal da French emcee!

Affiliated to the WSFC-West Side French Connection-

TheSheriff

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2002, 05:33:23 PM »
"You've never been to Paris (the moon, etc.) but you believe in that, don't you?

I've seen cities. I don't doubt that more exist, than I will visit in my lifetime. I've never, in all my life, experienced a spiritual being, a soul, a deity, or a convincing miracle. "

Direct proof the man is eating sour grapes. He can't find faith-real or fake or whatever-so he insults it. If he had been touched by God, he wouldn't be saying the same now, would he?

Science is a belief like any other. We must, in fact, believe and have faith that Darwin actually wrote his theory. We must, in fact, question whether anything we have seen we actually saw, for it may have been a figment of our imagination.

But "scientists" have enough faith in their path to assume Darwin existed and that he wrote his theory of evolution, and that the world has always existed, and they are not just dreaming.

"I feel pity for you.

This, from someone whose self-esteem is so low, you must invent an invisible god who loves you?"

And now he degrades himself further by simply insulting people.

The man destroys his own valid and credible argument by acting like a cretin to those who don't agree with him.