Author Topic: mmo2 risen 19.1% so far today!!!!  (Read 100 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
mmo2 risen 19.1% so far today!!!!
« on: February 23, 2004, 07:46:05 AM »
basically there are talks of a take over which has made the shares saw, i baught some back in august last year and they are now up 107% from what i paid the purchase price was 52.90 cureent price is 109.3!! i'll stop gloating now.

In London, mobile phone operator Mmo2 (UK:OOM: news, chart, profile) (OOM: news, chart, profile) jumped 18 percent to 108.25 after KPN, the Dutch telecom operator, over the weekend said it would consider pursuing a hostile takeover of the group after friendly talks collapsed Friday. On Monday its CEO softened that stand, saying the company is not presently mulling a hostile bid but reiterated interest in combining with O2.

O2 on Friday reportedly turned down an offer of 110p per share, or 9.5 billion pounds. KPN and O2 have long been in talks, though it had been previously speculated that the talks concerned O2's German unit, and not the company as a whole.

"As the reported offer price is within 15 percent of [its target], we expect talks - either friendly or hostile - to resume soon," said ABN Amro analyst Stuart Gordon.

Citigroup Smith Barney, however, said that investors may want to consider selling above 105p, on concerns over competitive risk as well as deal execution.

Peer Vodafone (UK:VOD: news, chart, profile) (VOD: news, chart, profile), far more likely a predator than prey, rose 1.4 percent.

Speculation that former owner BT (UK:BT: news, chart, profile) (BTY: news, chart, profile) may make an embarrassing but strategic bid for O2 helped pull shares of the fixed-line operator 0.4 percent lower.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?