Author Topic: O.G. Next Episode  (Read 2213 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re:O.G. Next Episode
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2009, 07:11:52 PM »
next episode og i would say was recoreded around the time of deep cover.not a leftover from doggystyle. just my opinion...out
how u know this?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: O.G. Next Episode
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2009, 07:21:15 PM »
a couple things about OG NE

1.  If a mastered CDQ version came out, the song could be better then Nuthin but a G Thang

2.  I'd take a mastered CDQ version on this song over Detox
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Blasphemy

Re:O.G. Next Episode
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »
next episode og i would say was recoreded around the time of deep cover.not a leftover from doggystyle. just my opinion...out
how u know this?
\
He doesn't. The Next Episode was recorded After The Chronic during the Doggystyle sessions. Its a reference to Nuthin but a G Thang's line from snoop "Tell the next Episode". That's why the OG has a similar laid back beat as Nuthin But a G Thang.Sadly, while Pressings for the Album with the Original Track listing had it on the back it was taken off because the sample they used wasn't able to get clearance. As Such it wasn't on the released version at the time..It was taken out at the last minute, so its not really leftover and was going to be on the album. Just they were forced and it got cut.

As for Gz up Hoez down. This was on the original album, but for the rerelease again a Sample clearance issue forced them to take it off. If I remember correctly they said the artist they sampled didn't want to pay some sorta Studio payment or something

Also because the album's time wasn't a full LP because of The Next Episode being taken off, Dr. Dre had to cut in all those Interlude type intro's in the tracks to make it a full LP time (which is about 45 or 55 minutes I think) at the last minute, or else Interscope was going to cut the deal off with the album.Those Skits, weren't apart of the song and were listed. For the release they just put em in the track if I remember right. lol

DoggyStyle had other cuts also (eventually released off other death row compilations/unauthorized albums.Dead man walking was one of em).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:43:48 PM by Blasphemy »

smile4menow

• 'G'
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2009, 10:30:26 PM »
NE was on advance promos of the album. FACT! If anyone knows any La DJ's who were big at the time, they have it. Im not 100% on this but I am pretty sure funk flex and one other NY dj has it also. Now everyone can go do homeworl lol

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2009, 05:08:21 AM »
what DEAD MAN WALKING songs were doggystyle cuts??
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mietek23

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2009, 07:16:53 AM »

None - there was a few cuts from LBC Crew album and some Doggfather era tracks but none from Doggystyle...

Blasphemy

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2009, 07:30:07 AM »

Anything released by snoop by suge was cuts from either Doggystyle, The Doggfather or even Dogg Pound sessions. All with out snoop's blessing, usually why the title was said to be a warning to snoop.Cause snoop had recorded these tracks under his timebased ironclad Contract, Suge owns the rights.

After The DoggFather was released, he refused to cut anymore, because of the death of Tupac, Dre's departure.He stopped recording cause his contract was up and was mainly done with Death Rows dwindling destruction, only few tracks, the Fuck Death Row is said to be the last thing he recorded under contract. That's when he left 4 No-Limit.

kuruptlon

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2009, 08:10:37 AM »

Anything released by snoop by suge was cuts from either Doggystyle, The Doggfather or even Dogg Pound sessions. All with out snoop's blessing, usually why the title was said to be a warning to snoop.Cause snoop had recorded these tracks under his timebased ironclad Contract, Suge owns the rights.

After The DoggFather was released, he refused to cut anymore, because of the death of Tupac, Dre's departure.He stopped recording cause his contract was up and was mainly done with Death Rows dwindling destruction, only few tracks, the Fuck Death Row is said to be the last thing he recorded under contract. That's when he left 4 No-Limit.

Your saying he recorded the song Fuck Death Row at Death Row records? you sure about that never heard that before.