Author Topic: O.G. Next Episode  (Read 2211 times)

Don Seer

Re:O.G. Next Episode
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 02:52:13 AM »
ohh that sounds odd.. go check.. i spent a while looking a while back.. so i'm pretty sure.. but ya never know if theres another single put out too :)

michael jackson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUC BEIN THE KING IM THE BOSS OF THE WEB/EAZYE KIP
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 03:05:59 AM »
post da mp3 hommies....
my haterz only mad cuz they bitch wanna toss her salad everytime she c'z me
adidas aka young roccs (all day i diss all slobz)
clattttttttttttttt clattttttttttttttttttttttt

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 03:09:28 AM »
I have ripped it from vinyl, but my vinyl rips dont come out too good :(

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 04:05:42 AM »
When you said they should have kept doggystyle, you acted like you were talking about the doggystyle CD with 'next episode'... I'm pretty sure "next episode" was one of the tracks that was actually recorded for "The Chronic" and was going to be towards the end of the CD but was dropped.  "Doggystyle" of course was going to be on "Doggystyle".  

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2004, 05:23:15 AM »
... I'm pretty sure "next episode" was one of the tracks that was actually recorded for "The Chronic" and was going to be towards the end of the CD but was dropped.

dont think so cuz there re doggystyle 12"s, tapes and cds out there that have next episode on the tracklist/backcover.

the chronic track u talkin bout was bitches aint shit which was pulled. but it was placed on the re-mastered disc now. i think all the chronic cds without a deathrow logo dont have bitches aint shit  but the ones WITH dr logo have that track....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 05:26:41 AM by OGSUESONE »

eNgIeS

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2004, 05:39:10 AM »
Hey all you OG board members remember that Big Jake Doggy Dogg (I think he posts as some Jake Coleone name with a bunch of Godfather pics in his sig) said he has a SPECIAL EDITION OF DOGGYSTYLE with NEXT EPISODE ON IT. He says it has red cd art rather than blue & it was from next door neighbor, he bought it from a swap meet, He bought it at HMV fuck sorry dont know where it was from coz Jake gave so many different answers over the years

Hell it was only a year ago Jake posted here still claiming to have the cd. His excuse for not ripping it back in the day was his PC wasnt good enough & didnt know how. Now that things are so advanced & user-friendly I wonder if Jake would be kind enuff to rip it for us since he used to swear to god up & down that he wasnt lying

So Jake aka wanna be Don, how about coming out of the hiding & proving it to us once & for all

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2004, 05:42:33 AM »
lol... yea i remember that too. red artwork... cant rip that cd... oh wee  ::)

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2004, 05:44:07 AM »
he later said it looked like a cd-r stomper thing

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2004, 05:58:15 AM »
^ after that he said he'd give it to the person who had the right car he was lookin for...lol dont know what happened to that tho
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2004, 06:04:44 AM »
yea and after that he went to meet daz at the army camp in alaska.... lol. those styories re amazing.  8)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2004, 07:16:08 AM »
I always thought that The Next Episode was meant for Doggystyle, but Dre took it off as he wanted to have Snoop be the star of the LP and not have to use Dre's name on his own release. He was then going to release it on another LP that was a Dr Dre Presents or something (loads of guest emcees spitting over Dre beats).

And back in like 1995 or something i could have sworn everyone was saying that Doggystyle was a Daz produced track recorded after Doggystyle.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Tha Crip

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2004, 08:11:41 AM »
now that i think of it.....maybe it was daz.....daz sopposedly did aint no fun wit warren g so maybe they both made dis song....espcially seeing how the beat sounds similar to that song on warrens first album........CHUUUUUUCH!!!!! 8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2004, 08:16:26 AM »
^^Warren G said thats bullshit, he did not produce Ain't No Fun, just a rumour spread by peeps not in the know.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2004, 12:59:57 PM »
I'm still almost positive "The next episode" was a chronic track, does anybody have a cover pic of the tracklisting with "Next Episode" on doggystyle?  Dre's production followed a timeline, his production on the Chronic sounds totally different than his production on Doggystyle, and you can listen to his production and tell about when the song was produced.. .there's a direct line from Efil4zaggin to deep cover to Chronic to Doggystyle to Dogg Food.  Even Snoop's flow is different from the Chronic to Doggystyle.  Maybe it was once considered for release on doggystyle, but it was definately recorded before the Chronic was finished.  

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2004, 01:22:40 PM »
dre didnt produce a thing on dogg food, just mixed it ;)

but i agree with there being a line.. for example.. the 'next episode' theme was mentioned on efi4zaggin..dres concept..

i have that doggystyle, but not scanned

my hunches are as follows..

hohopper - chronic sessions, notice at the end of rip theres a few seconds of let me ride. no doubt really on this one.

Next episode - from chronic sessions or early doggstyle sessions
gz up, hoez down - early doggystyle sessions

doggystyle - doggstyle sessions (gc says '93 in it..)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 01:33:24 PM by Overseer »