Author Topic: Gay weddings.......what are your thoughts  (Read 743 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Gay weddings.......what are your thoughts
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2004, 09:59:29 AM »
so being gay is a choice now.....now this is where your argument crumbles . Ask any gay person if being gay is a choice and they 'll tell you no. They're right, but they're wrong about being born that way....the only way you could be born is emotionally fragile which inflicted with traumatic event....from infancy on, wether they remember or not, can mentally screw up a person leading to such social disorders . for example kids who turn goth, kids who are quiet and scared to death to talk when present among others, homosexuality, beastiality, ect.

and what gives me credentials on this? well you two were almost right when you asked if my grandpa told me.....actually my grandma is a psych Doctor. Also shit was on the discovery channel and i saw some shit like this on TLC too about kids experiencing trauma early on in their life.

Why isn't your sexual preference a choice, I say choice not as an off teh cuff thing but as somethingnthey've gradually come to accept and realize.  I've seen shit on Discovery and TLC that has disproved the notion that every gay is mentally ill and/or been abused.  I'm not saying that none of the gays in the world ever experience some type of tauma but for you to sya that every single one has is just as wrong as that.  Ultimately it is a choice and a realization in their life, maybe it took something in their life to bring it out but those feelings do not come frm anywhere.  Gays are more likely to be Emotionally unstable until they realize their feelings but after that I doubt they are as fucked up after this than before.  And shy children experiencing some type of trauma?  Most children are shy when around completely new faces and are in fact silent after some type of major trauma but how fair is it to say all shy children are repressing something?  you are pinning a lot of common dispositoins in the world on childhood trauma...that is not fair.  Sadly though a lot of other things you mentioned such as beastiality is just fucked up...

you do a good job of trying to disagree with what i say then contradict that and agree with it

like the comercial says...buh buh buh buh buuuuuuuuuuuh , i'm luvin it

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

infinite59

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2004, 02:47:38 PM »
We would never accept homosexuality in the Islamic community.  Homosexuality decays at the very fiber of the community.  Marriage is one of the most blessed institutions in our religion.  Without it, there would be widespread corruption and confusion.  

You want to know why this is happening at such an alarming rate in this society?  Because a man is no longer defined from a woman.  We don't know our roles anymore.  A man is to be the leader of a household, period.  He is to have the final word (only after consultation with the woman and understanding).  A woman is supposed to be supportive, loyal, and inclined to her man.  The man and woman are to be garments of eachother.  The prophet Muhammad (saws) said that a man should be defined from a woman.  This is one reason that Muslim men don't wear ear rings and why we grow beards.  A man is to be defined from a woman.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2004, 10:34:09 PM »
i disagree with that ^

maybe it's because i was raised in a household full of women
maybe it's because i love girls more than pork chops and apple sauce

or maybe it's becuase i'm not muslum....

but i think a man and a woman united through marriage are that a union. equal shareholders you mights say. i don't think the man should have the final word, i think both should work things out. a man should be expected to uphold the same obligations as a woman ....maybe even more.

that's how you get and KEEP pussy  my friend

Trauma-san

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2004, 04:46:08 AM »
I dunno, I kind of agree with Infinite but not as militantly about the man/woman thing.  The best marriages I've seen are the ones where the men and women both have defined roles, and usually it does work better if there's some kind of respect for the man's authority; but blind authority doesn't work... It's kind of like June and Ward Cleaver.  You know Ward made all the decisions but June was the one whispering in his ear at night.  And if he ever tried to do anything just plain stupid you know she'd cut him off, lol.  

mauzip

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2004, 05:38:23 AM »
First of all I wanna say I don't believe in marriage. Gay couples should have the same rights as straight couples. It's not like gay people choose to be gay; they just are.
If you talk about the definition of marriage you could say it's something between a man and a woman and that's why a lot of people are against gay marriages. Here in Holland gay couples can marry and have exactly the same rights as straight couples and there have been no problems.
Now ask yourself: What if you'd have a word for 'gay marriage'. Would you still be against it? They already have the same rights if they live together and stuff.

infinite59

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2004, 05:40:29 AM »

First of all, it's not about keeping pussy, it's about marriage, and staying married to a woman you love and care for.  Second of all, the man has a great responsibility, he is obligated to provide for and protect his wife.  Any wealth he possesses is for the both of them.  If the woman still goes out and gets a job, then that money is hers for herself, to do with what she pleases.  So the man has great responsibility in maintaining and protecting his wife and family; In return she gives him his authority and dignity as a man.

And why don't you go and look up the divorce rate amongst the Islamic community.  Then compare it to your own community.  Then come back to me and we will talk.

West C. Connected

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2004, 02:07:03 PM »

First of all, it's not about keeping pussy, it's about marriage, and staying married to a woman you love and care for.  Second of all, the man has a great responsibility, he is obligated to provide for and protect his wife.  Any wealth he possesses is for the both of them.  If the woman still goes out and gets a job, then that money is hers for herself, to do with what she pleases.  So the man has great responsibility in maintaining and protecting his wife and family; In return she gives him his authority and dignity as a man.

And why don't you go and look up the divorce rate amongst the Islamic community.  Then compare it to your own community.  Then come back to me and we will talk.

lol Can't say you didn't bring up good points.

Trauma-san

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2004, 03:29:59 PM »
Mauzip, Your opinion isn't really relevant, because you don't even appreciate marriage, and you don't believe in God, the two are inseperably connected.  

Marriage evolved from religion, no society promotes that people should get married, but all religions do.  The only reason to get married in the first place is to uphold a religious ceremony.  You can get married by the justice of the peace, sure, but why would you get married, if you didn't believe that God wanted you to be married?  If you are in love with somebody, you don't have to marry them.  You can just live together happily ever after.  Since marriages are so easily broke, common sense will tell you the only purpose of a marriage is for religious reasons.  People simply believe that God wants you to marry off and start a family.  

Since ALL religions are against homosexuality; it really doesn't make much sense for Gay people to get married, lol.  
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 05:16:53 PM by I Just Wasn't Made For These Times »

West C. Connected

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2004, 04:21:40 PM »
^ Your opinion isn't really relevant, because you don't even appreciate marriage, and you don't believe in God, the two are inseperably connected.  

Huh who are you talking about? ???

Trauma-san

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2004, 05:16:32 PM »
^ Your opinion isn't really relevant, because you don't even appreciate marriage, and you don't believe in God, the two are inseperably connected.  

Huh who are you talking about? ???

Sorry, I was trying to reply to Mauzip, I didn't realize there was a 3rd page when I did it :(  Sorry about that.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2004, 12:24:12 AM »

this isn't about muslum VS secular.......if you examine the reasons for most divorces it's because of men trying too hard to be the head of the house hold. Alot of your muslum statistics are misleading, but that's another argument. BUT some PEOPLE are leaders and some arn't if i married a woman like rosanne (personality wise...not  appearance wise,lol, eeeeeew)  i'd have no problem letting her be head of the house. But at the same time i wouldn't mind having what eddie murphy was going to have in "coming to america"  (the arranged wife) willing to cater your every need and would do everything you said. BUT IMO i think a couple is stronger if they can both camand a household equally.

mauzip

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2004, 02:39:12 AM »
Mauzip, Your opinion isn't really relevant, because you don't even appreciate marriage, and you don't believe in God, the two are inseperably connected.  

Marriage evolved from religion, no society promotes that people should get married, but all religions do.  The only reason to get married in the first place is to uphold a religious ceremony.  You can get married by the justice of the peace, sure, but why would you get married, if you didn't believe that God wanted you to be married?  If you are in love with somebody, you don't have to marry them.  You can just live together happily ever after.  Since marriages are so easily broke, common sense will tell you the only purpose of a marriage is for religious reasons.  People simply believe that God wants you to marry off and start a family.  

Since ALL religions are against homosexuality; it really doesn't make much sense for Gay people to get married, lol.  

Blah, I know a lot of married couples that are atheist.

Trauma-san

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2004, 04:36:34 AM »
^ Ask them why they're married, it doesn't make any sense.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2004, 03:54:45 PM »
^ Ask them why they're married, it doesn't make any sense.  

They're married because they want to start a family...A normal family consists of a husband, a wife, and children...Idiot. ::)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2004, 02:23:05 PM »
fuck a gay marriage, botty man