Author Topic: Who Picked Up Death Is Certain...  (Read 374 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who Picked Up Death Is Certain...
« on: February 25, 2004, 01:20:19 PM »
i just got mine and i'm listening to this cd for the first time and it's  :o
damn, this is some deep shit and the production is real tight...i really hope this album does well, this is hiphop at it's finest, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Who Picked Up Death Is Certain...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 02:29:20 PM »
sounds tight. I'ma cop this

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 02:57:04 PM »
I picked it up today too...
Really tight

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 06:19:38 PM »
Its not bad...The lyrics are really deep and dope...I think the main reason is because I'm really not a fan of DJ Premier and his beats...

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 08:39:03 PM »
^^^ Premier only did one track.

This album is better than Kanye's IMO.  It's more of a complete album and comes together nicely.  I just see Kanye's album as a bunch of really nice songs.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 11:26:19 PM »
i love this album...the only thing i think is wierd is the amount of tracks that are the same beat as an older track (by another artist)...for example "T.O.D.A.Y."s beat was originally a track called "Still Got Love For You" by Beanie Sigel...and then "Regardless" sounds a lot like P. Diddy's "Let's Get It"...

then the other thing i thought was funny was on one of the tracks (forgot which one) royce uses some pac lyrics...for one its kind of contradictory considering in a previous song he disses people for biting pac...then a couple songs later he uses the lines "this is the truest shit i ever wrote"...thought it was funny that he bit pac and it was even a line sounding like he wrote it lol

Dogg Sinatra

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 06:36:15 AM »
I bought it too... Very nice album! Yall gotta pick it up :)
"OL' BLUE EYEZ DOGG SINATRA MAKE A NIGGA DISAPPEAR LIKE JIMMY HOFFA..."

"GUESS WHO'S BACK IN THA MUTHAFUCKIN' HOUSE WITH A FAT DICK FOR YOUR MUTHAFUCKIN' MOUTH..."

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 06:48:18 AM »
I dont care if they use samples that folks already used ! All the beats are mad tight  , the lyrics and flow :o is just crazy shit .  Crazy , raw hip hop album . I picked it up !

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 01:51:08 PM »
...for example "T.O.D.A.Y."s beat was originally a track called "Still Got Love For You" by Beanie Sigel...and then "Regardless" sounds a lot like P. Diddy's "Let's Get It"...

It was killing me when I couldn't figure out where I recognize that "T.O.D.A.Y." beat from.  Then I realized I recognized it from "Make The Music With Your Mouth Biz".

i then the other thing i thought was funny was on one of the tracks (forgot which one) royce uses some pac lyrics...for one its kind of contradictory considering in a previous song he disses people for biting pac...then a couple songs later he uses the lines "this is the truest shit i ever wrote"...thought it was funny that he bit pac and it was even a line sounding like he wrote it lol

He said they were "on his nuts", not biting him.  He "bite" KRS-One, Easy-E and Chuck D too.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 01:55:52 PM »
...for example "T.O.D.A.Y."s beat was originally a track called "Still Got Love For You" by Beanie Sigel...and then "Regardless" sounds a lot like P. Diddy's "Let's Get It"...

It was killing me when I couldn't figure out where I recognize that "T.O.D.A.Y." beat from.  Then I realized I recognized it from "Make The Music With Your Mouth Biz".

i then the other thing i thought was funny was on one of the tracks (forgot which one) royce uses some pac lyrics...for one its kind of contradictory considering in a previous song he disses people for biting pac...then a couple songs later he uses the lines "this is the truest shit i ever wrote"...thought it was funny that he bit pac and it was even a line sounding like he wrote it lol

He said they were "on his nuts", not biting him.  He "bite" KRS-One, Easy-E and Chuck D too.

lol i didnt even realize that beat was redone by beanie lol...either way as far as the pac thing goes it still sounds very contradicting.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 02:48:45 PM »
nothin has fucked with death is certain thus far this year, it's gonna be hard to top, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 03:11:12 PM »
on Beef he starts it just like biggies "wats beef"

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 03:44:08 PM »
he turned Em's "His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy" into "My arms are heavy, knees weak, palms are sweaty".. he's probably just paying homage to his fav emcees..

I don't like the album as much as yall do which may have someting to do with the fact that I don't like his voice all that much.. he's definatly dope and skilled though

eS El Duque

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 04:56:13 PM »
easily best album of 2004 so far...but then..not many good albums have been dropped  ;D ;D (kanye who???)

throwback is my fav

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 01:12:24 AM »
a lot better than i expected.. i kinda wrote royce off when they relesaed that screwed up version of boom