Author Topic: Why rebel against tha system when we can BEAT it....  (Read 296 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Why rebel against tha system when we can BEAT it....
« on: February 08, 2004, 05:45:34 PM »
DEAD PREZ......I mean they are 1 of my favorite groups ever...but sometimes I really question tha shit they believe in....I mean they say when muthafucaz graduate out of high school, they are the equivelant of stupid, they are brain-washed, white-washed etc etc...they say they need freedom, they say let's go against authority, the system is bullshit etc etc...I agree, the system is fucked, ofcourse....but what's the solution here? how do we get free? by having our kids NOT goin 2 school? by joinin organizations? tha fuc is that gonna do? by having more black teachers? by re-doing these text books? please tell me what tha fuc are we suppose 2 do? I understand that these schools ain't teaching tha urban muthafucaz how to be leaders and help our communities....I agree....they teach shit dat won't help the mind frame of a strugglin muthafuca....true...but what are we really suppose 2 do? pretty much nothing will work....we just gotta get thru it and do it FOR US.....as individuals......To me, Dead Prez is complaining without presenting REAL solutions....they can't accept tha fact that THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS....I bump they shit all tha time, I feel it because alot of times, they say shit muthafucaz who gone thru that struggle can relate to....but at the same time, I believe they takin it too far and have no idea what they're really asking for....They always stress the fact that they are not free....but who tha fuck is free in this world? U either go thru the system or fuck up....rite? I mean do they have any idea what goes on in other countries? I talk shit about tha American Government all tha time because they do stupid shit....but does that mean they do less stupid shit than other countries? hell naw....sometimes they do stupid shit on a larger scale....but what tha fuc we gone do about it? we in tha streets....we complain and DATS IT....we can join organizations....but what tha fuc is that really gone do when we can spend that time makin money or having fun for ourself....it's survival of the fittest out here....and muthafucaz got no time to fight a losing battle.....I mean we can complain about how we in the inner city and ain't makin enuff money and government ain't supporting us etc etc.....but wat tha fuc is that really gonna do? once again....DATS THA WAY IT IS.....U complain, and dats it....dats how it's gonna be for tha rest of time.....what they really gotta do is teach muthafucaz how 2 BEAT tha system, not 2 rebel.....I mean after school ended, I could've easily been like 90% of tha muthafucaz I kno and tell myself 'mann, muthafucaz like us can never go to college, tha system is fuced'.....but what I did was, I told myself fuc wat these niggas sayin out here.....I went over there, sat wit the school leaders and told em....check this out....my family ain't got money but I wanna come over here and make something happen.....so U kno wat they did? gave me a lil thing called 'financial aide' which is gettin me thru shit rite now.....I see my boys workin at dead end ass jobs....$8 an hour or wuteva.....dat shit gone be OK for a couple years, but wat happens when yur moms tells U get tha fuc outta my house? how U gonna support yurself when U have no qualifications in doing anything? maybe sell drugs on tha side? maybe rap on tha side? maybe have some kinda side hustle? rite? no, fuc all that....Ima tell U rite now, going against tha system does not work.....BEATING it does.....I done sold my first dub sack of weed at 7th grade, sold my 1st ounce in 9th grade, sold ounces of coke in 10th grade to some rich white chicks dat were MY fiends, they got shit from me every friday till 1 of em ended up in tha hospital for goin krayzie with it...when I found out about that, my heart just dropped, like why tha fuc am I doin this 2 them? so I stopped....then I had 2 deal wit tha older locs that were supplying me with it, they was trippin and put word out on tha street that im a bitch, just cuzz I decided 2 stop cuzz I didn't wanna deal wit the guilt, I told myself I rather have no money than be responsible for some bitch ODing on me, those bitches that bought it from me still wanted to cop, they never learned they lessons cuzz they were fiends, addicts, but I guess I was tha bitch cuzz I decided 2 quit supplying, rite? not only U feel shitty inside but U reach a point where yur in too deep and don't wanna look like a bitch tryin 2 get out, and if U dont try 2 get out, U eventually drown....real talk.....I use to sell ecstacy in 11th grade for like a month till my patnas I did it wit got caught up and dat shit got so hot, it had me so paranoid....I couldn't sleep for nights thinkin they gone snitch me out but thank god they weren't no snitches and abided tha codes, which made em do some hard ass time for it....after that, I learnt my lesson....I been to tha juvenile hall and did time twice for different shit but it's a whole different world in tha Y.A.....don't slang drugs.....I done everyting anyone could possibly do on tha "side".....but none of that shit gets U anywhere.....trust that.....I done been doin this rap shit for ever, ever since 13 years old, finally I got some big connections and shits goin our way.....but I treat it as a hobby, in this life......U need a FOUNDATION.....according to Dead Prez, tha system don't teach us shit.....but dats like saying god made life hard..so fuc this life, ima complain till it gets better.....but how is it gonna get better if U don't make it better for yurself? it's all on U.....feel me? speak on it homies..................................i just came from a bbq and im high as hell, but my train of thought been on fire in tha past 2 days.....puttin yo thoughts out is tha only therapy that will work.....and maybe dats exactly what dead prez does, 4 tha sake of their own refreshment......who knows......

« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 05:52:47 PM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Why rebel against tha system when we can BEAT it....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 05:55:21 PM »
You have my unconditional respect for that Rod. Incredible argumentative essay. I am honestly impressed.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 05:58:38 PM »
dat wasn't no real essay, I said 'muthafuca' like 300 times now that I read it lolol......i just put wuteva came 2 my head.....cuzz I got pissed off readin shit dead prez was sayin in tha new murder dog an hour ago when I was takin a shit......

"keep yo eyes on tha prize, not tha thighs, nahhmeann....."

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 07:08:20 PM »
dat wasn't no real essay, I said 'muthafuca' like 300 times now that I read it lolol......i just put wuteva came 2 my head.....cuzz I got pissed off readin shit dead prez was sayin in tha new murder dog an hour ago when I was takin a shit......

"keep yo eyes on tha prize, not tha thighs, nahhmeann....."

Nah man that was definetly an essay. We just learned about argumentative essays at school, the more "standard" and "relaxed" types. Sure there was swearing, but the effect of an essay is still there. I thought it was a great read.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 07:44:22 PM »
That's some straight up real shit. I couldn't of put it better homie. Beat the system then try to change it if you got the power to do so. Don't just rebel against the shit because your fuckin' nobody over but yourself. Props homie.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 09:07:31 PM »
DEAD PREZ......I mean they are 1 of my favorite groups ever...but sometimes I really question tha shit they believe in....I mean they say when muthafucaz graduate out of high school, they are the equivelant of stupid, they are brain-washed, white-washed etc etc...they say they need freedom, they say let's go against authority, the system is bullshit etc etc...I agree, the system is fucked, ofcourse....but what's the solution here? how do we get free? by having our kids NOT goin 2 school? by joinin organizations? tha fuc is that gonna do? by having more black teachers? by re-doing these text books? please tell me what tha fuc are we suppose 2 do? I understand that these schools ain't teaching tha urban muthafucaz how to be leaders and help our communities....I agree....they teach shit dat won't help the mind frame of a strugglin muthafuca....true...but what are we really suppose 2 do? pretty much nothing will work....we just gotta get thru it and do it FOR US.....as individuals......To me, Dead Prez is complaining without presenting REAL solutions....they can't accept tha fact that THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS....I bump they shit all tha time, I feel it because alot of times, they say shit muthafucaz who gone thru that struggle can relate to....but at the same time, I believe they takin it too far and have no idea what they're really asking for....They always stress the fact that they are not free....but who tha fuck is free in this world? U either go thru the system or fuck up....rite? I mean do they have any idea what goes on in other countries? I talk shit about tha American Government all tha time because they do stupid shit....but does that mean they do less stupid shit than other countries? hell naw....sometimes they do stupid shit on a larger scale....but what tha fuc we gone do about it? we in tha streets....we complain and DATS IT....we can join organizations....but what tha fuc is that really gone do when we can spend that time makin money or having fun for ourself....it's survival of the fittest out here....and muthafucaz got no time to fight a losing battle.....I mean we can complain about how we in the inner city and ain't makin enuff money and government ain't supporting us etc etc.....but wat tha fuc is that really gonna do? once again....DATS THA WAY IT IS.....U complain, and dats it....dats how it's gonna be for tha rest of time.....what they really gotta do is teach muthafucaz how 2 BEAT tha system, not 2 rebel.....I mean after school ended, I could've easily been like 90% of tha muthafucaz I kno and tell myself 'mann, muthafucaz like us can never go to college, tha system is fuced'.....but what I did was, I told myself fuc wat these niggas sayin out here.....I went over there, sat wit the school leaders and told em....check this out....my family ain't got money but I wanna come over here and make something happen.....so U kno wat they did? gave me a lil thing called 'financial aide' which is gettin me thru shit rite now.....I see my boys workin at dead end ass jobs....$8 an hour or wuteva.....dat shit gone be OK for a couple years, but wat happens when yur moms tells U get tha fuc outta my house? how U gonna support yurself when U have no qualifications in doing anything? maybe sell drugs on tha side? maybe rap on tha side? maybe have some kinda side hustle? rite? no, fuc all that....Ima tell U rite now, going against tha system does not work.....BEATING it does.....I done sold my first dub sack of weed at 7th grade, sold my 1st ounce in 9th grade, sold ounces of coke in 10th grade to some rich white chicks dat were MY fiends, they got shit from me every friday till 1 of em ended up in tha hospital for goin krayzie with it...when I found out about that, my heart just dropped, like why tha fuc am I doin this 2 them? so I stopped....then I had 2 deal wit tha older locs that were supplying me with it, they was trippin and put word out on tha street that im a bitch, just cuzz I decided 2 stop cuzz I didn't wanna deal wit the guilt, I told myself I rather have no money than be responsible for some bitch ODing on me, those bitches that bought it from me still wanted to cop, they never learned they lessons cuzz they were fiends, addicts, but I guess I was tha bitch cuzz I decided 2 quit supplying, rite? not only U feel shitty inside but U reach a point where yur in too deep and don't wanna look like a bitch tryin 2 get out, and if U dont try 2 get out, U eventually drown....real talk.....I use to sell ecstacy in 11th grade for like a month till my patnas I did it wit got caught up and dat shit got so hot, it had me so paranoid....I couldn't sleep for nights thinkin they gone snitch me out but thank god they weren't no snitches and abided tha codes, which made em do some hard ass time for it....after that, I learnt my lesson....I been to tha juvenile hall and did time twice for different shit but it's a whole different world in tha Y.A.....don't slang drugs.....I done everyting anyone could possibly do on tha "side".....but none of that shit gets U anywhere.....trust that.....I done been doin this rap shit for ever, ever since 13 years old, finally I got some big connections and shits goin our way.....but I treat it as a hobby, in this life......U need a FOUNDATION.....according to Dead Prez, tha system don't teach us shit.....but dats like saying god made life hard..so fuc this life, ima complain till it gets better.....but how is it gonna get better if U don't make it better for yurself? it's all on U.....feel me? speak on it homies..................................i just came from a bbq and im high as hell, but my train of thought been on fire in tha past 2 days.....puttin yo thoughts out is tha only therapy that will work.....and maybe dats exactly what dead prez does, 4 tha sake of their own refreshment......who knows......

One of the most intelligent posts I've ever seen on here, props.  Probably the most 100% accurate, clear eyed, truthfull realistic view of life anybody's ever posted here.  I agree 110%, ever line you said.  It's a feeling, a mood, and once you get it, you can excel at everything.  Once you understand what you're up against, you can play any system you run into.  Props.  

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 09:35:17 PM »
lol shieet......well thank u all....

COMING IN 2008.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 09:58:58 PM »
first of all you need to break that mothafucka down into paragraphs readin that shit was harder than a mothafucka

but damn mothafucka that was some real shit, well i be damned, rodzilla is schoolin mothafuckaz in the mothafuckin political wayz and teachin some shit about society, but naw to be real bout the mothafucka, it was a good mothafuckin read, and you know i agree with the mothafucka, so good shit mothafucka. like in the words of mothafuckin jay z plus a mothafucka, what mothafuckin more can i say?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 09:59:21 PM by Doggy aka Pitbull »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004, 10:05:21 PM »
GYEAAA MUTHAFUCAAA!

the end.

COMING IN 2008.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 05:33:58 PM »
Dead Prez is fuckin' retarded...I share the same views as you, Rod, but I don't wanna go to college (too lazy)...My Dad never went to college, and he owns his own business...My mom never went to college, and she makes hella bank as a Real Estate Agent...I'm just tryna' graduate high school, and see what's up from there...Oh yea, and Dead Prez are fuckin' morons...PeACe

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 06:49:33 PM »

*In Alonzo's word from Training Day......BOOM!!

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 11:29:03 PM »
I dunno about Dead Prez being retarted.....I find myself bumpin they shit every other day.....I luv they shit, but ofcourse I don't agree wit SOME of their bullshit beliefs and blows my mind when I read their interviews.....they exagerrate more than anything, but if U look deeply into it, there is some truth in that exagerration.....bottom line, music would be boring without these type of unique acts.....

COMING IN 2008.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 11:37:32 PM »
I dunno about Dead Prez being retarted.....I find myself bumpin they shit every other day.....I luv they shit, but ofcourse I don't agree wit SOME of their bullshit beliefs and blows my mind when I read their interviews.....they exagerrate more than anything, but if U look deeply into it, there is some truth in that exagerration.....bottom line, music would be boring without these type of unique acts.....

"The white man is the devil!!"

Nope...Not retarded at all... ::)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2004, 07:49:24 AM »
first of all you need to break that mothafucka down into paragraphs readin that shit was harder than a mothafucka

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?