Author Topic: Mary J Blidge-Love and Life  (Read 795 times)

JEMISON

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Mary J Blidge-Love and Life
« on: February 25, 2004, 04:45:19 PM »
Where would hip hop and r&b be without Mary J Blidge?  For sure not at the level it is presently.  Mary is famous from previous hits:  "no moredrama", "love is all we need", "familly affair", and the list could on and on.  Miss Blidge is back with album number three.  Which is a tru Gem.  

To get the party started mary brought the hit single "love @ first sight"  which featured method man who she previosly cameod on the 1994 smash "All I need" .  Another highlight was "not today" featuring eve which both ladies talk about the men that did them wrong over a head nocking Dr Dre produced track.  Keeping in swing mary comes with "ooh" which brings an upbeat track with a catchy chorus.  Next up Mary pairs up with g-unit head mc 50 cent on the soon to be smash "let me be the 1".  

Unfortunely he album did a flew flaws.  on the track "Don't go"the track  lacks the spunk Mary usely brings to a trackand lacks expression.  The track "when we" starts of really good with the sample of oldies similiar to Just Blaze  Pdiddy loops  it throughout the whole song but the chorus was weak. The last flaw would be the amount of interludes which slowed the cd groove.

Mary has always brought more than dance tracks and continues to do that on this album as well with the hit "friends" she sings about her pain relationships.  The album highlight is accoustic guitar flavored track "ultimate Relationship am" which is beutiful sounding.

Overall Mary has done it again and is still the quen of hip hop and  R&B.
3.75/5

West C. Connected

Re:Mary J Blidge-Love and Life
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 12:09:32 PM »