Author Topic: O.G. Next Episode  (Read 2214 times)

Trauma-san

Re:O.G. Next Episode
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2004, 01:28:51 PM »
I'll take your word for it, then.  I'll also take your word that dre didn't have anything to do with "Respect" and "Let's play house"...

TKM

• Lil Geezy
  • Doin' It BIG
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2004, 01:37:32 PM »
y'all know who leaked those tracks?

Yo

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2004, 01:38:56 PM »
^  i think they came from the foeground, the original foesum website
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Don Seer

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2004, 01:42:18 PM »
i'm pretty sure next episode did, dunno about hohopper or doggystyle.

loadsa people got gz up hoez down.. so can come from anywhere..

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2004, 01:49:27 PM »
well looky here.. from oct 98...

"THERE'S A NEW SITE ON THA SCENE AN IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S COULD BE ONE OF THE DOPEST AROUND BEFO' LONG. CHECK OUT THE FOEGROUND AZ SOON AZ U CAN. THEY DON'T SEEM TO HAVE BEEN RUNIN' FO' 2 LONG YET BUT THEY ALREADY GOT THEY GAME GOIN' ON. THERE THE FIRST TO BRING ONE OF THE RAREST DEATH ROW TRACKS AROUND, THE NEXT EPISODE. THIS IS A TRACK FROM THOSE CHRONIC DOGGYSTYLE DAYS. IN FACT IT WAS PLANNED TO BE ON THE DOGGYSTYLE ALBUM BUT WAS APPARENTLY CUT OUT AT THE LAST MINUTE. TAKE A LISTEN AN U'LL SEE JUST HOW SIMILAR TO THE DOGGYSTYLE TRACKS THIS REALLY IS. APPARENTLY THE SITE'S CONSTRUCTION WAS HELPED OUT BY THA RUNNER OF SNOOP'S DOGGHOUSE, WHICH IS WHERE THIS NEWZ WAS FIRST PUT DOWN, SO GOOD LOOKING OUT DOGG. THE FOEGROUND ALSO HAS A COUPLE OF OTHER TIGHT UNRELEASED SNOOP AN DRE TRACKS LIKE 'THE HOHOPPER' AND 'HEARD IT THROUGH THE EASTSIDE', AS WELL AS ALBUM REVIEWS AN A LOT OF OTHER TIGHT SHIT. I'VE KNOWN ABOUT THIS TRACK 4 QUITE A WHILE BUT NEVER GOT TO HEAR IT TILL NOW. A SIMILAR THING HAPPENED WITH DRE AND THE CHRONIC WHERE A TRACK CALLED 'MR. OFFICER' WAS CUT OUT JUST BEFORE RELEASE. IF ANYBODY HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SONG PLEASE MAIL ME CUZ I'D LUV TO HEAR THIS TOO! "

mr officer was butchered by michel'le for chronic 2000, but is still unrel

(this is from playa p's old page...)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 01:50:23 PM by Overseer »

ggsmooth

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2004, 02:07:59 PM »
can anybody give me the links or the names to unreleased material from Deathrow or any west coast artist
SNOOP DOGG-DOGGYSTYLE
SNOOP DOGG/DR. DRE-THE NEXT EPISODE
SNOOP DOGG-HEARD IT THROUGH THE E.S
SNOOP DOGG-G'Z UP HO'Z DOWN it was released but it was later tooken off so i'll still include it.
DR.DRE-MR.OFFICER
DR.DRE/SNOOP DOGG-HO HOPPER

Don Seer

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2004, 02:09:52 PM »
you wont find mr officer.

you can get all the others on kazaa.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2004, 03:26:07 PM »
dont forget about Rat-Tat-Tat (OG) or maybe a remix  ;)

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2004, 04:50:03 PM »
speaking of Chronic singles, I got em all on tape (still sealed)  :o

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2004, 07:47:27 PM »
I think it was ment to be on Doggystyle, just some mishap. If you look at the original "Doggystyle" with "Pimps Up, Hoes Down" - it says "The Next Episode" but its just not on the cd.

The sad part is - I know somebody out there (and I dont mean just this forum) got that song in if not cdq then better quality.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

gchild213

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2004, 07:50:37 PM »
hasn't anyone ever asked snoop about these songs and when they were recorded?
if i was gonna interview snoop i might inquire about these songs

Trauma-san

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2004, 08:34:08 PM »
^ The problem with that is though artists don't think like that.  They don't wanna do interviews talking about old shit from 10 years ago, especially since everybody and their brother knows Snoop was better then than he is now.  You ask him about old shit too much, especially old unreleased shit, he's gonna think in the back of his mind "motherfucker, that was 10 years ago and it didn't even come out.  Ask me about shit I'm doing now".  That's how I'd be, at least....

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2004, 09:49:44 PM »
The doggystyle song was never released because of the sample.

the next episode beat was also used for rat a tat tat og, and later on warren g's album.  who knows, maybe they just were trying to find the right song for the beat.  Who knows, there could be many songs by dre and snoop that are unreleased that we just don't know about.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2004, 11:11:05 PM »
the next episode beat was also used for rat a tat tat og, and later on warren g's album.

the next episode og beat and the rat tat tat tat tat og beat arnt the same, there just both used on the warren g cd

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »
Snoop was liking the idea of putting out a Lost Tapes CD, but it'd be old stuff from No Limit rather than Death Row (so I'm told)

Mr Officer - Dr Dre featuring Michel'le ~ Heard about this song - never seen it before though!

Yeh there will be someone. Got G'z Up Hoes Down in CD Quality. Aint got OG next episode though. I've got a crappy version of that song! Wasn't able to get my hands on a good version.

The good thing about DeathRow releasing older material is that they re-master they DONT remix, and if they do they only alter the beat for freshness!