Author Topic: Loud Rocks (compilation)  (Read 910 times)

davida.b.

Loud Rocks (compilation)
« on: February 25, 2004, 09:08:17 PM »
Most of u may not have heard of this. Loud Records made this obscure compilation featuring remixes and remakes of classic rap tunes, by adding some rock stars to help. Its kinda like the Judgement Day soundtrack, but it doesn't suck

Shame (System of a Down, RZA)- Good remake, Serji Tankian adds a LOT of energy to the old verses, the raekwon verse isn't covered, Rza spits a new verse instead. It's an OK verse. 4.5/5

Make Room (Sugar Ray, Tha Liks)- This is actually pretty good, Sugar Ray adds a nice party feeling to the song. 5/5

Hip Hop (Static X, Dead Prez)- Static X add a little heavy metal to the song. Chorus is even better than before. 5/5

Los Angeles Times (Endo, Xzibit)- If u aren't banging your head Johnathon Davis style, while u are listening to this song, check your pulse. 5/5

Shook Ones Part 2 (Everlast)- Damn, Whitey Ford really stays faithful to the song, he doesn't change the lyrics, which means he does use the N word. The guitar riffs are kickass! 5/5

Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothing Ta Fuck Wit (Tom Morello, Chad Smith, Wu Tang Clan)- Yet another excellent song turned into a headbanger. 5/5

Only When I'm Drunk (Crazy Town)- Yeah, I know what you're probably thinking; "Crazy Town did that song 'Butterfly', right? Damn, they are definatly going to ruin the song". Actually, they did a pretty tight job. The song is perfect. 5/5

What U See Is WHat U Get (Sevendust, Xzibit)- Yet another tight redone classic. Xzibit still brings the heat, and Lajon Witherspoon does the chorus, which is a lot better than in the original. 5/5

How Bout Some Hardcore (Grunge is Dead, M.O.P.)- This compilation wouldn't be complete without an M.O.P. appearance. I don't think everyone will like this song, but I do. 4.5/5

For Heaven's Sake 2000 (Ozzy Osbourne, Cappadonna, Tony Iommi, Wu Tang Clan)- Words cannot describe how dope this joint is. 5/5

Caribbean Connection (Shootyz Groove)- Again, this is another song I'm pretty sure will get mixed opinions. Like the last time, I personally like it. 4/5

Survival OF The Fittest (Mobb Deep, Sick of it All)- Lou Koller fucks up big time here. The guitar riffs definatly saved this one. 4/5

Still Not A Player (Big Pun, Incubus)- A vary great remix of a classic song. The big guy would be very proud. 5/5

Overall: 4.75/5

Don Breezio

Re:Loud Rocks (compilation)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 12:51:54 AM »

Shook Ones Part 2 (Everlast)- Damn, Whitey Ford really stays faithful to the song, he doesn't change the lyrics, which means he does use the N word. The guitar riffs are kickass! 5/5

good song...funny thing is the back of the cover says Mobb Deep feat. Everlast...but theres no mobb deep...its a straight up remake

Only When I'm Drunk (Crazy Town)- Yeah, I know what you're probably thinking; "Crazy Town did that song 'Butterfly', right? Damn, they are definatly going to ruin the song". Actually, they did a pretty tight job. The song is perfect. 5/5

i like crazy town...i think they did a great job with this song

What U See Is WHat U Get (Sevendust, Xzibit)- Yet another tight redone classic. Xzibit still brings the heat, and Lajon Witherspoon does the chorus, which is a lot better than in the original. 5/5

being the OG version of this was the first xzibit song i ever heard i couldnt wait to hear it...and i love it even more than the OG...this song is amazingly well done...

Still Not A Player (Big Pun, Incubus)- A vary great remix of a classic song. The big guy would be very proud. 5/5

as most of you know im a huge incubus fan...and this is one of the reasons why...this song was fucking great.

other than those songs i really didnt like this cd at all...i'd give it a 1.75 out of 5...it had so much potential with so little quality

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 04:44:10 PM »
I should probably mention that I like Crazy Town to. I was just saying what I thought others would say about Crazy Town.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 07:33:02 PM »
Can someone with MSN hook me up with that Everlast song?

BTW Good review.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris