Author Topic: Who Picked Up Death Is Certain...  (Read 379 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Who Picked Up Death Is Certain...
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 02:13:36 AM »
I wasnt to confident wit that album, probably cause I considered me a royce fan beforehand and expected way to much of a classic from the  dude :D
however, I think it's very impressive royce doesnt have real feats on the lp. that's kinda rare nowadays.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 12:03:33 PM »
a lot better than i expected.. i kinda wrote royce off when they relesaed that screwed up version of boom

When did that happen?  And what version?
It appeared on the 12", the Rock City album, and the OST to that MTV movie and it was all the same version, wasn't?
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 01:36:01 PM »
I think the original from a few years back didn't have a chorus and was just one straight verse. That's what I remember anyway but I'm not 100% sure. Can anybody confirm this  ???

PS: Tight album by the way. Better than 'Rock City' by a long stretch and still manages to eclipse 'Rock City: Version 2.0'. Royce is an up-and-comer for sure but I feel that he needs the power of a more powerful label who can unlock his full potential and maximise publicity for his career. Maybe Royce on the Roc? Would be nice and I would certainly like to hear 5' 9" over a Kanye beat.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 01:36:40 PM by DPG2K »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

West C. Connected

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 01:43:58 PM »
I think the original from a few years back didn't have a chorus and was just one straight verse. That's what I remember anyway but I'm not 100% sure. Can anybody confirm this  ???

PS: Tight album by the way. Better than 'Rock City' by a long stretch and still manages to eclipse 'Rock City: Version 2.0'. Royce is an up-and-comer for sure but I feel that he needs the power of a more powerful label who can unlock his full potential and maximise publicity for his career. Maybe Royce on the Roc? Would be nice and I would certainly like to hear 5' 9" over a Kanye beat.

Royce Da 5'9" - Heart Beat (Produced by Kanye West)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 02:30:43 PM »
man i aint even peeped this yet.. damn

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »
no the original boom beat is the one you are used to, it's the one that was released as a single and the one that appeared on 2.0...the only real change which appeared on the original rock city was on the chorus, they edited out premo's scratched chorus and edited in something like "ooh, somebody better duck and run, sombody better watch out cause he's bout ta blow" and at that point the lady or rage sample comes back in like originally "boom boom bam goddamn"...it wasn't much of a change but it pissed off alot of people, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2004, 02:45:51 PM »
yeah i went out bought the original 12".. got all hyped.. they made a video.. wtf. its got this wack hook..

good album tho.. but i listened to "the bad half" bootleg after.. 'the desert' is still my shit :)

gchild213

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 07:50:50 PM »
he turned Em's "His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy" into "My arms are heavy, knees weak, palms are sweaty".. he's probably just paying homage to his fav emcees..

yup, he also quoted eazy from boyz n tha hood, and redman from his verse on an mc eiht album, i forget the name of the song "oh my god i destroy cities like the blob"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2004, 02:03:05 AM »
Very nice album...

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2004, 10:57:06 AM »
I see...I never listened to the Euro version of Rock City.  I guess you guys got screwed.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2004, 12:46:46 PM »
I see...I never listened to the Euro version of Rock City.  I guess you guys got screwed.

I like the original version better...