Author Topic: Gay weddings.......what are your thoughts  (Read 741 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Gay weddings.......what are your thoughts
« on: February 24, 2004, 11:32:56 PM »
personally i think they should have the same rights as anyone else BBUUUUUUT i don't think they should try to rearange the meaning of marriage.  this is a slap in the face and is Sac-re-lig against all moral religions.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Woodrow

Re:Gay weddings.......what are your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 11:42:35 PM »
To tell you the truth, I don't give a damn what they do. Do I agree with it? Hell no. Should I impose my views on them? No. Should they impose their views on me? Nope.

Also, I think that it's lame that the those wack ass 9th circuit judges are doing all this bullshit. IMO they are hurting the cause rather than helping.

Just my 2 cents...

I think it'd make Jamal and Max much happier people...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 12:12:50 AM »
Next we'll be marrying farm animals... ::)

justice

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 12:55:37 AM »
well i dont really give a shit if they choose to get married, its up to, them if they aint doin shit to me i dont care what they do, but yeah i can see where ya'll comin from
OUTLAWZ 4 LIFE!!!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 04:01:07 AM »
personally i think they should have the same rights as anyone else BBUUUUUUT i don't think they should try to rearange the meaning of marriage.  this is a slap in the face and is Sac-re-lig against all moral religions.

I fully agree, that is the only logical, sane answer.  A marriage, by definition, is between a man and a woman.  I can't go have a kid.  Isn't that unfair?  I can't go to a geinicologist... (Hell, I can't even spell geinicologist)... isn't that unfair?  I can't go use the women's restroom, isn't that unfair? Hell, My rights are being violated!!! I'm being discriminated against!!!

Those would be the rantings of a liberal faggot.  They claim they're being discriminated against, but that's so much bullshit.  They have the same rights that I do... the right to marry a WOMAN.  They can't 'marry' another man, because the defintion of marriage has nothing to do with that!

It's like they're big babies that can't get their way.  I think they should be able to enter into some kind of contract or whatever so all the legal things are the same, but even that is probably too much.  Like I said, I have the right to marry a woman, and so do they.  They want to be fucking fruitcakes and change the equation to make marriage mean people can marry their sister, I guess, right?  I mean, if I can't marry my sister, I'm being discriminated against.  R. Kelly wants to marry a 12 year old girl.  he's being discriminated against.  Polygamists want to marry 3 people at the same time, they're being discriminated against.  Yes, I did just group faggots in the same category as child abusers and polygamists.  

Marriage is about 2 things.  It's not about love.  If you're in love, you can live together forever without being married, that's between you and your wife.  Marriage is about 1. religion, because it's a religious exercise that almost every religion promotes.  No religion promotes homosexuality, which is why homos don't get married! Simple as that.  2. Marriage is about being able to have children, in the eyes of God, righteously.  It's all about religion, folks! Religion says faggots are an abomination!  How, and why, do they want to get married?

What it comes down to is, marriage, in the hands of normal heterosexuals, has been reduced to nothing.  People get married and throw it away at the drop of a hat.  Britney Spears is married saturday and divorced monday.  Why? Because people have forgotten the religious aspects of marriage!  So now the next logical step is to let anybody get married.  

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 05:52:55 AM »
Fuk all religions.

I'm for legalizing marriage for gay couples and I don't support the constitutional amendment banning gay marriage by W.Bush. But I would support a gay adoption ban...thats just wrong.

Now all those Catholic priest can marry alter boys when they grow up.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 06:02:24 AM »
dont agree with gay "marriage", like in a church n shit.. however, I do agree that gay people have a right to form a legal union that gives them the same rights as married straight couples. if they wrap this up as a wedding, where its really a legal agreement/announcement, then thats fine.. wont piss on their parade, they are entitled to a happy day if they want to dress up just like the rest of us.

I don't agree with gay adoption, if a gay person has a child with a straight person then i think they should be allowed to raise the kid and shouldnt be descriminated against.

i also think the media should stop promoting homosexuality as being chic

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 06:19:33 AM »
dont agree with gay "marriage", like in a church n shit.. however, I do agree that gay people have a right to form a legal union that gives them the same rights as married straight couples. if they wrap this up as a wedding, where its really a legal agreement/announcement, then thats fine.. wont piss on their parade, they are entitled to a happy day if they want to dress up just like the rest of us.

I don't agree with gay adoption, if a gay person has a child with a straight person then i think they should be allowed to raise the kid and shouldnt be descriminated against.

What if there is a church that supports/acknowledges gay marriages?

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 06:27:47 AM »
depends on what the relevant religious texts say.. hell i dont count many splinter churches as seperate entities, they're just being awkward. lol

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004, 09:18:05 AM »
i think it should be banned

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2004, 09:48:15 AM »
First they have to find out if the word "Marriage" is a strictly religeous word.  If it is, the state can't change the definition.  The church and state have to remain separate; they can't tell eachother what to do.  I agree with Overseer, I think they should be able to form a legal union.  But it's up to the church if you can call it marriage or not.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2004, 11:16:05 AM »
Fuk all religions.

I'm for legalizing marriage for gay couples and I don't support the constitutional amendment banning gay marriage by W.Bush. But I would support a gay adoption ban...thats just wrong.

Now all those Catholic priest can marry alter boys when they grow up.
they cant mary in church, cause church is against gays, but i dont think church should be the only place to get married, thats why i fuckin hate usa, or many other places in the world, everything is about religion, christmas, marrige..., its hard as fuck to be an athiast and live a normal life, i dont agree and bleive in religion, and its like being foreced on me by the government...

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2004, 12:18:17 PM »
You also don't believe in grammar.  

Anyways, to an athiest, the only way to seperate church and state is for the government to promote the absense of religion.  The United States government will never do that.  You're not having a religion forced upon you, it's just that you want the government to promote the absense of religion, which they won't do.  Your religion is that there is no god.  You are 100% free to practice that religion, therefore your rights are not being violated.

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2004, 12:50:58 PM »

I agree 110%

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »
Just to clarify, so I don't get misinterpreted: I have no problem with gay people.  If they want to be gay, I think that's their choice, they're not hurting anybody else so it's none of my business.  And like I said earlier and O said, they should have the same legal rights as everybody else, but then again, if I don't get married, I won't have the same legal rights as married couples; so why should two gay guys living together have the same legal rights as married couples?